TN HS transfer portal

Fnltexas

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I said he'd get more attention at Oakland, i doubt his family would make this move unless they got some feed back about the teams he plays against. How many times have seen a player get passed up bc he isn't tall/big enough? Kids fall through the cracks, for whatever reason

I think camps sort of make that impossible nowadays if you’re making a concerted effort to be recruited. You seem like you know a lot about the kid and his family so I wish him well. 

21 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Just trying to play Devils advocate and I don't disagree. All I know about Jones is what I've read

The kid's dad is loaded and is trying to put his kid in the spotlight because he thinks he is in that 1% of 1% that play Power 5. Time will tell I guess, however he also had the ability to attend all those camps and he was still rated a lower tier player. Can't change genetics. 

Dad is willing and able to buy a property in Rutherford Co. to say they live there so he can play at Oakland where in his mind he will be the standout. Just like Playerscoach, I know them.  Playerscoach is just trying to be PC with his answer. Me I don't care.

Good luck to him.

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The kid's dad is loaded and is trying to put his kid in the spotlight because he thinks he is in that 1% of 1% that play Power 5. Time will tell I guess, however he also had the ability to attend all those camps and he was still rated a lower tier player. Can't change genetics. 

Dad is willing and able to buy a property in Rutherford Co. to say they live there so he can play at Oakland where in his mind he will be the standout. Just like Playerscoach, I know them.  Playerscoach is just trying to be PC with his answer. Me I don't care.

Good luck to him.

I’ve known the family forever and consider them friends. The dad was a great player for DCA too and like you said has an amazing practice that he created. I hope the kid has a great year and I hope the same for DCA. I do believe with Sneed getting all the attention from every high major P5 school that there is an opportunity for players to be seen but Oakland is a different animal altogether, that’s not debatable.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:23 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

High school is preparing 1% of these kids for the next level. The rest are, or should be, making lifetime memories with friends. The Dads that are dreaming their kid is in that 1% have screwed all this up.

this would be my view...I'm certainly grateful that this summer I'm not having conversations with my son, that after 5 years in the program...all the sacrifice, hard work, being a good teammate, 6:00 AM workouts, late nights in the weight room (not to mention years of me paying a lot in tuition), that oh, sorry, we've recruited a bunch of new players from all over who are showing up tomorrow and will be taking your position, and your senior year you aren't going to get to play, unless its some mop up duty in a blow out.  To each his own, but I would rather lose every game than win that way.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 8:46 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Just trying to play Devils advocate and I don't disagree. All I know about Jones is what I've read

Since we're bringing in the devil's advocate angle, isn't it also possible that the competition ramps up enough that rather than advance his opportunities, he sort of fades into relative obscurity with much better talent around/against him? JMO, but they're taking a risk in order to "move up" a little, that may result in moving backward a lot. Early 2000's Oklahoma QB Jason White was the #1 rated QB prospect and top 10 overall projected in the draft...thought that one more year would cement him as the #1 overall draft pick, had a not so great season, was not selected on day 1, and never played a snap for money. Grass is always greener on the other side, but sometimes it's because it's growing over the septic tank.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Since we're bringing in the devil's advocate angle, isn't it also possible that the competition ramps up enough that rather than advance his opportunities, he sort of fades into relative obscurity with much better talent around/against him? JMO, but they're taking a risk in order to "move up" a little, that may result in moving backward a lot. Early 2000's Oklahoma QB Jason White was the #1 rated QB prospect and top 10 overall projected in the draft...thought that one more year would cement him as the #1 overall draft pick, had a not so great season, was not selected on day 1, and never played a snap for money. Grass is always greener on the other side, but sometimes it's because it's growing over the septic tank.

True, but the reward probably outweighs the risk. Only offers as far as I'm aware of are UAB and Kansas. There is always the chance they could pull their offers but kudos to him for betting on himself. 

11 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

I’ve known the family forever and consider them friends. The dad was a great player for DCA too and like you said has an amazing practice that he created. I hope the kid has a great year and I hope the same for DCA. I do believe with Sneed getting all the attention from every high major P5 school that there is an opportunity for players to be seen but Oakland is a different animal altogether, that’s not debatable.

The father was a good player not a great player