Oak Ridge football 2023

SweetScience

8 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

How did Oak Ridge look in their scrimmage Friday? 

I thought we looked pretty decent.  If we can continue to block for Dozier it's going to be a fun year.  Everything is new and we started a little slow, but showed some promise.  Receiving core is fairly deep, running backs, not so much.  I thought lines did well on both side of ball.  I don't know how good Fulton really is, but Maryville should be quite a test.  I have a feeling that we will work on tackling this week as it was not good.

3 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

I thought we looked pretty decent.  If we can continue to block for Dozier it's going to be a fun year.  Everything is new and we started a little slow, but showed some promise.  Receiving core is fairly deep, running backs, not so much.  I thought lines did well on both side of ball.  I don't know how good Fulton really is, but Maryville should be quite a test.  I have a feeling that we will work on tackling this week as it was not good.

I expect Dozier and Hayward both to have an amazing year. Both are fun to watch and can score on any given play.  Good luck against everyone except Clinton haha.

I think Rembert and Armes can be good RBs if needed. We're gonna start some young OL and DT, but, I think they're pretty talented kids and we'll have bigger DT and OL than we're used to.

Our soph and jr classes might be excellent, too early to tell yet.

5 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Scrimmages are about as useful as a bucket of ice on the North Pole. You never know which coaches take it seriously, and at best they are going to play it vanilla.

You got that right. That's why I didn't jump in the car and drive to Cookeville this past Friday. This week when Maryville and Oak Ridge play Friday It will be more like a game situation getting closer to the season but you have to remember there are a lot of experiments the coaches want to see they coundn't take the chance in a real game to find out.