Lake County @ Cornersville

cornerback10

No disrespect to Lake, I picked yall to win your region, and not really surprised you are in this position.  But, I'll be pulling for these Cornersville boys.  We got a good look at them last year.  First time I had seen them play and really didn't know anything at all about em.  Still don't know a whole lot but will say they were a very disciplined and hard hitting team that kept everything in between the whistle.  We just over matched them that game but was highly impressed by the way they went about their business.  No jawing,  no show-boaters, just down to earth really good kids that you could tell love to play football and will give as much as they take.  They just laid it on the line and gave it their all.  In the end they left it all on the field and left with their heads held high and just a classy bunch of good folks.  My kinda team.  Yall are having a tremendous season, one for yalls history book.  Keep up with what you're doing because yall are definitely on the right track.    Good luck from me. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MikeHoncho said:

The last time I checked pass plays were part of the game and they count just like every other play.  Everyone keeps saying Huntingdon was the better team and that may be true but they weren't the better team when it counted.  Huntingdon kept running the same power run plays over and over again trying to break Cornersville like they had broken everyone all year long and what they found out was that Cornersville  would not lay down like everyone else had .

Huntingdon won the stat game but that doesn't always tell the story. Huntingdon didn't make the plays when they had to and a lot was due to Cornersvilles rugged defense. The games I saw Lake Co play were sloppy Lake Co should have won both games. You can't play like that against a team like Cornersville and expect to win. Just my opinion time will tell.

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

No disrespect to Lake, I picked yall to win your region, and not really surprised you are in this position.  But, I'll be pulling for these Cornersville boys.  We got a good look at them last year.  First time I had seen them play and really didn't know anything at all about em.  Still don't know a whole lot but will say they were a very disciplined and hard hitting team that kept everything in between the whistle.  We just over matched them that game but was highly impressed by the way they went about their business.  No jawing,  no show-boaters, just down to earth really good kids that you could tell love to play football and will give as much as they take.  They just laid it on the line and gave it their all.  In the end they left it all on the field and left with their heads held high and just a classy bunch of good folks.  My kinda team.  Yall are having a tremendous season, one for yalls history book.  Keep up with what you're doing because yall are definitely on the right track.    Good luck from me. 

Thanks ST. This bunch was really young last year and took it on the chin but learned what level they needed to push themselves to. They have kept their nose to the grindstone and worked their tails off to get back here. We just take it one play at a time. Stay with what got us here. 

4 hours ago, MikeHoncho said:

The last time I checked pass plays were part of the game and they count just like every other play.  Everyone keeps saying Huntingdon was the better team and that may be true but they weren't the better team when it counted.  Huntingdon kept running the same power run plays over and over again trying to break Cornersville like they had broken everyone all year long and what they found out was that Cornersville  would not lay down like everyone else had .

I agree.Cant keep running the same play unless its working.