Craney steps down at Central

HTV

10 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Stevens had not even applied for the job last I was told so that still seems to be a myth to me. I’ve been told there’s a couple interesting candidates in play. But there was an opportunity for a BIG name and that has come and gone sadly, let’s just say the right language wasn’t used in the discussion.

Come on Bobcat. Don't leave us hanging. Just leak some initials or a nick name possibly. Inquiring minds need to know.

14 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Come on Bobcat. Don't leave us hanging. Just leak some initials or a nick name possibly. Inquiring minds need to know.

I think some people don't really understand how the process actually works.  

Just because one hasn't officially applied doesn't mean that there hasn't been contact.  In fact, most high-profile coaches don't officially apply until they have basically been asked to because they are the likely choice.  In this day and tie with the FOI act the media has access to the names of every single person who applies, and most head coaches don't want it known that they are looking at options, just in case things don't work out there.  And I can't say that they are wrong for doing it that way.  

Edited by HTV
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RiverRat95 said:

Also not accurate. Most school districts require anyone that interviews/discusses a job formally to have officially applied. Also many districts do not allow (at least on the record) administrations to contact employee candidates without them being an active applicant in the system. 

"Formally" and "on the record" being key statements.  

Believe what you want, but you are only kidding yourself if you don't understand that off the record discussions take place during the process in many schools statewide.  

• Like 1

First of all, Stanton Stevens will only come back to a local school that has an Assistant Principal/AD position available.  Central just hired a new AD this year, I don't see Stevens going to Central because of that reason.  Plus AE is currently open as well so if anything Stevens would return to the school he won his championship at in my opinion.  Stevens and Graham at AE again would win that community back in a heart beat.    Central needs to go ahead and hire Lane or Headrick bring Helton's boys back to coach.  

• Sad 1

On 12/28/2023 at 12:47 PM, RiverRat95 said:

Also not accurate. Most school districts require anyone that interviews/discusses a job formally to have officially applied. Also many districts do not allow (at least on the record) administrations to contact employee candidates without them being an active applicant in the system. 

HTV is correct

• Sad 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:36 AM, HTV said:

I think some people don't really understand how the process actually works.  

Just because one hasn't officially applied doesn't mean that there hasn't been contact.  In fact, most high-profile coaches don't officially apply until they have basically been asked to because they are the likely choice.  In this day and tie with the FOI act the media has access to the names of every single person who applies, and most head coaches don't want it known that they are looking at options, just in case things don't work out there.  And I can't say that they are wrong for doing it that way.  

I have contacted several back in the day. Phone call or lunch. I told them to fill out an application. Oh by chance I have one with me. Twice I said they will be be openly competing for a job. No assurances other than they were great candidates. The third time I told Bill it was a done deal. He would go through the interview process and we would interview a couple of other candidates for the future. Swipes you know Coach B. He made me look smart.

Edited by noonesfool

On 12/28/2023 at 12:47 PM, RiverRat95 said:

Sorry but the first thing a AD or Principle will do is call likely canidates they'd like to have for a head coaches job as soon as they know there's gonna be a opening. Then they can apply if interested just ask Gary Rankin, I'm sure he gets calls all the time.

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

I have contacted several back in the day. Phone call or lunch. I told them to fill out an application. Oh by chance I have one with me. Twice I said they will be be openly competing for a job. No assurances other than they were great candidates. The third time I told Bill it was a done deal. He would go through the interview process and we would interview a couple of other candidates for the future. Swipes you know Coach B. He made me look smart.

I think your talking about Coach B and Basketball that took 3 Greeneville teams to the State Tournament in his 10 year run at GHS?

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

I think your talking about Coach B and Basketball that took 3 Greeneville teams to the State Tournament in his 10 year run at GHS?

No, part of the three man team that hired Coach D in Basketball, very by the books. Think Wrestling and FB. I was a one man committee.

8 hours ago, noonesfool said:

No, part of the three man team that hired Coach D in Basketball, very by the books. Think Wrestling and FB. I was a one man committee.

I picked the wrong Bill lol.  Yes, loved coach Brimer to death and enjoyed him as my freshman football coach.  He knew a lot more than just the game and loved all his athletes

• Thanks 1