Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

Rankin applied for the job twice but Mullins and the powers that be didn't hire him. Which was a huge mistake.

But there's a whole lot more to this situation than it seems. Cummings did some things bad and the administration did the right thing from what I heard. But he going to be allowed to keep his job as a teacher for the time being anyway.

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Not trying to start a beef but that to me is a cheap shot Barney. "Romeo" is used by a troll from Clinton, our rival. You sure are fired up about this but I do love your appreciation for Oak Ridge football. I like Maryville football because they have a winning tradition. Like I said not trying to start a beef with you.

No problem Willie, just mad about the situation but you would think if there were issues Gaddis should of said something way ahead of time before it came to this. I do know Heritage ask their coach to be more aware of what he was saying to the players instead of taking the measures OR did.

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No problem Willie, just mad about the situation but you would think if there were issues Gaddis should have said something way ahead of time before it came to this. I do know Heritage ask their coach to be more aware of what he was saying to the players instead of taking the measures OR did.

How do you know there had not been warnings?

I understand we are all going through the Five Stages of Losing a Football Coach which include denial, anger, revenge and finally acceptance.

Let's just keep in mind we have to do what is best for the players first. The players are watching how we react, what we say and what we do.

Good thing is kids are stronger than we think. They will in the end take the field next August and make us proud to be members of the Wildcat Family  Universe.

Wildcat Family Universe...W F U.  That is funny. I didn't even try to come up with those initials. I am a bad Wildcat,

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

20 minutes ago, ForTheRidge said:

How do you know there had not been warnings?

I don't know but I do know in coaching land out there OR has a big black eye right now and I bet their not a place many good coaches would touch with a ten foot pole right now until what happen surfaces. Shouldn't have let your defensive coach leave for HVA.

Edited by BarneySox2007

41 minutes ago, Jet Pride said:

How about former Greeneville head coach Caine Ballard

It would be tough to get Ballard away from the Greeneville area.  He owns a huge farm and doing very well in Real Estate. (Always welcome to come and do any football related activities with the team). Oak Ridge wouldn’t like how much he demands from his athletes if they got rid of Cummings for yelling and cussing like most people think.

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Who do you want to be the new coach everybody?

How about the Betsy coach Witten?

Greeneville Coach?

Campbell County brothers?

Anderson County?

Rankin?

Raid a Private school for a coach?

Gary Rankin would be great, but don’t know if he would leave Boyd to come back up to Knox area again. Campbell Co Price bros would be solid, safe hire.

34 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I understand we are all going through the Five Stages of Losing a Football Coach which include denial, anger, revenge and finally acceptance.

Let's just keep in mind we have to do what is best for the players first. The players are watching how we react, what we say and what we do.

Good thing is kids are stronger than we think. They will in the end take the field next August and make us proud to be members of the Wildcat Family  Universe.

Wildcat Family Universe...W F U.  That is funny. I didn't even try to come up with those initials. I am a bad Wildcat,

There is not one single player that cares how you react. 

2 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Who do you want to be the new coach everybody?

How about the Betsy coach Witten?

Greeneville Coach?

Campbell County brothers?

Anderson County?

Rankin?

Raid a Private school for a coach?

We have a coach that is more worried about what I post on the T than he is about his weak offense. He should worry about the fact that his OC can’t teach the forward pass. Ol insurance agent is running that 3 and out offense he ran at Kodak, yet the HC is worried about ol Murph expressing an opinion. You people in the secret city can have him.  Romeo hires an HC with experience and he brings the WB whisperer with him. Then Dolly and Austin can go hire a coach that knows fundamental football. Sounds like a win win to me. 

Edited by MurphyCollege

• CoachT locked this topic