BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

Before anyone takes the job they need to look at a few things if they wish to have a winning program:

1. Practice facilities: field is small and not in very good condition

2. Strength & Conditioning: Is the room large enough so that the whole team can workout and do you have enough equipment

3. Will they allow you to hire your own staff?

4. Will you be able to have a 1/8 coach to player ratio including the varsity, jv and freshmen teams?

5. Would they allow you to bring your own certified strength & conditioning coach into the school?

This all sounds crazy but you need to know what you are going to be allowed to do before you ever take the job. It would be foolish to take the job if the school system is not going to give you the tools to have a winning program.

Edited by cbg

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Practice Facility at CHS is not much worse than the one utilized by Franklin. I read the article quoting the outgoing coach and was baffled that the condition of the program was being laid on the conditions he had to coach under.

Granted the field width causes issues, but the practice field at FHS is about the same width as was quoted by CHS coach. As far as length of the field - I beleive he stated 70 yards, Franklins is about 80 if you step it off and loose count!

New coach will find facilities more than adequate if he can builld the right attitude within the program - one that eliminates excuses!

Hate to think about it but - Coach Webb (DC) at Franklin would be a shoe in for the position if he were interested. Already employed by the county school district, previous head coaching experience, and without question a genious in developing Defensive Schemes. His experience under Tim Johnson would serve him well.

Practice Facility at CHS is not much worse than the one utilized by Franklin. I read the article quoting the outgoing coach and was baffled that the condition of the program was being laid on the conditions he had to coach under.

Granted the field width causes issues, but the practice field at FHS is about the same width as was quoted by CHS coach. As far as length of the field - I beleive he stated 70 yards, Franklins is about 80 if you step it off and loose count!

New coach will find facilities more than adequate if he can builld the right attitude within the program - one that eliminates excuses!

Hate to think about it but - Coach Webb (DC) at Franklin would be a shoe in for the position if he were interested. Already employed by the county school district, previous head coaching experience, and without question a genious in developing Defensive Schemes. His experience under Tim Johnson would serve him well.

another thing about the "adequate" or lack there of, practice fields that hasnt been mentioned, is that Centennial has a stinkin interstate right off the main field, not mention a future exit ramp right next to the practice field...heres an idea of how close the ramp is to the field, stick your hand out over the fence, and its liable to be taken off by a car!!

when that exit ramp is finshed, if someone throws/kicks and airred ball its going to hit a car, and cause a major accident, or vice-versa...someones has a accident on the ramp, car flipps over onto the field injurys a player, of course thats at the most extreme scenario, but it could happen

and right now till through i think its summer 2008 they have to deal with construction, all the issues that brings in (i.e. noise, and blasting) i dont know how it is at other schools, but id say Centennial may have the worst facillties of all the schools in the county

Edited by c-c-chs08

Before anyone takes the job they need to look at a few things if they wish to have a winning program:

1. Practice facilities: field is small and not in very good condition

2. Strength & Conditioning: Is the room large enough so that the whole team can workout and do you have enough equipment

3. Will they allow you to hire your own staff?

4. Will you be able to have a 1/8 coach to player ratio including the varsity, jv and freshmen teams?

5. Would they allow you to bring your own certified strength & conditioning coach into the school?

This all sounds crazy but you need to know what you are going to be allowed to do before you ever take the job. It would be foolish to take the job if the school system is not going to give you the tools to have a winning program.

Who would want to be the head coach when his Athletic Director is the ex head coach? A pretty weird situation if you ask me. Potential for some built in strife from the get go.

Who would want to be the head coach when his Athletic Director is the ex head coach? A pretty weird situation if you ask me. Potential for some built in strife from the get go.

Will not happen...since Gregory was also stripped of his AD duties. Smart move by CHS...if they plan to move forward. Gregory as the AD over the new head coach would be a horrible move!

What about Dan "the man" Winfree from Brentwood. He has head coaching experience at Mount Juliet "tha Bears". He's suppose to be a Offensive genius.

Donnie Webb is a great coach and man of integrity! The CHS defense would improve for sure. What about the offense? Never known Webb to to work an offense. What would a Webb offense look like?

And would Webb even want the job? Why want the CHS job when he did not even want the Franklin job...and stayed put there as the D Coord for Clayton? Tells me he likes it where he is...and likes his Coord position!

Winfree..Offensive Genius? Pretty strong observation! No signs of "genius" in that BHS offense this year!

last i checked

gregory is keeping his AD job and was only stripped of head coaching duties

i wont restate whats all ready been stated, but i will say...dont be surprised if gregory does remove himself (i am saying he resigns, not gets fired) as AD and/or teacher at Centennial before or right the end of the school year. with that being said i believe, it be in the schools best interest to find an AD thats not a coach, i believe theres to much room for curruption if you will, like gregory not allowing mutlisport athletes...thats something centennial is going to have to do if they want to turn the intire program around.

i also wouldnt be surprised if Foley, Kelly, and Finney are removed from their football coaching postions, pending they allow the new head coach to bring in his own assitant coaches, and again a move Centennial will need to make to turn the program around!

I wouldn't count on anyone coming from another team in the district to take over. Centennial has been considered the "whipping boy" of the district the past two years. I don't think anyone would wanna contend with that plus the moral is low, who ever takes over has alot of work to do.

Gotta disagree here ... I think Freedom has always had great talent and great coachig from Coach Lane and the Cowboys program. Change the atmosphere through a dynamic coach with a 'fun" spread offense and your "Whipping Boy" turns into a "perennial power" very quickly!! Raise the competitive level there and the entire Region 6-5A has to turn it up a notch.

Oh and the student body there has always been some of the most spirited year in and year out!!

Edited by BigDogDaddy