Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

11 hours ago, Devils18 said:

Yes sir the guys you named are a real class act and whats funny with prides post is it don't matter if Alcoa gets us by 100 it's gonna make us a dangerous team come that last week against them and just for the record I think Thursday is gonna be a heck of a ballgame between 2 great programs Go Devils!!!

Playing a tough non-region schedule is one key to being playoff ready. It’s not about the W, even though it’s nice to get one, it’s about being battle tested and ready for anything 4A can throw at you. Once we play DB (the real DB) we should have a better idea of where we each stack up. Then, throw all those ideas out the window! Because when we play, it’s usually a battle!! (I got my cowbells ready!) We bringing the noise!

3 hours ago, JMorton said:

Thanks swipes. When I created my account I used my real name so that if I ever post anything ignorant on here there would be no denying who did it. It kept me accountable for my sons four years. I recommend more people try it. 

As far as running up the score is concerned, a lot of people felt like Betsy’s woes offensively last year stemmed from Rollins being left in games that were blowouts in previous seasons where experience could’ve been gained by his backup. 

That…right there!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 9:14 PM, Throwdeslant said:

Several of us plan on heading your way early. If there is some place you recommend to meet and eat, we would definitely enjoy it. Haven’t heard from BVD. Hope he’s doing okay. :thumb: Batman, GDA, GG, Swipes and anyone I might be missing, hope to see y’all!!

Wish I could be there but my schedule is just not good this year,could have had a chance had it been on friday but still not a 100%  deal. I hope you guys have a great trip up to Greeneville and it's a super football game with both teams leaving healthy.As every time the Devils line up against Alcoa, I expect it to be a very tough game and I hope it's one that will help both programs when the playoffs get here. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JMorton said:

Thanks swipes. When I created my account I used my real name so that if I ever post anything ignorant on here there would be no denying who did it. It kept me accountable for my sons four years. I recommend more people try it. 

As far as running up the score is concerned, a lot of people felt like Betsy’s woes offensively last year stemmed from Rollins being left in games that were blowouts in previous seasons where experience could’ve been gained by his backup. 

I respected that about you but also respected you because I knew you raised a great son.  Deuce played the game the way it should be played. Hard nosed but also respected the other team.

I didn't look at Betsy running up the score, especially with backups in.  I feel like the starters should get a half and then start subbing after the half.  Experience is key and even though i think starters should play a half Greeneville pulled Cannon after the first quarter last week and let Baugh and Quillen (Yes another Quillen is a freshman QB).

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2023 at 2:05 PM, Devils18 said:

Bvd is doing well he is back to making videos for the devils im actually surprised he hasn't jumped on for this game but as far as places to eat I personally recommend Top Choice BBQ, but we also have pals, Aubreys, Monterreys if you like Mexican but tbh with you the burgers at burley stadium are fantastic

Don't forget Jersey Mike's :)

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

I respected that about you but also respected you because I knew you raised a great son.  Deuce played the game the way it should be played. Hard nosed but also respected the other team.

I didn't look at Betsy running up the score, especially with backups in.  I feel like the starters should get a half and then start subbing after the half.  Experience is key and even though i think starters should play a half Greeneville pulled Cannon after the first quarter last week and let Baugh and Quillen (Yes another Quillen is a freshman QB).

The JV quarterback for you guys had a heck of a game on Monday. His last name was Ricker. Led them back to from a 27-7 deficit to take it t overtime. 

11 minutes ago, JMorton said:

The JV quarterback for you guys had a heck of a game on Monday. His last name was Ricker. Led them back to from a 27-7 deficit to take it t overtime. 

I'm pretty sure it was Kaine Ricker (He is a Freshman).  A lot of good QB's coming through the Greeneville program.  You have Baugh who is a Sophomore, Quillen and Ricker are Freshman, and then Coach Spradlen's son Kase is the QB for the Middle School team who is 3-0 to start the season and yet to be scored on. (Beat Liberty Bell, Crockett, and TN Middle).  As you know it usually comes down to them and TA Dugger which is the 28th at Burley