Mustangs coming to Trenton

horse

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Well McKenzie blew Huntingdon out and Huntingdon beat Peabody. I will keep an open mind and say this game had no District implications. Don’t know who is back for Peabody etc…Never know about Peabody. 3rd round could get interesting in playoffs for Peabody. 

To be fair, the Huntingdon team that Mckenzie played in week 1 is not the same team that Huntingdon has fielded in the past 4 or 5 weeks. They've found their groove on offense and the defense has shored up a lot of holes.

I'm definitely not saying we would beat Mckenzie at this point either, but it would definitely be more competitive.

Peabody is still a good team. They just made more mistakes than Huntingdon tonight. A lot of dropped balls and some inaccuracy from Driggers due to the Mustang pass rush really stalled the Tide offense. I agree with the sentiment though. 3rd round is where the 1A west bracket will get real interesting. 

6 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

To be fair, the Huntingdon team that Mckenzie played in week 1 is not the same team that Huntingdon has fielded in the past 4 or 5 weeks. They've found their groove on offense and the defense has shored up a lot of holes.

I'm definitely not saying we would beat Mckenzie at this point either, but it would definitely be more competitive.

Peabody is still a good team. They just made more mistakes than Huntingdon tonight. A lot of dropped balls and some inaccuracy from Driggers due to the Mustang pass rush really stalled the Tide offense. I agree with the sentiment though. 3rd round is where the 1A west bracket will get real interesting. 

And I am not talking about McKenzie. Think it is MASE. Lake County should test the waters in 2nd round. 

• Like 1

I could really cared less who won the game I just watched it cause it promised to be a good game and it was.  I gotta know though.  When the Huntingdon QB made a good run for a 1st down and got up and gave the first down signal the official gave him an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  I have seen about 1,000 players do that the past few years and never seen that happen.  Then, later in the game the Trenton QB did the same thing but no penalty.  If someone reading this is a TSSAA official please explain that to me.  The "the refs didn't see that one" is not going to cut it.  They all saw it.  Thank you.

35 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

I could really cared less who won the game I just watched it cause it promised to be a good game and it was.  I gotta know though.  When the Huntingdon QB made a good run for a 1st down and got up and gave the first down signal the official gave him an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  I have seen about 1,000 players do that the past few years and never seen that happen.  Then, later in the game the Trenton QB did the same thing but no penalty.  If someone reading this is a TSSAA official please explain that to me.  The "the refs didn't see that one" is not going to cut it.  They all saw it.  Thank you.

Funny how that worked out. 

1 hour ago, YBsostupid said:

I was honestly shocked Huntingdon won the game…

18 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

Refs are horrible. Mustangs winning in spite of the refs. Missed holding calls ALL NIGHT LONG. Huntingdon QB runs for a first down and signals first down, gets called for unsportsmanlike conduct. Driggers does the same thing on the next drive.. no call..

17 hours ago, Tide21 said:

You are about as stupid as they get 

3 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

2 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Funny how that worked out. 

Yet I was told I'm "stupid as they get" for pointing it out during the game...

5 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

Eubanks made a great tough run and was not trying to show anyone up. He was just excited. I believe it was on 4th down and got a first. 15 yard flag.  Driggers made a equally tough run and gave the same motion. No flag. I don’t blame either for being passionate in big moments. Just be consistent. 

It kind of played into Huntingdons favorite as they were trying to run time off the clock.

The play at the half…..I heard Peabody fans on a call in show after the game saying it was no time on the clock. Huntingdon clearly called a time out with time on the clock. The clock keeper was awfully slow stopping the clock for Huntingdon and on top of his job when Peabody needed it.

• Upvote 1