Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

Man, I was about to get really steamed about this thread. I had gone well over 100 posts and had not seen any mention of the Golden Tornadoes from Union City.

Then, I saw a post from my buddy backinthaoc, talking about UC moving down to 1A "next year" .... so ....

I looked at the date on that post .... 2005.

so .....

I went back to the beginning of the thread for the date .... 2004.

oh well, now I know. :(

So, speaking of UC, I've seen them a couple of times, and I've read a lot about them. VERY good team this year. Balanced. Make up for lack of size with amazing quickness and stamina. Can literally run you right out of the gym. Could have very easily beated Brentwood Academy in that Battle For The State thing at Lipscomb and then just flat-out ruined much bigger (team size and school enrollment) White House.

Repeat?

Very possible.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody is betting on any team outside of West Tennessee winning 1A,then you are wasting your money....

Union City,Humboldt or Lake County will win the state championship and probably two of those three will play each other for the title...Copy and paste this post,remember it..Come back and check it after the game is played... :(

I agree with you OC 100%..Union City is no doubt the best team in single a this year along with last year..And next year!! haha..But anyway the best team dosent always win..especially when you have 2 yeams like Humboldt and Lake Co. in the same district..I saw Union City play both of those teams and i have to say that Lake Co. gave U.C. all they wanted..And me as a Union City fan will have to admit that...Springer just didn't seem to be in sink with the game because he was being lazy on defense..Thats why he fouled out of the ball game..And the Geanes kid just like to talk to much rather just shut up and play ball..I think the next meeting between the two will be the same result even though i think Lake Co. will be ball minded,,but they just want be ready for U.C. because of the talent they have been facing and will be facing at Popular Bluff..The key to winning championships is you got to prepare...prepare..and prepare!!!...So my pick..Union City will bring home the gold..Back..to back...to back..!!!..Thats just my prediction because of the hard work and great coaching.

Union City will go to Murfreesboro and bring home Gold Ball #5......

Reasons Why??...

1.Coaching...UC has four state championships..All those championships were won by the guys on the bench...Shane Sisco won his first in his first attempt..Marty,who assists Shane(actually the statastician)Micheal Hart is the assistant,has three of those Gold Balls....

2.Style of Play.....Run and Gun..In your Face...32 Minutes of Heck...Nobody in 1A runs it the way UC does..It's controlled chaos..You might hang for a couple of quarters..But you better have a deep,TALENTED bench..If not you will be blown out of the gym...

3.Stamina...Union City just got finished playing in The Battle for the State Tournament in Nashville...They played their style of ball for 12 quarters straight on three consecutive days...They were not tired at all and after fighting four time Div.II state champion Brentwood Acd. down to the wire in a 2 pt loss,they responded the next day with a 102 point effort against a White House team that is expected to make noise in Murfreesboro....

4.Attitude....These guys are winners..They have a winning coaching staff...They EXPECT to win EVERY game they play..Nobody thought they would stay in the game with BA...76-74 is hanging pretty good i'd say....Nobody in 1A could beat BA but UC almost did it.....

Reasons why they might not.....

1.You never know what will happen in the injury department...Union City is thin numbers..Numbers,not depth...They cannot withstand too many injuries at once..

2.You never know what will happen in the tournaments...If Union City gets to the region championship game,mark it down,they will win the state championship,win or lose the region championship game....People statewide will hear more about Lake County and Humboldt...Those two are very talented and are the ONLY 1A teams that could beat the Tornadoes on any given night...AND keep them out of the state tournament....Lake County was 31-5 last year and didn't make the tourney...It's not too far a stretch to say UC could have that type of record this year and not make the tournament..All three of the Big Three in District 14A will will 25+ games this year....

that still doesnt mean that they were any good. Union city might play veshon st. louis which is the number 33 team in america.

They dont have any idea what you are talking about 007....If those teams had to come over here and face the teams UC,LC and Humboldt face night in and night out they wouldn't know what to do....And they wouldnt be 11-0

They dont have any idea what you are talking about 007....If those teams had to come over here and face the teams UC,LC and Humboldt face night in and night out they wouldn't know what to do....And they wouldnt be 11-0

West TN has won 3 1A state basketball championships in the last 10 years and we have no idea in the rest of the state what we're talking about??

WEST

Union City (2006)

Middleton (2005)

S. Fulton (2000)

EAST

Unaka (2004)

Temple (2003)

Temple (2002)

Chattanooga Christian (2001)

MIDDLE

Moore Co. (1999)

Ezell-Harding (1998)

Perry Co. (1997)

WOW!! DOES THAT MEAN IF TSD PLAYS THE CHICAGO BULLS TSD WILL BE A PREMEIRE PROGRAMS IN TENNESSEE??

Who is tsd? And the bulls wouldnt let there development team play that team. You get invited to big tournments that have some of the best high school talent if your that good. Veshon is that good. and union city is that good.

West TN has won 3 1A state basketball championships in the last 10 years and we have no idea in the rest of the state what we're talking about??

WEST

Union City (2006)

Middleton (2005)

S. Fulton (2000)

EAST

Unaka (2004)

Temple (2003)

Temple (2002)

Chattanooga Christian (2001)

MIDDLE

Moore Co. (1999)

Ezell-Harding (1998)

Perry Co. (1997)

You think you have actually made a ground-breaking,earth-shattering post.... :D

Oh and don't forget now to put Union City's 1997 AA state championship in there....

In 1A you have to count 2005 as pre-Union City era.... :thumb: