Boo Carter to bradley?

1 hour ago, jhawk23 said:

I think it would also be a shame if the Oakland-Maryville semifinal streak comes to an end this year, though I'm sure plenty would disagree with that. It's going to happen eventually and Bradley might just have the team to do it, but I wouldn't ever count Maryville out. Not saying that you are, just saying in general because I do think some folks are writing Maryville off way too soon. 

Agree, a lot of people writing Maryville off and that's fine.  Maryville performs pretty good being the underdog.  Boo Carter is a fantastic player, will see if adding him will result in winning games.  Still need a QB to get him the ball and a line to block.  Bradley had a lot on the line when they faced Maryville last year and they were gutted by the Rebels.  Let's also see how the team chemistry is when you bring in a superstar.

It's a shame that a kid can play sports for 3 different schools in 9 months.  TSSAA has got to revisit this.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jhawk23 said:

I think it would also be a shame if the Oakland-Maryville semifinal streak comes to an end this year, though I'm sure plenty would disagree with that. It's going to happen eventually and Bradley might just have the team to do it, but I wouldn't ever count Maryville out. Not saying that you are, just saying in general because I do think some folks are writing Maryville off way too soon. 

Definitely not counting out Maryville. 

JB just keeps winning.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2023/jun/06/boo-carter-transfers-to-bradley-central-attends/

"After an impressive junior season at Chattanooga Christian School, Carter transferred to Brainerd in November — where he helped lead the Panthers basketball team to the state semifinals in March. He was allowed to play basketball for the Panthers because he had not played that sport at CCS.

However, because he played football for the Chargers, by TSSAA rule, he could only be eligible to play that sport at a school located at least 20 miles from the CCS campus. Brainerd's campus sits just 8 1/2 miles from CCS, which meant Carter had to transfer in order to be eligible to play football his senior season. Bradley Central is 31 miles from CCS"

16 hours ago, GeneralRebel said:

Agree, a lot of people writing Maryville off and that's fine.  Maryville performs pretty good being the underdog.  Boo Carter is a fantastic player, will see if adding him will result in winning games.  Still need a QB to get him the ball and a line to block.  Bradley had a lot on the line when they faced Maryville last year and they were gutted by the Rebels.  Let's also see how the team chemistry is when you bring in a superstar.

It's a shame that a kid can play sports for 3 different schools in 9 months.  TSSAA has got to revisit this.  

Bradley has Kaleb Martin at QB

On 6/8/2023 at 5:24 AM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Bradley has Kaleb Martin at QB

I hope Kaleb has worked on his passing accuracy and decision making this offseason. If he has improved those two parts of his game he will be great from Bradley. He is already a great runner, with a lot of speed. If he gets into the open field, not many will be able to track him down. I wish him the best of luck. 

On 6/7/2023 at 10:36 PM, JustinBuck said:

JB just keeps winning.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2023/jun/06/boo-carter-transfers-to-bradley-central-attends/

"After an impressive junior season at Chattanooga Christian School, Carter transferred to Brainerd in November — where he helped lead the Panthers basketball team to the state semifinals in March. He was allowed to play basketball for the Panthers because he had not played that sport at CCS.

However, because he played football for the Chargers, by TSSAA rule, he could only be eligible to play that sport at a school located at least 20 miles from the CCS campus. Brainerd's campus sits just 8 1/2 miles from CCS, which meant Carter had to transfer in order to be eligible to play football his senior season. Bradley Central is 31 miles from CCS"

Still needs to be addressed and adjusted. The kid has had/will have an "athletic record" at three different schools in essentially one calendar year, and it's not hard to see that it's for the sole purpose of picking and choosing where he will play what sport. Not what the spirit of TSSAA's rule intended to allow.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 11:39 AM, Rhea Co. said:

I hope Kaleb has worked on his passing accuracy and decision making this offseason. If he has improved those two parts of his game he will be great from Bradley. He is already a great runner, with a lot of speed. If he gets into the open field, not many will be able to track him down. I wish him the best of luck. 

Pemberton and his staff really screwed up letting him walk out the door. Wasted his talent because they wouldn't change from the wing-t

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 3:40 PM, tradertwo said:

Still needs to be addressed and adjusted. The kid has had/will have an "athletic record" at three different schools in essentially one calendar year, and it's not hard to see that it's for the sole purpose of picking and choosing where he will play what sport. Not what the spirit of TSSAA's rule intended to allow.

Said something  similar on a post by one of these Chattanooga new stations on Facebook and they deleted the whole post. Lol

On 6/11/2023 at 2:40 PM, tradertwo said:

It don’t just happens in TN. It happens in all the football rich states. Kids play football at one school and transfer to play basketball at another then back for track. They was talking about this in Texas pre covid 

• Like 1