For the Gold Ball Mckenzie vs S. Pitt

RedRebelman

4 minutes ago, powerp said:

How many years has Coach Comer been at McKenzie? Hall of famer for sure. Would you Rebel fans say this is his best coaching job after talent lost last year?

In my opinion. No doubt about it. But getting the monkey off there back last year was huge. Any time a championship is won, it’s hard to put anything above that. 

Edited by LethalAttack

48 minutes ago, powerp said:

How many years has Coach Comer been at McKenzie? Hall of famer for sure. Would you Rebel fans say this is his best coaching job after talent lost last year?

https://www.mckenziebanner.com/stories/comer-wins-200th,61982?cb=1701043514

Good article describing his tenure. He has done a lot with a little over the years but it would be hard to argue that this season wasn’t his most impressive. I would say one of the strongest aspects of his coaching is to be able to adapt his offensive styles to the skillset of his players. He has had success with run heavy, pass heavy, and now spread/RPO. Not bad for an ol’ boy from Parsons. 

Edited by PeskyPole

1 hour ago, powerp said:

27 years.  Took over as HC fall of 2000.  

And yes, without a doubt about the job the staff has done with these young Rebels. I said at the beginning of the year that our cupboard was not empty. They just needed some time to get reps.  They got a ton last year and played a lot of minutes with the team we had.  

Edited by VOLnWTN

Just now, VOLnWTN said:

17 minutes ago, PeskyPole said:

Good article describing his tenure. He has done a lot with a little over the years but it would be hard to argue that this season wasn’t his most impressive. I would say one of the strongest aspects of his coaching is to be able to adapt his offensive styles to the skillset of his players. He has had success with run heavy, pass heavy, and now spread/RPO. Not bad for an ol’ boy from Parsons. 

Excellent Job of adaptation of player to offense. 

35 minutes ago, PeskyPole said:

Love Parsons….went to School with a couple good ole boys from there back in the day. Party’s on the river down there were very memorable.

Edited by team69

1 hour ago, powerp said:

Let me ask you a question. This Smith boy is 6’ 290. He’s big enough to play in the SEC. Does he have any offers?

I don’t know who smith id but 6 foot isnt tall enough to be a lineman at 290 most sec lineman are 6’5-6’7 300-330.  I went to the Tn vs Georgia game and it was wild. You could visibly see TN was behind in recruiting. Georgia’s receivers looked like linebackers.