Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

Oak Ridge athletic director tried to get a series with maryville.

Maryville said no because that would mean dropping Heritage or William Blount.

You knew that was coming. It doesn't matter who the teams are, everytime a topic like this comes up, some always says they know that so and so asked so and so and they declined.

Yep.....that game was the game of the year last year...unitl it was played and Maryville stomped a powerful D 1 player laden Alcoa. I believe that was the same Alcoa team that beat 5 A Oak Ridge by one score in a scrimmage..... :P

My guess is Oak Ridge will go to 4A the same year Maryville moves to 5A. People are exiting that dump as quickly as possible. Not a big deal for Maryville since virtually every year they line up across from the WIldcats the stomp them into a mud hole and then walk it dry.

Maybe.....just maybe if Oak Ridge does drop down to 4A and avoids Maryville they can back their way into a state championship, otherwise their run is over and done with a Maryville on their schedule.

Maybe Clinton will keep on playing Oak Ridge so they can run the score up on somebody and make them feel good...... ;)

Botttom line is Oak Ridge has lost their tallent pool and they are not going to win anything in 5 A with a 3 A coach and a 3 A offense. Watch how this year turns out.

Sorry Ole dad but the truth is just that. 2009 will be here before you know it so you better put the pressure on Stanton. :P

the games that Maryville play against OR are SCRIMMAGES. thoses arent actuall games..its chances for the coaches to see what schemes and personnel works

Really? Nice inside info/ fabrication there, nickki. That request by the Oak Ridge AD appears to be some sort of trump card for the OR boys.

But why would OR ask for a series with Maryville? Who did OR loose on their own schedule for this to happen? Do you really believe they would drop DB? And why did Maryville say something about WM Blount or Heritage when they could have dropped MoWest for OR?

Not fabrication.

We were going to drop Clinton in order to play Maryville.

"we" ? I stand corrected. I didn't know you were part of the school's admin. From your past posts I thought you were just some boob supporting Oak Ridge football.

Has it come to this? I, just like every Oak Ridge fan has respect for the Maryville program and what they have accomplished. However, some of the posts on this thread (from both sides) only show that some people really need more fiber in their diet or less caffeine. All that is being accomplished here is not a reflection of both of our fine programs. This thread needs to be put on hold until the fall of 2009 and then I’m sure it will be great for the build up of “The Game” that we all would like to see. But for now, let’s focus on this fall and what has to be done to prepare for it. :P

Has it come to this? I, just like every Oak Ridge fan has respect for the Maryville program and what they have accomplished. However, some of the posts on this thread (from both sides) only show that some people really need more fiber in their diet or less caffeine. All that is being accomplished here is not a reflection of both of our fine programs. This thread needs to be put on hold until the fall of 2009 and then I’m sure it will be great for the build up of “The Game” that we all would like to see. But for now, let’s focus on this fall and what has to be done to prepare for it. :P

I agree with you rhayes .. put a leash on old Dad and maybe you won't hear a bunch of squawking back and forth . I've always respected Oak Ridge , but it gets pretty hard to just sit by and let several OR posters try to down play Maryville's accomplishments . Who Hasn't heard the famous OR fan " HITCH " rant and rave against Maryville for the last several years on every local Knoxville radio station .

Edited by pepvol

I agree with you rhayes .. put a leash on old Dad and maybe you won't hear a bunch of squawking back and forth . I've always respected Oak Ridge , but it gets pretty hard to just sit by and let several OR posters try to down play Maryville's accomplishments . Who Hasn't heard the famous OR fan " HITCH " rant and rave against Maryville for the last several years on every local Knoxville radio station .

It's not that hard!! Every school has posters (fans) that tend to get a little carried away about certain threads. I read them, but, choose not to respond to negative post about my school because it just feeds the fire. And in the case of this thread, it's a mute point anyway. Maryville is a top notch program in Tennessee as is Oak Ridge, IMO. One plays in 4A and one plays in 5A, thats the only difference, this thread thrives only because its the off-season, and makes for good arguments, (if there is such a a thing).