DB @ OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

OR, and DB will play again, I know it, I see it comming. all I ahve to say is, DB and OR are almost Identical, it was just a grewat game, and what about the crowd, one of the loudest crowds at an away game ever, student section was the heart of it all, and I was right there with it all, I cant wait to play them again, I know its comming...I just can't wait, much love to OR, and of course The Indians...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday was one heck of a game. Both teams gave it their all. DB is probably the best team we'll play all regular season and I can't wait to play them in the quarter-finals at the "Ship" again. I have to give it to Duran. He is one heck of a guy to get down. There were a couple of times I thought we would get a sack but he'd throw it right when he was going down...and then it would be caught by someone. He trully is a great quarterback. Good luck to yall in the rest of your regular season and we'll being seeing yall again.

Hopefully, TSSAA will grant BigReno one more year of eligibility for the rest of this year. Imagine a team's defensive backfield h aving to prepare for lamon, darrell, AND BigReno in the same game. What a WR squad. Cause we all know that Reno can go up for the jumpball like none other and he always comes out on top.

In the four years that I have been at every OR game, home and away, I can say that the DB fans were the most energetic that I have ever seen anywhere. Whenever the team needed an extra element, the crowd was always on their feet making as much noise as possible. I only wish our crowd was that enthuiastic. Also, I'm in the band, and as we were leaving the field before the game started, the DB band playing the FSU song I thought put the entire atmosphere of the game on a knife edge. It was awesome. Also, every DB fan I talked to showed nothing but class, so nothing but respect to them for keeping the game a game.

In the future, I hope that the OR O-Line can keep the pressure off of McMahon a little bit better, cause the constant pressure made our passing game more frantic as the game went along. Also, we can't give Ferguson the time that he had on Friday night. If he didn't see someone open downfield, which he usually did, he could just tuck it and run.

Before we fumbled inside our 20 after the punt, this game was really close. The first half was about as exciting a game as I've seen in a while, and I can't wait for us to meet again. DB's got some awesome athletes, and their defense is a beast. Even though we lost, there was no shame in losing to a great team like DB, and hopefully this game will set a grand stage for Round 3 of the playoffs.

Intermission

Amen to ORfever's comment about little boys in OR wanting to grow up to be like Spencer Gulmire. My 5 and 8 year old boys (football players) think he is the greatest. Spencer (and McMahon and Mitchell) took the time to take pictures and talk football with my boys on picture day. They would choose Spencer over Peyton Manning any day.

I just wish the Gulmire family would write a book on how to raise great kids that just happen to be athletes.

Well after a big weekend, I'm a little late on comments about the big game. Most everything that could be said has been said. One thing to point out about the game, I thought that the experience of DB really stood out as the game went on. They really abused our young secondary. I was really impressed with the crowd from DB, biggest visiting crowd in years from what I was told. I thought our guys played a gutsy game, especially when everyone started cramping. When we lost both our starting corners, the game was over.

After all is said and done, DB is a very solid team with the best QB and receiver in the state. They will have no real competition in their Region and should go undefeated in the regular season. See ya in the quarterfinals!

Oak Ridge now needs to buckle down and get to work. We have a lot of improving to do just to win our region which is much stronger this year. Now we move on to face Heritage.

BTW, don't anybody even talk about beating Riverdale right now. Both teams are not even close to staying on the field with them.

Intermission,

I'm sorry, but what game were you attending? OR's crowd WAS into the game! What's with the band taking the entire 3rd quarter off? In the future, it would be nice to have the band's participation at this stage in the game. And, yes, DB's band is awesome! They demand your attention when they break into the FSU song. Tell me, has the OR band thought about trying out Rocky Top? You never know, it might be a hit.

Edited by ORfever

It was a great night of high school football...I'm sure from an Oak Ridge perspective, it was a good night of high school football...Both teams played extremely hard - they played with heart, determination, and class...the fans showed up and supported their teams, the bands played and the cheerleaders cheered...we may win a few more this year and so should the Wildcats, but I don't know that any of them will have the atmosphere of Friday night..it's a cliche, but that was what high school football is supposed to be about...but, you know a D-B vs Oak Ridge is always like that - with last year's games as a solid example of great high school football...Thank you Oak Ridge for the hospitality, with the tailgate and Big Ed's...we do look forward to a return visit, that means we both did what we should do the rest of the regular season...Continued good luck and good health to the Wildcats.

What a night

Roll Tribe Roll

It was a great night of high school football...I'm sure from an Oak Ridge perspective, it was a good night of high school football...Both teams played extremely hard - they played with heart, determination, and class...the fans showed up and supported their teams, the bands played and the cheerleaders cheered...we may win a few more this year and so should the Wildcats, but I don't know that any of them will have the atmosphere of Friday night..it's a cliche, but that was what high school football is supposed to be about...but, you know a D-B vs Oak Ridge is always like that - with last year's games as a solid example of great high school football...Thank you Oak Ridge for the hospitality, with the tailgate and Big Ed's...we do look forward to a return visit, that means we both did what we should do the rest of the regular season...Continued good luck and good health to the Wildcats.

What a night

Roll Tribe Roll

825339051[/snapback]

now that's a class post!! Nice :huh: