Gordonsville @ Clay Co Part 2. THE REMATCH

TheBlueprint

12 hours ago, Cam615 said:

Question, this is the biggest football game in Clay Co since…?   The nerves will be up for both teams but I would tend to lean to the team with the most experience. 

All I know is my team played a tough schedule. Portland won a 5a playoff game, Macon co has a 4a mr football candidate, clay co is still playing and only has 1 loss from certain team, smith co ain’t too bad either! LOL  even White House took east nashville to the wire in a playoff game. East Robertson has a real shot this week after seeing the ram train up close! Toughest schedule we have ever had for sure! Clay wins this one due to all the experienced coaches they have! 

Edited by Mr. Postman1

9 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

All I know is my team played a tough schedule. Portland won a 5a playoff game, Macon co has a 4a mr football candidate, clay co is still playing and only has 1 loss from certain team, smith co ain’t too bad either! LOL  even White House took east nashville to the wire in a playoff game. East Robertson has a real shot this week after seeing the ram train up close! Toughest schedule we have ever had for sure! Clay wins this one due to all the experienced coaches they have! 

Good point they have 1 of the most experienced staffs around. Maynard, Dickerson, and Lamb 

Just because it’s hard to beat a team twice doesn’t mean Gordonsville will win. Just because Celina won the first one doesn’t mean Celina will win. Whoever brings their A game Friday night will win. If both bring their A game, I like Gordonsville’s a little bit better. 
I am happy for the Gordonsville seniors that get a chance at redemption. The loss at Celina then a loss at South Pitt would have been a tough way to go.

As far as the first game goes, turnovers/ double passes/ fake punts are a part of the game. All that matters is wins and losses, Celina won the first one but the one that matters is Friday. Hopefully they can find some bleachers for the visitors side of the field :D

1 hour ago, TigerTown12 said:

Just because it’s hard to beat a team twice doesn’t mean Gordonsville will win. Just because Celina won the first one doesn’t mean Celina will win. Whoever brings their A game Friday night will win. If both bring their A game, I like Gordonsville’s a little bit better. 
I am happy for the Gordonsville seniors that get a chance at redemption. The loss at Celina then a loss at South Pitt would have been a tough way to go.

As far as the first game goes, turnovers/ double passes/ fake punts are a part of the game. All that matters is wins and losses, Celina won the first one but the one that matters is Friday. Hopefully they can find some bleachers for the visitors side of the field :D

Visiting bleachers have always been an embarrassment for us.  What does exist are low lying and awful.  The Gville crowd a few weeks ago was the biggest visitor crowd ever assembled at John Teeples Field I’d say.  With East Rob, Smith Co., and York/Monterey all playing Friday I’m sure there’ll be some neutral fans that won’t make it here that otherwise would have, but the atmosphere should be great anyway.  

This will be a great game between two hard nosed football teams. Clay has the manpower upfront to win this one again but will the game be too big for them. Time will tell. Gordonsville definitely looked the part last week as expected but some very questionable play calling when they had a chance to put us away. Will this game be too big for the new coach ?

Having seen both teams play now regardless of what happened in the first game, my prediction is this...

If #5 does not play...

Clay County 22

Gordonsville 21

or 

If #5 plays...

Gordonsville 35

Clay County 21

27 minutes ago, piratetom said:

This will be a great game between two hard nosed football teams. Clay has the manpower upfront to win this one again but will the game be too big for them. Time will tell. Gordonsville definitely looked the part last week as expected but some very questionable play calling when they had a chance to put us away. Will this game be too big for the new coach ?

Having seen both teams play now regardless of what happened in the first game, my prediction is this...

If #5 does not play...

Clay County 22

Gordonsville 21

or 

If #5 plays...

Gordonsville 35

Clay County 21

Don’t see Gordonsville scoring 4 tds on Dawg defense even with #5.

Edited by Dog13