Haywood Vs SG Region title

Kruger77

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

@WarEagleCartman, this is a great post. I have been trying to figure out a way to say this, but did not want to be disrespectful to anyone from Haywood, because I think a lot of them. It is no secret that I have a ton of respect for everything Haywood. They just have something in the water there that pumps out D1 athletes and they just never stop. They have a great coaching staff, great posters on the T, people actually show up their games and support them, what else can I say? SGC is taking a 3 legged dog to the races. We all know this. However, we aint scared. We will give it our best shot and what ever the score is, so be it. We will not play scared. SCG can win this contest. Are we favored to win by anyone metrics? No. Should we be favored to win? Again, no. However the games are played on the field and not on this forum, or any paper that is written. I have gained some valued friends through the years from Haywood because of this game. These friendships will continue because the Haywood folks that I have talked with personally are good folks that are proud of their team, just like me. God gave us all football, and the high school level is the game in its purest form. Let's step back and appreciate that. 

I’ve wondered the same about this matchup myself. It’s always been a pretty tight game. IMO and could be wrong, I think Haywood could never just shut that option offense completely down that Stidham run there and SGC could find a way on D to get enough stops to keep these games close. That being said y’all running a spread look now could honestly be more In favor of Haywood. Am I way off this MoM’s?

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

I’ve wondered the same about this matchup myself. It’s always been a pretty tight game. IMO and could be wrong, I think Haywood could never just shut that option offense completely down that Stidham run there and SGC could find a way on D to get enough stops to keep these games close. That being said y’all running a spread look now could honestly be more In favor of Haywood. Am I way off this MoM’s?

This is my exact thought as well 

3 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

The new coach has the team running multiple offensive sets. We shall see what he breaks out against the Cats Friday. Whatever it is, I hope is works! That front 7 from Haywood is stout, and they are speedsters on the outside. 

13 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

@WarEagleCartman, this is a great post. I have been trying to figure out a way to say this, but did not want to be disrespectful to anyone from Haywood, because I think a lot of them. It is no secret that I have a ton of respect for everything Haywood. They just have something in the water there that pumps out D1 athletes and they just never stop. They have a great coaching staff, great posters on the T, people actually show up their games and support them, what else can I say? SGC is taking a 3 legged dog to the races. We all know this. However, we aint scared. We will give it our best shot and what ever the score is, so be it. We will not play scared. SCG can win this contest. Are we favored to win by anyone metrics? No. Should we be favored to win? Again, no. However the games are played on the field and not on this forum, or any paper that is written. I have gained some valued friends through the years from Haywood because of this game. These friendships will continue because the Haywood folks that I have talked with personally are good folks that are proud of their team, just like me. God gave us all football, and the high school level is the game in its purest form. Let's step back and appreciate that. 

The kids from Medina play a very disciplined brand of ball that gives them a shot to win a lot of games with the talent they have. Again just a personal opinion but I think Haywood wins a lot of games during warm-ups/first drive. There's just going to be a lot of kids who see that team of mammoths and Uber athletes and simply write the game off. SG just isn't one and to beat them you have to beat them. I think Haywood wins either 42 or 35 to 21. Something in that range

39 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

The kids from Medina play a very disciplined brand of ball that gives them a shot to win a lot of games with the talent they have. Again just a personal opinion but I think Haywood wins a lot of games during warm-ups/first drive. There's just going to be a lot of kids who see that team of mammoths and Uber athletes and simply write the game off. SG just isn't one and to beat them you have to beat them. I think Haywood wins either 42 or 35 to 21. Something in that range

I agree. If Haywood would promise to hook us up with a few turnover I would feel better about it! 

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

This place sure does seem to be quite. Where are the Haywood folks at??? Dang, I am a 1 man band trying to hold it down for the SGC, there are tons of Haywood posters. Y'all get fired up and share some thoughts and predictions! 

Here's a thought!  Don’t poke the nest Tomcat fans.  He’s just trying to provoke us into giving the Hornets some bulletin board material.

Here's a prediction!  I predict beautiful football weather for Friday night--clear skies, temps in the 50s, and winds from the south-southwest at 5 to 10 mph.