Has George Quarles Been Exposed??

chs1984

11 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I know that he won like 10,000 games, and lost like 2 in high school. Yet he takes over a league champion in college and goes 3-8. Could it be that he just happened to be the man sitting in the office in high school, and quite a few coaches could’ve won just as many games???

No, this is ridiculous. He will probably get it turned around, but even if he doesn't, can't take away what he did at Maryville. He wasn't just a CEO manager head coach. He was probably the best play caller in the state. 

12 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I need more info, how many seniors/starters did he lose from the previous year, maybe he changed the offense/defense, has hired a new staff, many factors go into it. I am sure he did not come right out the door winning at Maryville (could be wrong)...

GQ lost some really good players off the team before he took over to graduation and the transfer portal. One of the transfers looked pretty good playing for South Carolina on Saturday night. However by no means was the cupboard bare either. It was just one season GQ still has time to get things turned around. 

Edited by Rhea Co.

The scary thing about GQ coming back to Maryville and coaching football would be if someone in the county woke up and finally said we are going to do what we have to do to hire him and not let money be an issue. Replacing the cussing coach with GQ would be a heck of a deal for the county because with the little success they had this year would have been much more successful with GQ.  I will give the cussing coach credit, he did prove that Heritage is not dead and with GQ in charge they could be a monster to deal with because the one thing that would happen with GQ that Osovet can not do and that is get the transfers. 

26 minutes ago, rebeldevil said:

The scary thing about GQ coming back to Maryville and coaching football would be if someone in the county woke up and finally said we are going to do what we have to do to hire him and not let money be an issue. Replacing the cussing coach with GQ would be a heck of a deal for the county because with the little success they had this year would have been much more successful with GQ.  I will give the cussing coach credit, he did prove that Heritage is not dead and with GQ in charge they could be a monster to deal with because the one thing that would happen with GQ that Osovet can not do and that is get the transfers. 

The county would have zero control over GQ coming back. This thread is plum stupid. 

• Like 2

My wife and I are season ticket holders at ETSU. We travel one way 450 miles to watch the games. 1 season???? He hasn’t had a chance to play with his own players yet, He basically does not have his own staff yet. Not only did players graduate but some key players left through the portal. At half time of the first game, I said it is going to be a long year. Most fans watch the ball, I watch the lines and we were not very good up front and we did not get better. I’m sure Coach will try to solve the line issue through Jr. College and the Transfer Portal. Recruited Offensive linemen take about 2 years to develop. Coach needs a minimum of 2 more years. I cannot wait to renew my tickets. GO BUCS!

2 hours ago, rebeldevil said:

Yes it's the worst season Maryville has had in 23 years.... However, you're 10-3 and in the State semi-finals.  For over half the teams across the state, that would be the best season they have ever had.

28 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

Yes it's the worst season Maryville has had in 23 years.... However, you're 10-3 and in the State semi-finals.  For over half the teams across the state, that would be the best season they have ever had.

No kidding, only 4 teams left standing in 6A and Maryville is one of them.

Brings up an interesting question though, I wonder how many fans would rather see a 10-0 season but get waxed in the 1st/2nd round, or a mediocre 4-6 season and still be in the semi-finals?

17 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I know that he won like 10,000 games, and lost like 2 in high school. Yet he takes over a league champion in college and goes 3-8. Could it be that he just happened to be the man sitting in the office in high school, and quite a few coaches could’ve won just as many games???

Somebody has been exposed.

• Like 2