peral cohn vs lexington round 3

Tigertown41

The Tigers are very good at what they do but at some point, they'll have to add another dimension to their offense if they want to keep advancing. There have been run only teams win state championships before, but even they ran a misdirection offense, not just line up and snap it to our best athlete and let him find room. I'm old school...I love watching a good passing attack, but if you can run and play defense you will usually win. I think the Tigers can defend against Pearl Cohn enough to have a shot, but not sure that the Firebirds will allow a one-dimensional offense to put up enough points to keep up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tigertown41 said:

something tells me the bigred got a chance at home what yall think??

I’ve seen two Posts y’all butchered our name lol It’s PEARL COHN but it’s the playoffs. Everybody has a chance. I’m still confused why we have to travel but hey it is what it is. Lexington coaching staff has done a great job.

Edited by FBfan26

30 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I’ve seen two Posts y’all butchered our name lol It’s PEARL COHN but it’s the playoffs. Everybody has a chance. I’m still confused why we have to travel but hey it is what it is. Lexington coaching staff has done a great job.

The bracket rotates as far as hosting. It ensure that when like seeds meet that it isn’t always at the same location. In even number years (2022 for example) the lower part of the bracket would host. In odd years like 2023 the upper part would host. So if this was next year Lexington would have to come to you. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The bracket rotates as far as hosting. It ensure that when like seeds meet that it isn’t always at the same location. In even number years (2022 for example) the lower part of the bracket would host. In odd years like 2023 the upper part would host. So if this was next year Lexington would have to come to you. 

Thanks purp. I guess you can say that’s fair. I thought when two ones meet it goes by overall record. Guess I’m stuck in time. Good luck to y’all this week.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Thanks purp. I guess you can say that’s fair. I thought when two ones meet it goes by overall record. Guess I’m stuck in time. Good luck to y’all this week.

If you look at the official brackets on the TSSAA website, they put a letter H on the bracket when it’s first published to show who is the home team each week. There is also an explanation printed below the bracket.

8 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

They call it the “Maryville” rule. Several years ago Maryville won like 100 games in a row or some ridiculous number like that. And they never had to play on the road in the playoffs. That when they changed it from overall record. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

FB, I know nothing about Lexington this year. I actually commented about this game on another thread earlier. I do know what Pearl Cohn brings every year and they ain’t no joke. I think your boys get it done. The Jackets took care of business there a few years back. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

The Tigers are very good at what they do but at some point, they'll have to add another dimension to their offense if they want to keep advancing. There have been run only teams win state championships before, but even they ran a misdirection offense, not just line up and snap it to our best athlete and let him find room. I'm old school...I love watching a good passing attack, but if you can run and play defense you will usually win. I think the Tigers can defend against Pearl Cohn enough to have a shot, but not sure that the Firebirds will allow a one-dimensional offense to put up enough points to keep up.

Good post. I don’t think Lexington has another dimension with this team. They’ve made a good little run in the playoffs but it ends next week. I can’t see them doing what they do against Pearl Cohn. They IMO will be able to stop the rushing attack of the Tigers. They absolutely dominated Hardin County last night. Bigger, faster and stronger. I will be pulling for Lexington but can’t see it happening. I’m gonna try and go to this game and see how it goes.