MBA at Trinity

FlyBy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a couple of the coach's and the word on David isn't looking too good... but no matter what, the Big Red will come through all the adversity with suprising fight. I practiced with Austin for two years and he is a very smart kid, who has a great arm and a very good sense about him. A great 2-0 start for MBA will be just what they need to take down a powerful MUS team.

As a graduate, I can't be too proud of the guys and the program and especially the school... awesome experience for them. Roll Red.

I talked to a couple of the coach's and the word on David isn't looking too good... but no matter what, the Big Red will come through all the adversity with suprising fight. I practiced with Austin for two years and he is a very smart kid, who has a great arm and a very good sense about him. A great 2-0 start for MBA will be just what they need to take down a powerful MUS team.

As a graduate, I can't be too proud of the guys and the program and especially the school... awesome experience for them. Roll Red.

Congrats to MBA on their win versus trinity!! Always good to see a fellow D2AAA team do well outside the state. I have not seen MBA play this year but I have seen my MUS owls play and they are anything but powerful. They are on a rebuilding year this year im afraid but nonetheless cant wait to see the MBA vs MUS game this upcoming Friday. Good Luck to both teams!

Great job, Big Red! Huge win. For you guys that got to listen to the game, consider yourself lucky (even with complaints from the wife). I was out of town with no internet or radio so its been killing me to know what happened. This has to be a confidence builder because there have been alot of questions about this team. 3-1 versus Trinity all time and 2-0 vs. Kentucky this year. Big game coming up at MUS. Roll Red!

Maybe RRR can answer this: The 97 yard pass from Howe to Phipps is the longest play from scrimmage I can remember from an MBA team. Is this an MBA record?

Also, any word on Howe? What happened on the play where he went down?

Michael Fisher and Matthew Jacques hooked up on a 97-yard TD pass against BGA in 2002. I would assume the 2002 and last night's TD pass are tied for the record.

I haven't heard anything on Howe's status, and am not sure what happened on the play in which he was injured.

I hope he's OK; I'd hate to see his career over. Last night's victory had to be bittersweet for him. When Ryan Burns went down in 2004 with a preseason ACL, Howe was thrown into the fire quickly, starting with the Trinity game, which THS won 35-7 and MBA didn't score an offensive touchdown. To have his best yardage night at the scene of his first varsity game/loss had to be gratifying.

My hat's off to Howe - he's 19-6 in his career, with those losses coming to Trinity, MUS three times (all in MUS championship years), Byrnes, and Baylor. Not a lot of other QBs are going to win those games either.

Edited by rollredroll

After reading bluegrass preps, MBA should be proud of the way the fans in Kentucky think of you. After last night you are 3-1 against Trinity, and they continue to say how MBA plays hard and with class. And how the MBA fans are liked and how classy they are. I know if MBA played any school in Tennessee as highly reguarded as Trinity is in KY, outside of DIV II (you can add your own schools here) and went 3-1 against them some words I would guess you would not here is class, great program, etc. And most amazing of all is they hope to keep playing you in the future! This weekend is a classic example, in other games teams were lucky, recruiting etc. To be honest I am suprised that the Trinty fans would so nice in defeat, but they also said that the previous two losses to MBA were years that they went on to win the state. MBA players, coaches and fans should not only be proud of your win but also how you conduct yourself in the process. You represent Nashville well even though you continue to beat teams out of state, and they still like you. You don't see that very often.

Is the Howe kid's dad also named David. I went to school with a David Howe at UT who was from Memphis and married a girl from Nashville named Joanna.

Yes, you have the correct family. The father attended CBHS or MUS before making a trip to Knoxville and the University of Tennessee.