Middleton Vs Hampton 3-18-23

Backyardbbq15

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I didn’t watch this game, but it doesn’t suprise me Hampton won. They were very impressive against Humboldt. Congratulations to Hampton and also Middleton too. It is a blessing to get to play in the Glass House and is a sure enough blessing to win a Gold Ball. Watching the NCAA Tournament is proof that every game is a battle for survival. 

Amen brother 

11 hours ago, pujo said:

Appreciate it, Love sports in general, being a good sport takes a while to learn. We were the best team today and thats what matters, we play that same bunch tomorrow and it might be completely different. Id Middleton would have won, I would have tipped my hat, they played with class and character. Thats the sign of a well coached team, One thing for sure, they had a GREAT year.

Exactly.We got to the sub state for the third time ever this year and we knew you two up there would end it for us Two very good teams and always well coached.Congrats on the Gold!

Edited by orngnblk

31 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Exactly.We got to the sub state for the third time ever this year and we knew you two up there would end it for us Two very good teams and always well coached.Congrats on the Gold!

Our district is always good in basketball.  The girls from our district may get one too eventually 

52 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Looks like East Tennessee won three out of four Gold Balls.Pretty impressive. Suprised East Nashville wasn’t there. 

This year was definitely different. All the gold balls in women’s went to West Tennessee. Where normally you have some of them going to middle Tennessee teams and East Tn. And on the boys side, the west usually dominates so it’s been an odd year for sure. As far East Nasty, they were probably one of the best teams in the entire state without a doubt but Pearl Cohn beat them when it counted. As we all know anything can happen come tournament time. The NCAA tournament is proof of that. Purdue wins that game 9 out of 10 times or maybe even more than that but they are sitting at home watching. That’s what I love about this time of year. You don’t have to beat a team 3-4 times you only have to beat them once. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Our district is always good in basketball.  The girls from our district may get one too eventually 

Very true. Most folks don't think about it, but we've sent 4 of our 5 teams to at least the semi finals over the last 20 seasons. And Cloudland was soooooo close to making it that one year. 

16 hours ago, pujo said:

Buckles got what he was after, other kid was very deserving and  felt bad for him at the end, looked really dejected, make no mistake, we  played to limit him and take our chances with the rest. 

I was reading something that mentioned Cadon Buckles and I thought it read Cadon Buckets....ha. I was very impressed with how smooth he got to the rim. Also, impressed with Hampton's shot selections. One could see they are a very well coached team. I love it when a community gets a gold ball, especially when their fans have shown much class over the years. It doesn't go unnoticed.

36 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

Very true. Most folks don't think about it, but we've sent 4 of our 5 teams to at least the semi finals over the last 20 seasons. And Cloudland was soooooo close to making it that one year. 

Best chance our girls had of winning gold was in 2014 when we had the trio of Clarke, Wilson, and Mull.  We lost to Meigs 68-66 in substate.  They lost to eventual state champ union city by 9 in the semifinals.  We were as good as the best teams that year.