Mairvul goes two West

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, strongx said:

WB had a stud QB that year (along with some others). I think they won the mythical county title that year. I missed the end of the championship game with f’n hairtage as I was beating tragic out of the big lot.

I left before game was over because Heritage had it won. Instead of running the clock out with a 14-13 lead Heritage passed 3 times then attempted a field goal that was missed. William Blount got the ball back and threw a 80 yd touchdown pass to win 20-14. 

19 hours ago, chrisburr said:

Even though I think both teams get bounced in the Second Round of their Playoffs (Not to mention Oakland ended Maryville's run at the top last season which signaled the end of an Era)

West 21, Maryville 20

A+ In your trolling- but you probably won’t get many bites here.  I’ll help you out - name the two teams that both Rebels lose to in a second round match up.  

53 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

I feel like this is a must win game for Maryville, and I expect them to come fired up. Im going to take Maryville winning by 1 TD

Non Region game for either team - so other than bragging rights - not a must win for either.  Maryville has owned West (even took out our state championship team fairly easily).  I will be pulling hard for West Friday night, but until they show they can climb the Mount Maryville, I think the mental edge goes Maryville.  

A coin toss decided by who makes the fewest mistakes and how the breaks fall.  No different than the Alcoa game - one play away from a win or a loss (two year in a row really).   Build experience, get better, stay healthy - build for the playoffs.  

Just now, MeritIII said:

Non Region game for either team - so other than bragging rights - not a must win for either.  Maryville has owned West (even took out our state championship team fairly easily).  I will be pulling hard for West Friday night, but until they show they can climb the Mount Maryville, I think the mental edge goes Maryville.  

A coin toss decided by who makes the fewest mistakes and how the breaks fall.  No different than the Alcoa game - one play away from a win or a loss (two year in a row really).   Build experience, get better, stay healthy - build for the playoffs.  

Let's just hope the stripes don't screw it up.  And they do let the kids determine the outcome on the field.

2 hours ago, MeritIII said:

Truth