Littull Fellurs goin' two Cleavlund

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Believe me they read social media. If the wildest thing happened and Derek Hunt stepped down as coach most of the defensive side coaches would have to know a new hire would come in and send them all packing especially for losing two of their games for that reason alone. I was at Home Depot yesterday and someone came out the door I yelled at that has some influence at Maryville and the very first words out of his mouth when he approached me was he was tired of this s***. The disruption the defense caused really set the tone for the ball game. Just one move and it was so simple. 

Yep, such a simple thing and it made a huge difference. They pressured the quarterback all night and were able to contain him with 4 down lineman, giving two DE’s to drive upfield and keep him in the pocket while having two interior guys man the middle. That’s the defense they have ran for years and been so successful at it. It never made sense to go away from it. 

50 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Yep, such a simple thing and it made a huge difference. They pressured the quarterback all night and were able to contain him with 4 down lineman, giving two DE’s to drive upfield and keep him in the pocket while having two interior guys man the middle. That’s the defense they have ran for years and been so successful at it. It never made sense to go away from it. 

Agreed … glad to see some obviously needed changes made . Taking the shackles off of the team makes this a scary team to deal with come playoff time . Alcoa will be tough… that isn’t the time to get ultra conservative on offense. 

3 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Don't know how the rest of the Maryville season will go.  I  know I am fired up about the future. Will Jones will shatter all the records before he is through.  Maryville also has a lot of kids coming back. Sophomore class is good.  Freshmen are loaded.  They have dominated all year even without Will Jones. 

There is another Freshman QB, who I had ahead of W5 earlier in the season (this carries a lot of weight since I am an official QB guru). He throws a nice long ball and runs the read option real well. Depth and competition are great luxuries to have!

Faefetai, tofa

Mahalo, aloha o’e

1 hour ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Maybe they resented the comments that Gaylor knew more in one of his fingernails about defense then they know in their entire body or the program would take a big slip after he was gone and dismantled it to hide the evidence.

4 hours ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

One good win and Pepvol remembers his password… lol.

The only reason we dominated last night is because Rebel Ron got a decent haircut before the game and the Karma carried him. 

Oh I’ve been around, not been a lot to talk about other than if a 3 man line is good would a 2 man line be even better??!! LoL