For the Gold Ball Mckenzie vs S. Pitt

RedRebelman

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Go Rebs! Don’t get sucked into the SP mind games. They thrive on the underdog role. West TN pole has SP a 14 point favorite on McKenzie. 

It's not sand bagging this time. I don't know the extent of the injury, and I am sure that if he can stand on one foot then he will do whatever he can to be in the game.  But the guy owns nearly every passing record in school history plus is one of our top rushers. So, his injury is a game changer.

And one of our top defenders went out late as well. If he's hurt, then that will be huge as well. 

I do understand what you are saying about the mind games in the past, but this time it is real.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

1 hour ago, powerp said:

QB is a HUGE game changer. He is our cog. Do we have a chance? Yes. Will it be tough without him? Very, very tough. 0 and 7 out makes it tough sledding. No smoke. That’s truth.

Lot of respect for the kid trying to play last night,he was hurting terribly.Dont understand why the let him go back in,I know kids want to play but he looked to be in alot of pain.Good luck on another trio to the last game.

6 hours ago, LethalAttack said:

If QB doesn’t play this will be a tall task for the pirates. Why on earth McKenzie would be the underdog is crazy to me. They are going for the repeat and they have even there the last 3 years. 

McKenzie would be the underdog cause they lost 9 starters on offense and 9 starters on defense from last year

11 minutes ago, footballover said:

Who are these "transfers" from South Pitt that I'm hearing about and 3 D1 studs?

We’ve been telling people all year there are no D1 studs on this team . Yes, we have a couple new kids, but the scoring and defensive prowess has been led by our returning kids from last year as well as some talented freshmen. 

18 minutes ago, footballover said:

Who are these "transfers" from South Pitt that I'm hearing about and 3 D1 studs?

I can tell you that is not correct.Had the Collins kid come in as a 3 star I think Auburn commit and honestly he didn't bring much to what was already there.Please don't think I'm banging on the kid but when I heard that I started keeping up with them a little more considering my team wouldn't have a snow balls chance of playing them this year.lol.But I was quite disappointed in his play the few games I have watched and he was a non factor against a undersized and average OS team.He is a big boy no doubt but the big Twin last year was a much better player.Just my observation.

5 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

It's not sand bagging this time. I don't know the extent of the injury, and I am sure that if he can stand on one foot then he will do whatever he can to be in the game.  But the guy owns nearly every passing record in school history plus is one of our top rushers. So, his injury is a game changer.

And one of our top defenders went out late as well. If he's hurt, then that will be huge as well. 

I do understand what you are saying about the mind games in the past, but this time it is real.

Sorry to hear about the injuries.