2023 1A Mr. Football early predictions.

RedRebelman

19 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Good luck to Mullins.

I think most folks that get to cast their 3 candidates will have D. White & K. Brown on their list.  That only leaves 1 remaining. 

Regardless of the 3 on folks list and the 5 semifinalists,  I wish all the student athletes the best. 

I wouldn’t swap SP’s #7 or #8 for any player in the state. SP spreads the ball around so much the gaudy stats want be there.  I promise you when it gets crunch time these two are going to open some eyes. 

13 hours ago, team69 said:

I wouldn’t swap SP’s #7 or #8 for any player in the state. SP spreads the ball around so much the gaudy stats want be there.  I promise you when it gets crunch time these two are going to open some eyes. 

I love me some #7  &  #8 too T69.  You know that's true.  :thumb:

Edited by Southtowner
Go Pirates!!

On 10/2/2023 at 9:09 PM, mrbigster said:

I don't actually know.Im sure kids on S.Pitt,Moire Co,etc deserve it as well.Just saying.If LC was to have played Perry Co ,Bruceton instead of Central and Dyersburg,he'd probably have 3000 yards now instead of about 2000.But he also had 265 yards against Dresden.Think 165 against Dyersburg in which many think is best defense in West Tenn.Tough matchups against JCS and Union City coming up..They strong anyway and basically Mullins has a bullseye on him.Should do pretty well what he wants against Greenfield.But earn his yards against other 2 teams.But I'm sure others are great nominations as well so just don't think a kid from a  team that's going to finish 5- 5 will win.But those 5 teams are Central,Dyersburg,Dresden,Probably JCS,Union City.So in all honesty.How many teams in Single A would beat those teams?

Mullins is with out a doubt the best RB that Dyersburg has seen. The only one with even close to 100 yards. 

On 10/4/2023 at 3:53 PM, Trojan said:

Mullins is with out a doubt the best RB that Dyersburg has seen. The only one with even close to 100 yards. 

Possibly the most impressive part about Mullins is that for a long period of time rode his bicycle from Ridgely to tiptonville (8 miles one way) to help his family make ends meet. And begged to work every possible hour he could. Kids don’t do that anymore. 

Edited by shockernation

If Ben Franklin don’t win Mr. football they need to quit doing the award. There isn’t 1 other kid in Single A you would pick to start your team with. 

I’ve been going to games a long time, the closet thing to him I remember is Marco Dailey. 

Edited by dawgswin

1 minute ago, dawgswin said:

If Ben Franklin don’t win Mr. football they need to quit doing the award. There isn’t 1 other kid in Single A you would pick to start your team with. 

If you have the best player in 1A and are currently 5-3 someone should be fired. If he’s that good you don’t get shutout by Collinwood. 

Eddie Moore didn’t win it for South Pittsburg back in the 90’s. Raquis Hale didn’t win it in 2010 and he was the best player in 1A. Robert Robinson didn’t win it in 2007 and he too was the best 1A player. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

If you have the best player in 1A and are currently 5-3 someone should be fired. If he’s that good you don’t get shutout by Collinwood. 

Eddie Moore didn’t win it for South Pittsburg back in the 90’s. Raquis Hale didn’t win it in 2010 and he was the best player in 1A. Robert Robinson didn’t win it in 2007 and he too was the best 1A player. 

He has had 1 bad game.

He is averaging 14 yards a carry on the year. 14!!  I don’t think anybody should be fired when they have a kid with 1800 yards on the year. Somebody is doing something right. 

5 hours ago, dawgswin said:

He has had 1 bad game.

He is averaging 14 yards a carry on the year. 14!!  I don’t think anybody should be fired when they have a kid with 1800 yards on the year. Somebody is doing something right. 

Well he's either not carrying it enough or he's not getting those #s against the better teams. I've seen him and he is impressive but he's not the lone ranger. A few years back my son and the QB on our team averaged around 18 ypc all season, got shut down in the 4th round against a Great Marion Co defense. Neither was a Mr Football candidate, its not as much what you do as who you have voting for you.

• Upvote 1