West TN Rural Top 10 Week 8

On 10/2/2023 at 8:57 AM, Croppygenius said:

How do you figure Hardin Co deserves such a high ranking. They haven't beaten a good team and play a cupcake schedule. They may be great but they haven't proved it.

To answer you question fairly they beat a 5-2 South Gibson team and beat a Giles Co team who has been to the 3A semi-finals the last couple of years and will probably be back this year. So yes they have beaten one good team and one really good team. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Your very welcome. And thank you for the kind words!  I really enjoy doing this as it creates conversation about our West TN teams and helps give us all insight about teams we might not normally know about. 

Absolutely! It allows for some good convo!! 

Little trivia for the Huntingdon/ JCM game. In 1966 I was the backup tailback for the most dominate high school football team in that time. Anyways 1966 was the first year that Huntingdon integrated. We gained several black players but one really stood out. Kids name was Alfred Price. About 5'11" 190 lbs and could outrun our all-state QB Tim Priest 10 yds in a 100 yd dash wearing a pair of high tops. Looked like a weight lifter but had never touched one. Didn't have a clue how to line up. Coach Ward put him at middle guard and told him to just run to the ball. Kid could have played big time college football but never had the chance. He was every bit as talented as his son AL Wilson.

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Little trivia for the Huntingdon/ JCM game. In 1966 I was the backup tailback for the most dominate high school football team in that time. Anyways 1966 was the first year that Huntingdon integrated. We gained several black players but one really stood out. Kids name was Alfred Price. About 5'11" 190 lbs and could outrun our all-state QB Tim Priest 10 yds in a 100 yd dash wearing a pair of high tops. Looked like a weight lifter but had never touched one. Didn't have a clue how to line up. Coach Ward put him at middle guard and told him to just run to the ball. Kid could have played big time college football but never had the chance. He was every bit as talented as his son AL Wilson.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDzlfSu2jWU_tFBMPLBsk

^^^Croppy Senior Year^^^

6 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Also lake countys one man band isn't beating west Carroll put down the pipe. 

Pretty bold statement considering WC and LC will not meet in the regular season. I do believe if the young man from LC can hang around 245 on Dresden, close to 145 on Dyersburg,  and around 125 on OBC, I think he is probably more than capable of dropping 300 on WC should they meet in a playoff game. JMO

Edited by ReitzFan

4 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Pretty bold statement considering WC and LC will not meet in the regular season. I do believe if the young man from LC can hang around 245 on Dresden, close to 145 on Dyersburg,  and around 125 on OBC, I think he is probably more than capable of dropping 300 on WC should they meet in a playoff game. JMO

Lmfao hey your imagination is a great place. Stay there would ya? 

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

After seeing WC & LC, 300 definitely doable.

9 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Also lake countys one man band isn't beating west Carroll put down the pipe. 

LC one man band might not beat many schools but I do believe LC has scored 13 tds to WCs 4 in spring and summer scrimmage. I know West Carroll is having a great year but don't forget WC would be fighting it out for 4th place if they had of stayed in the region with LC. 

On 10/2/2023 at 9:05 AM, stangsby3 said:

From what I was told from someone close to #25 is that he was 100% and was going to put up 350 yards on us. I can't be for sure if it was completely true, but was told that specifically.

Make no mistake about it, other than the quarterback read option runs, Huntingdon shut down RHS run game. 100 percent or not no one was getting through for most of the game. No running lanes at all. Mustangs had a good game plan

1 hour ago, stangsby3 said:

Just heard Milan and Huntingdon were put in probation from the fight.  Anybody have any information on this? @BIGPURPLEMACHINE

@Waker @Croppygenius

19 minutes ago, Waker said:

Haven’t heard anything.

https://www.milanmirrorexchange.com/2023/10/03/huntingdon-milan-placed-on-probation-for-game-incident/?fbclid=IwAR3Lrb-Y4H4QA_hZS94DLvsYJnYLzGL7UNjY9KWf-Nvf7uBs2TM8JYtjaYA_aem_AQBDUsDKQe7ladu2hHpooaJXLsapgnuRvkoaNLMEol2X_vRmqREhR0IsAnL1eHKBkYE