Mairvul goes two West

STARSNBARS

44 minutes ago, Greenbackpride said:

West wins big i think.  West defense is there strong area. They are quick and pursue the ball.  They should shut maryvilles running game down.  West should be able to pick maryvilles secondary apart since how that is maryvilles weakest link.  West 35 maryville14

Wow, that is a bold pick

1 hour ago, madhatter2269 said:

this makes no sense and wasn’t thought out before posted lol. How is powell is wests head? By beating them last year? West beat powell in 2020 and put them out in 2019. That’s totally irrelevant.

The whipping they put on West was done by that offense in the Semifinals. Also the two games you mentioned happened in the third round and regular season and might as well have been a lifetime ago. 

All im saying is its a little too early to think if West beats Maryville that West will roll through 5A when Powell has stood in Wests way in the past when it really counted.

1 hour ago, Greenbackpride said:

West wins big i think.  West defense is there strong area. They are quick and pursue the ball.  They should shut maryvilles running game down.  West should be able to pick maryvilles secondary apart since how that is maryvilles weakest link.  West 35 maryville14

If that happens...ill give u props but I think it will be the reverse.

21 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Wow, that is a bold pick

Maryville is not the same team people r use to hearing about.  Maryville is down and will be down for a couple of years before picking back up. They r still the same displined maryville. They have athletes. But west has more. After watching both teams west defense is the difference in this game.

12 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

The whipping they put on West was done by that offense in the Semifinals. Also the two games you mentioned happened in the third round and regular season and might as well have been a lifetime ago. 

All im saying is its a little too early to think if West beats Maryville that West will roll through 5A when Powell has stood in Wests way in the past when it really counted.

Lol and the game a year ago might as well of been a lifetime ago. The semi final game id bet isn’t in their head but hey you do you 

14 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

when powell has stood in wests way in the past when it really counted. Lol. When? A year ago. You’re acting like they’ve beaten them 5 straight years in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, madhatter2269 said:

Lol and the game a year ago might as well of been a lifetime ago. The semi final game id bet isn’t in their head but hey you do you 

This team is just very business like.  They have a group of seniors with a few juniors mixed in that have played in alot of big football games together.  Remember they returned 18-19 starters. They believe they can win every game ahead of them moving forward if they continue to just do West.  

• Like 1

Top to bottom West is the better and more complete team, however this hasn't been mentioned yet Maryville will have the best player on the field in Vaughn. I watched a local kid that currently plays for the Detroit Lions and I watch Vaughn and the kid that's playing for the Lions doesn't have the talent and upside as Vaughn does. Vaughn at the next level with the right program, coaching staff, etc, I think he could be making football as a living. I don't have a prediction on who wins but Vaughn keeps this game respectable 

28 minutes ago, Greenbackpride said:

Maryville is not the same team people r use to hearing about.  Maryville is down and will be down for a couple of years before picking back up. They r still the same displined maryville. They have athletes. But west has more. After watching both teams west defense is the difference in this game.

Ha!

2 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

I can't see a lopsided score either way. I think its close. But I see the edge going to West. Even as good as Vaughn is, West seems to have the more balanced offense and I'd give them the edge defensively as well. They have the best defense I've seen this year.

I agree with all of this.  Buuuutttttt! Vaughn is the total package.  I still have West by half a trickle