Greenback 2023

orngnblk

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Oh no I think we did.Time will tell don't look for any miracles this year tho.Although I can hope!

What would you consider miracles? With the amount of returners and the new schedule, GB has the potential to go 7-3 to 9-1. Should challenge Rockwood and Coalfield for region Champs. Watching GB last year and talking to others close to the team, if Coach Rayl  can keep the best athletes around and motivated, look for a great turnaround. I know some wanted GR but my personal opinion, Rayl was they beat route to go. But everybody has opinions. I will be interested in seeing Coach Rayls transition from such a large school to a small school and community and how well they stay motivated after a tough week one if they aren't successful. I'll also be curious if Rayls will interest local athletes to transfer to GB as well. 

1 hour ago, RowdyCowboy said:

What would you consider miracles? With the amount of returners and the new schedule, GB has the potential to go 7-3 to 9-1. Should challenge Rockwood and Coalfield for region Champs. Watching GB last year and talking to others close to the team, if Coach Rayl  can keep the best athletes around and motivated, look for a great turnaround. I know some wanted GR but my personal opinion, Rayl was they beat route to go. But everybody has opinions. I will be interested in seeing Coach Rayls transition from such a large school to a small school and community and how well they stay motivated after a tough week one if they aren't successful. I'll also be curious if Rayls will interest local athletes to transfer to GB as well. 

Oh I agree.We have to keep a couple athletes who were considering transferring they will be difference makers.Like I said we are still Greenback and we usually answer the call.So I'm excited to see.

Miracles would be a Semi final birth. LOL!

Yes alot of us wanted Greg.My wife wanted a Lexus 350l but she got a Mazda cx-9!Now she wouldn't trade the cx-9 for a Lexus!So hopefully your right and Coach Rayl is a homerun.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Oh I agree.We have to keep a couple athletes who were considering transferring they will be difference makers.Like I said we are still Greenback and we usually answer the call.So I'm excited to see.

Miracles would be a Semi final birth. LOL!

Yes alot of us wanted Greg.My wife wanted a Lexus 350l but she got a Mazda cx-9!Now she wouldn't trade the cx-9 for a Lexus!So hopefully your right and Coach Rayl is a homerun.

Potential is there but nobody knows how anyone will do as HC until they do it. I expect a quick turnaround. The body of work for him passes the eye test to this point for sure. Hopefully he will be successful and if he is hopefully y’all can keep him. Big school coordinator to small school 1st time HC is often a stepping stone if there’s success. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GFD709SHREK said:

I hope he can meet with the kids and their parents and get them to stay. I wanted Greg also. As you can tell from my previous post. But we got what we got and I wish him the best. I along with the others on here will support him until he starts pulling stupid stuff like the last one did. 

The biggest reason I wanted Greg was of the possibility of a pullback from some of the parents also which would pretty much deplete and destroy Greenback football. I think the new hire is very qualified to do this job but as you mentioned he needs to rally the troops around him and build trust with the parents, players and fans. I hope him sucess and will be pulling for him all the way.

27 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The biggest reason I wanted Greg was of the possibility of a pullback from some of the parents also which would pretty much deplete and destroy Greenback football. I think the new hire is very qualified to do this job but as you mentioned he needs to rally the troops around him and build trust with the parents, players and fans. I hope him sucess and will be pulling for him all the way.

I agree 100%.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Why would you want to deplete and destroy Greenback football?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

28 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The situation with the wrong hire could deplete the program. Not me. When you have a school with 200 kids which means 100 boys you're very lucky to get 15 to 20 to go out for football. The wrong hire could turn that program overnight into a jellico, Sunbright or Oakdale catastrophe at the snap of a finger. I had a friend that went to a Greenback game last year that came back and told me I don't know how they paid the light bill last night. That's why my first choice was Ryan because he could have got the thing turned around but let's hope the new guy can and get behind him.

On 3/10/2023 at 11:07 PM, GFD709SHREK said:

I hope he can meet with the kids and their parents and get them to stay. I wanted Greg also. As you can tell from my previous post. But we got what we got and I wish him the best. I along with the others on here will support him until he starts pulling stupid stuff like the last one did. 

Until? You act like it is going to happen. You can't pretend to be supportive and act like that. It seems almost like your mind is made up that everyone besides GR will ruin the program, so walking around with a mask on pretending to support the new coach isn't enough. The players and community can distinguish the difference. If players and staff start believing he is already a bad hire, it will be hard to get them fully bought in and invested in the program. Hopefully you can find a way to listen and learn about the new coach before you start telling everyone how big of a mistake it was and why it was such a bad hire, otherwise you can end up causing just as much of an issue as the coaches you talk about. Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but if you want the program to reach its potential, you are already acting as a road bump for the new coach.