The History of Players Transferring to "Better" Programs

OutlawAngel

4 hours ago, cbg said:

The TSSAA could have satellite offices if they so desired.  Most every business in the United States is allowing employees to work from home to some extent.  Some people are  working from home 100% of the time while others may be working 50% from home and 50% from the office.  The TSSAA could sell off the TSSAA offices on Lebanon Road in Hermitage, lease or purchase a much smaller office and allow the employees to work from home in East Tennessee, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Jackson and Nashville.  If done correctly this could be a win for both the TSSAA, their employees and the member schools.

How would working from home across the state make the TSSAA a better watchdog of recruiting?

8 hours ago, BDURHAM said:

How would working from home across the state make the TSSAA a better watchdog of recruiting?

When someone lives and works in a community they form relationships and will often times be told and hear things that they would not being several hours away.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Truth is it comes down to manpower. Print media is dying a slow death and TSSAA doesn't create the kind of revenue needed to justify satellite offices. If you provide hard proof of cheating/recruiting, a guarantee you a newspaper will run with it. TSSAA is made up of member schools, so if there is a legitimate complaint, they're in the best position to investigate.

You want to go after someone, go after the local education authorities that allow it to happen. Nobody wants to bc success on the football field is great for the community

Those TV , and internet HS sports guys go out to games and practices all the time. Who said anything about print media. All someone that has access has to do is ask the right questions. But no one will get the ball rolling. Sure there will be a small report/story once T$$AA makes a ruling on eligibility but no one wants to ask a coach or administrator hard questions about who, what or how is this going on.

I find it ironic and funny the Fairygut coach was parading around vehemently against transfers. His lead WR and QB last year were both transfers. I bet had gotten the Jeff County QB and ATH instead of AC he would be singing a different tune. 

Funny how those deep in West Knoxville/Entitlement town act when things don’t go their way. He seems to be a little upset at what is going with the Bullfrogs a little further east of him on the Pike. 

Edited by FootballFan888

2 minutes ago, FootballFan888 said:

I find it ironic and funny the Fairygut coach was parading around vehemently against transfers. His lead WR and QB last year were both transfers. I bet had gotten the Jeff County QB and ATH instead of AC he would be singing a different tune. 

Funny how those deep in West Knoxville/Entitlement town act when things don’t go their way. He seems to be a little upset at what is going with the Bullfrogs a little further east of him on the Pike. 

The difference between Farragut and Bearden is the most important distinction.  And this is the difference between a clean or a dirty program.  Those kids chose to move to Farragut.  No one recruited them away from another school.  They moved into zone and enrolled.  

Bearden on the other hand has had prior contact with almost all of the athletes that have moved into their zone.  They've been recruited. 

The first scenario is not against the rules.  The second one is. 

27 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Those TV , and internet HS sports guys go out to games and practices all the time. Who said anything about print media. All someone that has access has to do is ask the right questions. But no one will get the ball rolling. Sure there will be a small report/story once T$$AA makes a ruling on eligibility but no one wants to ask a coach or administrator hard questions about who, what or how is this going on.

Most of those TV (unless they're local) and internet types make their money from recruiting. If you manage to get on the bad side of alot of coaches and parents, your not gonna be very good at your job.

Most of the time when hard evidence is there it's self reported. How many of these complaints are filed just because a school has a bone to pick with another school? I bet it happens more often than we think. Challenge the school systems to get specific about their guidelines when it comes to transfers if you think something should be done 

55 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

The difference between Farragut and Bearden is the most important distinction.  And this is the difference between a clean or a dirty program.  Those kids chose to move to Farragut.  No one recruited them away from another school.  They moved into zone and enrolled.  

Bearden on the other hand has had prior contact with almost all of the athletes that have moved into their zone.  They've been recruited. 

The video I saw mentioned nothing about recruitment of kids but simply kids transferring. I agree there is a difference but still seems hypocritical especially with that reviewer they got last year. 

Seems like the Fairygut and Bullfrog rivalry will just get more bitter from here on out, especially as long as Warden Jones is in charge of the Bearden State Pen football program.  

Sorry for taking a shot at your alma mater, at least we know who the Fairygut guy is. 

Edited by FootballFan888

23 minutes ago, FootballFan888 said:

The video I saw mentioned nothing about recruitment of kids but simply kids transferring. I agree there is a difference but still seems hypocritical especially with that reviewer they got last year. 

Seems like the Fairygut and Bullfrog rivalry will just get more bitter from here on out, especially as long as Warden Jones is in charge of the Bearden State Pen football program.  

Sorry for taking a shot at your alma mater, at least we know who the Fairygut guy is. 

Courtney is just too classy to say someone rectuits.  And I'm no Farragut guy; but since i've been in knoxville thats one of the most consistent teams I've seen and one of the classiest coaches. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

Courtney is just too classy to say someone rectuits.  And I'm no Farragut guy; but since i've been in knoxville thats one of the most consistent teams I've seen and one of the classiest coaches. 

I do love Courtney. He’s classy, for sure. Dislike the Admirals, of course, but he’s a class act.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:20 PM, SweetScience said:

I do love Courtney. He’s classy, for sure. Dislike the Admirals, of course, but he’s a class act.

Yeah, Eddie is good people.  His school benefitted from transfers, just like every other school in Knox County has, but he's in it for the right reasons.

And the question was asked as to why the "internet reporters" don't ask coaches or administrators about students who transfer in and their eligibility.  The fact is that because of federal privacy laws, neither a coach nor administrator can answer that question unless it comes from an agency who has the authority to investigate improprieties.  And any reporter who reports something told off the record quickly loses access.  

It's not a simple as some of y'all believe it to be.  

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 10:43 AM, ILB1999 said:

Calling Farragut High School clean is a little bit of a stretch, look no farther than the baseball team. They always get transfers from Texas, Florida, and other states. Their football team has benefited off transfers for a while, and they're starting to do the same in basketball. They’re definitely far from a clean program. But yes, they have gotten lucky with some people who just wanna come to Farragut but saying the coaches have had no under the table. Conversations with any of their transfers is kind of silly.

Edited by Elias287