For the Gold Ball Mckenzie vs S. Pitt

RedRebelman

I've been in attendance for every state title season going back to the 90s and they have all been memorable but something felt different this year. It was a very special season and for a lot of reasons. Thank you again to all the players for all the hard work that was put in on and off the field.  A special thanks to Wes and all the coaching staff. Most people will never know the amount of time they put in.   No one can argue with the results and the success Wes has had since being at the helm.  The future looks bright down at the speedway! 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

in all seriousness does anyone think this was a good game? these two teams played some great football, but the finale was underwhelming. .neither team looked good at all.  

Wet conditions conducive for turnovers. QB playing on one leg , One of the best LB’s in 1A if not the best playing on one leg,Tragic death in our Pirate family 7 hours before kickoff,  LB taking over at QB taking over the game. Yeah…It was a heck of a game!

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

in all seriousness does anyone think this was a good game? these two teams played some great football, but the finale was underwhelming. .neither team looked good at all.  

The QB ran what maybe 5 times all night and made McKenzie look rather mediocre when doing so. The QB was hurt dog. McKenzie could have had 10 more possessions and they would have been lucky to score 7 more points. 

Lucky we turned the ball over 1st 3 times in second half because we were driving every possession. I think 2 even happened on the other side of the 50 in McKenzie territory and the other one was in our own territory which led to points. 

Do you read box scores? 

McKenzie’s  QB was just bad off and may have even been hurt but it was kept quiet. Worst game he’s ever played I assure you.  If he was half way on, McKenzie would have won by a couple of TD’s.  In all seriousness, their QB played so bad that they probably could have put in their backup QB and probably won.  They keep a QB factory over there.  I’m just keeping it real! 

1 hour ago, TheCountian said:

McKenzie’s  QB was just bad off and may have even been hurt but it was kept quiet. Worst game he’s ever played I assure you.  If he was half way on, McKenzie would have won by a couple of TD’s.  In all seriousness, their QB played so bad that they probably could have put in their backup QB and probably won.  They keep a QB factory over there.  I’m just keeping it real! 

Young Sir, it’s hard to be good or efficient when you have a defense with as much speed and nasty as the Pirates have draped all on you. No one was beating the defense the Pirates displayed throughout the year. It’s pretty obvious by your comments that you have no real concept of football. Some of the fans for McKenzie stated that the interception by the Pirates #10 was only the second interception he’s thrown all year. Evident that he hasn’t seen the kinda speed the Pirates presented across the board. Smaller spaces/tighter windows. This game would have been a mercy rule if their QB was fully healthy. 

22 hours ago, TheCountian said:

Most definitely not ignorant.  100% facts!  Truth hurts buddy!  Keep on cheating!

So you are just a stupid punk.  Got it. There is a difference in facts, opinions, lies and misinformation.  You wouldn't know the truth if someone shoved a can of Krylon up your gluteous maximus.  You are the only clown that I have ever blocked which I just did. 

People only saw a glimpse  of Wellington kid in 2nd half when they took training wheels off him he then showed glimpses of what they typically do with him until he got hurt again. Kid looked like Johnny football in Gordonsville game. Would have loved to witness Mase vs South Pitt or Moore vs South Pitt with both healthy teams. Those teams had more firepower offensively than McKenzie but neither had the defense to get their team a W when it mattered. McKenzie is building a program out West. Biggest question will be if they can stay down again next cycle. 1A has been good to Comer.

South Pitt had an elite defense this year and it showed in the final. Neither the 1A & 2A games were pretty but both you guys and Riverside were able to hang your hat on your Defense and it won y’all another Championship. Btw #8 was a beast. Kudus to that kid. Heck of a game. Look fwd to watching you guys next season. Don’t sleep on region opponents next year though. Chatt Prep and Sale Creek both are liable to make some noise in playoffs. I am just keeping it real

11 hours ago, TheCountian said:

Heathy SP is 3-4 tds better.

Either way you spin it SP gets gold Mckenzie gets Silver and you win hater of the year with Stone Colds two golden balls on your forehead. GOMD.

Edited by BigCornbread