Is meigs going to state again?

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

I'd love to see Meigs upset Alcoa honestly, I think Meigs county can beat Giles County as well if they are clicking on all cylinders. Meigs is borderline 3a/2a whereas Giles is pretty close to 4a, where they used to be anyways. If it's in Decatur I think yall stand a chance of beating Giles in a close one, but would probably have to be in low scoring game, if 14-7/10-7 or 7-3

I'd love to see it too, but Meigs isn't going to upset Alcoa. That just isn't going to happen.
It's not a given that either Meigs or Giles will even make it to the 3rd round (?) to play each other.
As you know, if you start looking too far ahead and don't respect your next opponent, that next opponent can hang an L on you. Meigs has a tough assignment this Friday in Benton against non-district opponent, Polk Co.  They always seem to play Meigs a good game.

On 10/7/2023 at 7:00 PM, RichyRich said:

I'd love to see Meigs upset Alcoa honestly, I think Meigs county can beat Giles County as well if they are clicking on all cylinders. Meigs is borderline 3a/2a whereas Giles is pretty close to 4a, where they used to be anyways. If it's in Decatur I think yall stand a chance of beating Giles in a close one, but would probably have to be in low scoring game, if 14-7/10-7 or 7-3

Alcoa just doesn't get "upset" Whoever gets to Alcoa will be run ruled.Wish Meigs could have Stayed down but realistically should have just skipped on to 4A chances were MUCH better.:shock:

38 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Alcoa just doesn't get "upset" Whoever gets to Alcoa will be run ruled.Wish Meigs could have Stayed down but realistically should have just skipped on to 4A chances were MUCH better.:shock:

The story in 3A is pretty much the same every year in the East with Alcoa, and as far as Meigs, we were borderline 3A and I was told we are below the cutoff now.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

The story in 3A is pretty much the same every year in the East with Alcoa, and as far as Meigs, we were borderline 3A and I was told we are below the cutoff now.

I was honestly surprised to see yall move up wish yall stayed 2a as well bc all three local teams would likely be getting district championship this year (mcminn,central,and meigs)

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I need to see the boxscore from this Meigs vs Polk game. I'd love to see the stats. I thought this would be a running clock in 2nd half

This Meigs team seems to be like some decent Oneida teams of the past a "good" team that plays to the competition.Davis is a good coach and I'm sure it was played the way he liked it.If Polk had an offense they would stun some folks.

2 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I need to see the boxscore from this Meigs vs Polk game. I'd love to see the stats. I thought this would be a running clock in 2nd half

Polk came ready to play and Meigs thought they would win easily, you just never know with a bunch of teenagers, just like Meigs had no problem moving the ball on Stone, scoring 33 and a good York team could only score 14, it’s a good thing that the Meigs defense showed up last night or we could have left there with a L

13 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

This Meigs team seems to be like some decent Oneida teams of the past a "good" team that plays to the competition.Davis is a good coach and I'm sure it was played the way he liked it.If Polk had an offense they would stun some folks.

Apparently from what I read, Meigs had the ball inside the 5 twice in the first half and couldn't score and then had a couple of TD's called back. Apparently Polk couldn't do anything at all on offense but Meigs kept them in the game by playing sloppy. I also didn't realize that Polk is Meigs longest rivalry.