Classification and enrollment appeals

Indian

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

don't know anything about charter and Magnet schools except that they are public schools and should only be in D1. They are your problem. Yall kicked us privates out to D2. If you want them out, I guess we could start D3 or apply a multiplier to them. Don't dump them on us.

I don't view them as a problem either Reitz. Magnets specifically get students "funneled" to them from within a system, but most systems have language in their policy to allow for it anyway, and the system is only "closed" per board policy to boot. Virtually the same scenario if the board didn't restrict enrollment zones to begin with...sort of making an exception for a rule that you put in place yourself. In my opinion, the only schools that should be mad about a magnet is the other schools within that system...they're the only ones that the magnet has a true advantage over, by setting a one-way zone that the magnet can enroll your student, but you can't accept an out of zone. Liberty did well with that policy while JMCSS favored them over everyone else, but when the vision of athletic dominance faded out so did Liberty.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AKUffd7ODQOIa4A&cid=C425CC264269ABEF&id=C425CC264269ABEF!28236&parId=C425CC264269ABEF!27838&o=OneUp

Above is the direct link from your school board policy manual. This policy outlines the steps a student living outside the zone must take to be admitted. The fact that a student can live outside of the zone and attend makes McKenzie open zone like the vast majority of school systems in the state. Now the first requirement says must be approved by the DOS. He or she may tell you we don’t allow it but there is a policy on file and that make u open zone. Nothing wrong with it. Almost everyone is that way. This is the current policy as I just pulled it directly from the McKenzie website unless they don’t update their website. 

I will admit I did just a quick look at Admitted Students or some part of it like that. I know, with the exception of one i can think of and that was a basketball player who wasn’t all that, we require them to live in our system. Or, we request a hardship from the TSSAA. 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

I will admit I did just a quick look at Admitted Students or some part of it like that. I know, with the exception of one i can think of and that was a basketball player who wasn’t all that, we require them to live in our system. Or, we request a hardship from the TSSAA. 

I get it. What people actually do and what their policy says are sometimes two separate things.  Just wanted to point out y’all could let in whoever you wanted according to your policy and there would be nothing wrong with it cause everyone basically has the same policy. 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

Is this your way of admitting that I was correct? Apology accepted sir.

BTW, as I refuse to support any lame NFHS broadcast, would you please leave a link so I might listen. Thank you.

22 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

don't know anything about charter and Magnet schools except that they are public schools and should only be in D1. They are your problem. Yall kicked us privates out to D2. If you want them out, I guess we could start D3 or apply a multiplier to them. Don't dump them on us.

D-2 needs more teams or less classes. Take your pick. 

4 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I always find it amazing how certain  fans of smaller D1 teams always seem to know what is best for teams and divisions that they have no real knowledge about.  Oh well. on to basketball

It doesn't matter who you're a fan of to recognize what common sense is. But of course many of the D-II supporters such as yourself went from mocking the publics with the mantras "Everyone gets a trophy" and "play who's in front of you" now you're the ones advocating for everyone to get a trophy. Because God forbid TCA to have to play a school with an enrollment of 100 more than them. Lmao

20 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

It doesn't matter who you're a fan of to recognize what common sense is. But of course many of the D-II supporters such as yourself went from mocking the publics with the mantras "Everyone gets a trophy" and "play who's in front of you" now you're the ones advocating for everyone to get a trophy. Because God forbid TCA to have to play a school with an enrollment of 100 more than them. Lmao

Not sure where this is going but i totally agree with the public private split. Given the resources, academics, small class size, it’s been apparent Forever that this needed to happen. Too many small public schools were beaten like baby seals during the playoffs by the dominant Private Academy’s, etc. And for the most part it’s working except for the schools (who are privately flying under the radar). Basically any school that in its Name is a Religious Sect or an “Academy”. They all go off the island for playoffs. 
Hopefullly it stay this way. But never underestimate the credulity of people and their fairy tale belief systems. So far So Good. 

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Not sure where this is going but i totally agree with the public private split. Given the resources, academics, small class size, it’s been apparent Forever that this needed to happen. Too many small public schools were beaten like baby seals during the playoffs by the dominant Private Academy’s, etc. And for the most part it’s working except for the schools (who are privately flying under the radar). Basically any school that in its Name is a Religious Sect or an “Academy”. They all go off the island for playoffs. 
Hopefullly it stay this way. But never underestimate the credulity of people and their fairy tale belief systems. So far So Good. 

Fairness is not the mission, If so Cloudland and Unaka would never be lumped with the Union Cities, McKenzies, Mase Of Fayette city. These schools have nothing in common except enrollment #s. If you just want to count enrollment, put the private back in, do away with classes and have at it.  We,ve had big time advantaged teams forever, its not like the football Gods put all the talent in Alcoa. Its pretty much who can draw the most outside talent ,PERIOD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Fairness is not the mission, If so Cloudland and Unaka would never be lumped with the Union Cities, McKenzies, Mase Of Fayette city. These schools have nothing in common except enrollment #s. If you just want to count enrollment, put the private back in, do away with classes and have at it.  We,ve had big time advantaged teams forever, its not like the football Gods put all the talent in Alcoa. Its pretty much who can draw the most outside talent ,PERIOD.

Wholeheartedly Agree. 

On 11/17/2022 at 8:58 AM, MSUBac2001 said:

Honestly, besides Jo Byrns, it would. 

If you look at travel distances, Region 3 makes more sense than R1 for Midway.  If I were a region 1 school, I would veto that if possible. 

They will have to move someone to Region 4 once Gordonsville grows into being 2A. Can't have a region of only Clay County, RBS, and Jo Byrns.