Mairvul goes two West

STARSNBARS

Even though im picking Maryville myself...I do hope those picking them also, will give props to West should they win.

This week is really about who wants it more as both teams are talented and well coached...

For West they need to prove the naysayers wrong- "they cant beat Maryville", "they play in a weak district", "they choke in big games" etc.

For Maryville - that "the mystique is dying" that "these players arent as good as their predecessors" "can they win state?"

Winning a game like this is a huge momentum boost heading into the playoffs for either team, but I think psychologically West needs it more.

I expect nothing less than a hard hitting fought game that I hope both teams come away injury from especially with the playoffs two weeks away.

Go West!

West has played great ball all year and the record shows it.  Defense has only given up 66 points the entire season with most of those to one of the teams they beat.  Alcoa.  This West team has learned how to win and I would assume their confidence is at an all time high.  Maryville has struggled this year by their standards.  Two losses with one of those to an average at best team.  I'm picking West.

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:21 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Alcoa played well against Maryville as always but Maryville was driving and threw a pick 6 on Alcoa's side of the field so don't let the score get you confused. I think if Alcoa's qb hadn't been banged up they would have beat West. Don't let the Cleveland game mislead you either.  Maryville should have taken care of business early and let them hang around with a five man officiating crew missing big calls left and right. Either way my money is on Maryville this week.

Alcoa QB was banged up? I thought he missed the week before to get healthy and there hasn't been any talks of him being banged up since then soooo.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well Maryville is getting a new scoreboard which was announced in the paper yesterday. Should have seen all the comments from the butthurt county people. 

And, the scoreboard is being paid for by previous years' advertisements in the stadium and on the scoreboard.  No tax dollars are being spend by the city.