Mustangs coming to Trenton

horse

after the BYE week following the loss to Westview, I am ready for another game!

Huntingdon / Trenton - 2 historic programs who have so much respect for each other to grind it out under the Friday night lights! This year at Trenton!

Expecting another huge crowd, expecting another dog fight!

Right now early prediction:

Huntingdon - 33

trenton - 28

1 hour ago, MustangGuru said:

after the BYE week following the loss to Westview, I am ready for another game!

Huntingdon / Trenton - 2 historic programs who have so much respect for each other to grind it out under the Friday night lights! This year at Trenton!

Expecting another huge crowd, expecting another dog fight!

Right now early prediction:

Huntingdon - 33

trenton - 28

A lot of respect from both sides. People that know football know that this will be a great game and hoping for a great atmosphere. Can Peabody slow down the running attack from Huntingdon, and how will they handle Peabody's balanced offense? I don't see many defensive stops in this game. It could come down to whoever has the ball last wins the game. Peabody will definitely be playing with a lot of emotion as it is their senior night. These seniors have only lost 3 games their entire football careers. Should be a fun game to enjoy.

Edited by thunderbolts

8 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

A lot of respect from both sides. People that know football know that this will be a great game and hoping for a great atmosphere. Can Peabody slow down the running attack from Huntingdon, and how will they handle Peabody's balanced offense? I don't see many defensive stops in this game. It could come down to whoever has the ball last wins the game. Peabody will definitely be playing with a lot of emotion as it is their senior night. These seniors have only lost 3 games their entire football careers. Should be a fun game to enjoy.

Only 3 losses in a high school career is pretty dang impressive. Not many that have played can say that. I hope it’s 4 after Friday. 4 is still impressive.

25 minutes ago, Waker said:

Only 3 losses in a high school career is pretty dang impressive. Not many that have played can say that. I hope it’s 4 after Friday. 4 is still impressive.

Only Trenton team to also go undefeated as 8th graders. Just not in football, basketball played for the state championship last year and baseball finished final four. Special group of young men. When certain schools get a special group of kids amazing things happen. Huntingdon has been there before in multiple sports. Baseball is usually always in the mix going to Murfreesboro, if it wasn’t for your darn cross county team who knows how last year would have played out for Peabody not only in football but also baseball. LOL! It is always fun watching hard working kids competing at a high level in a great atmosphere. Should be a great night Friday night with two of the best programs in West Tennessee battling it out.

No doubt Huntingdon can grind the football. That is a given. However,  either Swenson won't throw the football or the Mustangs can't throw the football with any consistency at all. 

Peabody is more than capable of running the football. Diggers, in my opinion, is by far the most efficient qb in West Tennessee. Huntingdon can't in any way shape or form even begin to replicate him on the practice field.

Should Peabody pull ahead by a couple or three scores and the clock becomes a factor, then Huntindon's offensive strength becomes a liability.  Their offense obviously works best when they have a good size lead and can grind it out. I will take a team that has a good running game and a top flight passing attack over a run at all costs team.

Peabody by 14+.