Here We Go! Trousdale Co Vs. Temple, Round 1

rockytoptn1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Moc3baller about intelligent posts about the game.

Does anyone have any knowledge about what makes Trousdale such a good team. Stats? Players? What kind of offense do they run? How's their defense? What makes them a better team than Temple? Do they have what it takes to stop the Smithson to Skogen connection? Can they stop the running tandem of Josh Smith and Joey Skogen?

I guess what I'm asking is what does Trousdale Co. have over Temple that will make this game a blowout in favor for the Yellow Jackets?

I think we're getting away from the topic in some of the posts.

What is it that TC has that makes them so great?

What kind of an offense do they run?

Do they pass the ball alot or run it?

What kind of a defense do they have?

What kind of size do they have and are they quick?

Tell us what you know about this great team that likes to run up the score?

What makes many of you think that TC will beat Temple so bad?

Do you know anything about Temple to say that they will get trampled at TC?

These are just some of the questions I have to be answered before I make any predictions for this game. Thanks ahead of time for any info. you may give.

In other words, let's hear more about these two football teams -- not all this other junk.

Answers as best I can give them about Trousdale:

Trousdale does nothing fantastically, but everything (and I mean everything) incredibly well. Offense, defense, AND special teams. They run a great deal out of the shotgun and have a nice balance between the run and the pass. They NEVER huddle on offense. Their quarterback is exceptional running or throwing and is a tough cookie. I believe he had several 200-yard passing games during the season, with one 300-yard game.

They are not as quick as some of their teams have been in the past, but they make up for it by always being in position and playing smart. I've seen them twice this season, and they remind me of a sledgehammer. They pound and pound on both sides of the ball until something gives away. I don't mean to say they don't have some finesse, because they do. It's like this: you think you've played well, but you look on the scoreboard and you're down 21 (or 51).

In addition to running the table in their region schedule, they've beaten two 3A playoff team and one 2A region champ. They beat the 2A region winner by about five scores, I believe. They won one game against a 3A team despite being outgained on offense 2-1. How? Special teams. They had to find a way to win only one game this year (that one) and they did it. No other game was closer than 25 points and that was against the other 3A team.

I've seen Temple twice the previous two seasons, but not this year, so I don't feel qualified to speak there. I know they had a fine passing game coming back this season, and from what I understand that has continued. Smithson and Skogen are a formidable combo.

I think we're getting away from the topic in some of the posts.

What is it that TC has that makes them so great?

What kind of an offense do they run?

Do they pass the ball alot or run it?

What kind of a defense do they have?

What kind of size do they have and are they quick?

Tell us what you know about this great team that likes to run up the score?

What makes many of you think that TC will beat Temple so bad?

Do you know anything about Temple to say that they will get trampled at TC?

These are just some of the questions I have to be answered before I make any predictions for this game. Thanks ahead of time for any info. you may give.

In other words, let's hear more about these two football teams -- not all this other junk.

I will tell you why Trousdale is gonna beat Temple.

Q: What is it that TC has that makes them so great?

A: Clint Satterfield. One of the best coaches in the state. Since 1993 they have an overall record of 146-23 with a winning percentage of .863 2nd only to Riverdale in the entire state over that span. Only once since 1988 has TC not made it to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Q: What kind of offense do they run?

A: Usually whatever they want to run. I have seen them blow away teams by rushing for over 300 yards and I have seen them come out and put up 40 points out of the shotgun.

Q: What kind of defense do they have?

A: Well they have allowed only 48 points all season so thats what 4.8 points a game. Friendship Christian averaged 33 points a game and they were held to just 9 points.I would say they have a good defense.

Q: What kind of size do they have and are they quick?

A: They have size and they are quick. They have a handful of lineman that weigh 280+ and speed at all the skill positions. Senior QB is a candidate for Mr. Football and he can run the ball and is very good throwing the ball. They have a RB in Cal Welch (5-10 180) who has speed. A RB in Sammy Dunn 5'8 210 that can pound you. A RB in Nelson Harper who at 5-10 190 has speed and power as I have seen runs with him carrying multiple guys over the goaline this year. At WR they have Marco Wright and Blake Satterfield who are both burners and Wright is a serious threat as a return man.

Q: Do you know anything about Temple to say that they are gonna get trampled at TC?

A: I know they lost to Sequatchie 48-8. I have seen Sequatchie play and some of the teams they have lost to Trousdale County would beat by 40 points. Westmoreland beat Sequatchie 8-0 and Westmoreland got beat by two teams that Trousdale County beat by a combined 62 points.

This game should be over by halftime!

Halftime? This game will be over inthe 1st Qtr. Trousdale by all they want. Temple will move the ball some on Trousdale, they are too good offensively not to but I don't think Temple will be able to stop Trousdale at all.

Temple is young though and it is their first time in the playoffs in their first year of being able to go. They can take something good from this at least.