Classification and enrollment appeals

Indian

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Wouldn’t that mean they questioned the enrollment number they submitted?  I mean going from 2A to 1A would imply that. 

"MASE approved and to stay in 1A"

That's the part that I meant to quote.  Because they changed their enrollment number they dropped from 2A to 1A.  The poster stated that they would stay in 1A which was incorrect based off of the original number that was provided to the TSSAA.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Wouldn’t that mean they questioned the enrollment number they submitted?  I mean going from 2A to 1A would imply that. 

Apparently, they submitted incorrect data to the TSSAA vs what they sent to the state. According to Kreager on Twitter, TSSAA confirmed with the state the correct number.    

This is kind of funny here.

Milan's request to move from District 12-A to District 13-A has been approved. Why is that important? Region. The Memphis region is not good at volleyball. Gibson County actually made it to the state tournament in volleyball. The whole purpose of this move was to get Milan volleyball to the state tournament. If they were to stay at 12-A, the chances wouldn't be impossible, but not necessarily great.

In football, the TSSAA made a mistake by not putting Dresden in Region 6-1A, so Humboldt requested to move over. It's an easier path for to host a playoff game and make to the 2nd/3rd rounds. That has been denied. 

Scotts Hill is like the 7th smallest school in 3A. It's odd to vision Scotts Hill having more students than Milan, and being a 3A school. The TSSAA put 5 teams in Region 6-3A, and have 8 teams in Region 7-3A. Scott's Hill request to move over, that has been denied. Now, Scott's Hill will have to travel to Covington, Ripley, and Dyersburg for region play. 

Midway did the same thing. There are 8 teams in Region 2-1A and Midway wanted to move over to Region 1-1A (would even the regions out at 7). That has been denied.

58 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

This is kind of funny here.

Milan's request to move from District 12-A to District 13-A has been approved. Why is that important? Region. The Memphis region is not good at volleyball. Gibson County actually made it to the state tournament in volleyball. The whole purpose of this move was to get Milan volleyball to the state tournament. If they were to stay at 12-A, the chances wouldn't be impossible, but not necessarily great.

In football, the TSSAA made a mistake by not putting Dresden in Region 6-1A, so Humboldt requested to move over. It's an easier path for to host a playoff game and make to the 2nd/3rd rounds. That has been denied. 

Scotts Hill is like the 7th smallest school in 3A. It's odd to vision Scotts Hill having more students than Milan, and being a 3A school. The TSSAA put 5 teams in Region 6-3A, and have 8 teams in Region 7-3A. Scott's Hill request to move over, that has been denied. Now, Scott's Hill will have to travel to Covington, Ripley, and Dyersburg for region play. 

Midway did the same thing. There are 8 teams in Region 2-1A and Midway wanted to move over to Region 1-1A (would even the regions out at 7). That has been denied.

The appeal wasn't really about travel, it was about moving out of a large region into a small one. With only three elective games (every odd year one home game, then two the next), our gate money will be drastically reduced. Add to that we're moving up in classification, and not one traditional rival game on our schedule to draw a visiting crowd. TSSAA has put us squarely behind the eight ball with this decision in the only way that we can't work around...in the bank account.

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I don't know if it's a good thing the TSSAA has this many appeals. Seems like they kind of made a mistake.  

In football, there are 16 teams combined in Region 7-3A and Region 8-3A. There's a total of 15 teams combined in Regions 4-3A, 5-3A, and 6-3A.

Sort of looks bad for 15 teams to be divided into three regions, and 16 get placed into two out west. We're scattered from the Mississippi to the Tennessee rivers, and from Kentucky to Mississippi state lines almost.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

The appeal wasn't really about travel, it was about moving out of a large region into a small one. With only three elective games (every odd year one home game, then two the next), our gate money will be drastically reduced. Add to that we're moving up in classification, and not one traditional rival game on our schedule to draw a visiting crowd. TSSAA has put us squarely behind the eight ball with this decision in the only way that we can't work around...in the bank account.

I agreed, and that's why I thought it was odd seeing these regions formed when the TSSAA released it. For Scott's Hill, I doubt y'all will get a good gate from Ripley (too far), Bolivar, and Liberty. The question marks will be Covington, Dyersburg, and Westview. The only legitimate gate will be McNairy Central. 

So it's a definite must that the Lions schedule both Riverside and Adamsville on the schedule as well. I hope both Riverside and Adamsville can schedule y'all because they're in a 8 team region as well. I'm sure Riverside/Lexington will be a matchup along with Adamsville/Hardin County.