WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warrior you are just saying that is what the score will be because you are still mad that you lost. Just get overr it. The State game is not going to be 21-0. I feel that Boyd will be able to win this one. But it is going to be a well played game. I will not however make a points prediction. Besides Boyd does not have to run the ball, we can pass, and get TD's other ways.

Hunter23. You said Boyd has not played near the competition that DCA has. I disagree. Boyd does not schedule 1A teams for nonregion games anymore. Why? No one will play them. Seriously. Look at their nonregion schedule. This year they played a Baylor team before Baylor had all the injuries (DII school), Goodpasture (2A), East Ridge (2A), Howard (2A), and Walker Valley(3A). They had a 10th game scheduled, but the other team backed out. I agree Region 5 is tough, but I also think Boyd's region is tough as well. South Pittsburg was better this year than last year in my opinion. Not trying to start an argument. Just disagreeing with you and hoping to shed some light on Boyd's "Strength of Schedule". It doesn't matter now. Both teams are equal because they both got here.

I don't know if anyone has corrected this yet...

East Ridge is 4A and Howard is 3A.

Also; Howard, East Ridge, Goodpasture and Walker Valley all made it to the play-offs in their respective divisions.

Most athletes in 1A football have to play both ways. I know Chris Wooden played linebacker in addition to running back. Is DCA losing another defensive starter if Matt Meacham can't play because of his ankle? That could be a huge factor if DCA doesn't have seasoned or capable replacements to Wooden and Meacham on defense.

First off congrats to both DCA and Boyd-Buchanan, two great teams that represent what high-school football is all about.

If I have to listen to one more comment about Boyd and their lack of class I will be tempted to use language that my parents dont alow, j/k. But for real give me a break!!! What is unclassy about getting excited about a great play, in any ball game. I suppose it is wrong for coaches, players, fans, cheerleaders, band mem., etc. to get excited when their respective team does well. Chakra20 think about when Ezell won the state, you werent cheering or shouting were you? william might have taken it a bit far but to say that boyd has no class is very wrong. Coach Akins and his team are one of the most classy bunch of guys in the sport today.

To those who say that Boyd is a bad representation of christians you may be right. have you ever heard of a christian school having kids go there that arent christians. just because you go to a christian school like boyd doesnt mena that you grew up in a church or have the best diciplined background. I know a number of kids at boyd that dont regularly go to church and some may not even care about christianity.

I hope boyd finishes what they started last year. good luck to all the coaches and players. boyd by a weston perry feild goal. Go Bucs!

CPA fan here - but I have a lot of respect for both Boyd and DCA. They are both great programs and teams. I believe Boyd will win unless they self destruct. Why?

1. Came so close last year and learned from that experience. DCA has been to state before but not with these players.

2. 1A teams don't have the depth to lose 2 players like Wooden and Meecham and not drop off in performance. Losing 2 RB's is one thing. Losing 2 LB's is another.

3. Boyd has better kicking game. DCA's punter was Wooden and their kicker is erratic and they have kicks blocked in big games.

4. DCA only has 3 seniors w/o Meecham. Great juniors, but the desperation of "the last chance" for seniors makes them play harder in last game.

It should be a great game. I will be there.