Milan looking for a new Coach

7 minutes ago, Waker said:

It is. Mostly just picking @BIGPURPLEMACHINE I don’t see yall jumping that Huntingdon hurdle for many years to come. There are a bunch of young studs roaming the halls in Mustang country.

Correct. Milan’s got the studs to do it but gotta bring in a coach who will toughen up the program. Lots of potential in bulldog country.

Edited by MilanFan

1 hour ago, MilanFan said:

Correct. Milan’s got the studs to do it but gotta bring in a coach who will toughen up the program. Lots of potential in bulldog country.

The talent pool in Milan is as shallow as it’s been in 30 years. Anyone who has followed there middle school program the past 4 years knows this. They are in trouble and Carr knew it. Thats why he is gone. The cubbard is bare and they would have try to pin it on him next  year. So he just beat them to the punch. 

• Like 1

Regarding this hire by Lexington.  Carr did not seek out Lexington. The Tigers went Carr shopping. An offer, with a substantial pay increase was made. Carr gave Milan the opportunity to meet, beat, or just get reasonably close the the Tiger Town offer. The management at The Purple Puppy Palace declined the opportunity. 

I've been told that the inside politics at Milan can be difficult to deal with. Funny thing is, I've heard the same thing about politics in Tiger Town as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kruger77 said:

Milan’s first call should be to Avery Williamson 

Mr. Williamson, 

We know that you are enjoying your retirement and free time after a long and grueling NFL career. We know that you are pursuing various business ventures in West TN. We also know that you are already working as a position coach at a school that is 15 minutes from us, but strangely not at your alma mater (but no hard feelings, right?) 

How would you like to give all that up and come work for perhaps the most unrealistic and disgruntled fanbases west of the TN river? We are sure that that the high level of stress and pressure this opportunity will bring will pale in comparison to the pride and joy you will bring to our Milan community (until you lose too many games). We are looking forward to celebrating your return (and then calling for your firing after you drop the week 9 game to Peabody.)

Warm Regards, 

Milan Booster Club

On 3/1/2024 at 7:39 PM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Derek Carr leaves Milan for Lexington. Bulldogs in the market for a new HC

Major news!

On 3/2/2024 at 2:14 PM, MilanFan said:

Already have one on staff! If Milan plays their cards right on this deal, they will be moved out of R6 or have R6 split in a way that those other hard nosed teams will be moved out and replaced with easier teams. Then, play some of those West Tennessee single A teams to fill the OOR schedule and wala, back to region champs and back to high/low W/L records.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:13 PM, mrbigster said:

Yes something is missing here The great Milan Bulldogs losing a coach to Lexington 

I’m a Middle TN guy and was just puzzled when I seen this post. No knock on Lexington because I actually enjoy the fans but that’s two totally different atmospheres in my mind.

On 3/2/2024 at 5:07 PM, Primetime1 said:

The talent pool in Milan is as shallow as it’s been in 30 years. Anyone who has followed there middle school program the past 4 years knows this. They are in trouble and Carr knew it. Thats why he is gone. The cubbard is bare and they would have try to pin it on him next  year. So he just beat them to the punch. 

I agree, our middle school team takes the struggle bus to games. He saw the writing on the wall and I don't blame him for getting a pay raise and hopefully more talent. If our folks would have paid, he probably would have stayed. Jut my opinion.

• Like 1

Big time hire for Lexington! Kevin Ward's name is always mentioned every time this job is open, but he always stays put. I'm sure plenty of coaches are beating down the door to get a shot at this job, but isn't Bobby Sharp still on staff over there? I would think with his resume he'd be the guy.