West Tennessee Basketball: What happened you guys?

triathlete

QUOTE(GovMan @ Mar 20 2007 - 05:05 PM) 826418759[/snapback]Well, if you really want to look at the "overall" "all-time" picture and not just the past few years...

Most State Tournament Appearances: Both #1 and #2 are East Tennessee Teams

Which is basically what I said. The same dominate teams make it out of the east because there isn't that much competition.

QUOTE(GovMan @ Mar 20 2007 - 05:05 PM) 826418759[/snapback]Most State Tournament Games: Both #1 and #2 teams are East Tennessee

Most State Tournament Wins: #1 is East Tennessee team; #2,3, & 4 are East Tennessee and Middle Tennessee

Goes with what I said earlier. Not much of a chance of an upset getting to the state tournament. The more chances the more games and hopefully wins.

QUOTE(GovMan @ Mar 20 2007 - 05:05 PM) 826418759[/snapback]*Even Most State Tournament Losses: #1 and #2 are East Tennessee teams

Well, thats just too easy.

You put your spin on it and broke it down into teams. I was stating to look at the overall picture. Last year the east was 0-3. When has the west been 0-3? The west has been 3-0, has the east? I noticed you stayed away from

Most Championships in Boys Basketball.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that West Tennessee is better in Basketball. It isn't excactly easy coming from the East either. This was only Maryville's second time making it to the state tournament. Maryville had to go through tough teams like Bearden,Farragut and Science Hill. Maryville has had very good basketball teams. Especially during the Lee Humphrey years. Maryville has won a lot of district championships over the years. They won a region title in 2003. They just couldn't get over that hump. They got over it this year.

Maryville will be tough again next year. Especially after football season is over. I hope it is December before Aaron Douglas starts playing basketball. Jordon Dameron is a great player just like his dad was. Ryan Click will be a very good player for Maryville. Wes Lambert,Jay Reynolds and Kyle Pickle will be a big help next year. Maryville is a very solid basketball program. They have been for several years. They will continue to be real good.

East may never be better than the west again, but for this one year the east owns 2 or the 3 gold balls. Better players from the west that go to big time schools, but better coaching in the east makes it just as competitive.

Almost every year there is a different representative from the east.

Maryville, Oak Ridge, Greeneville,Cleveland, Powell, Bradley,Tennessee, D-B, Bearden it can be any of these teams.

Middle Tenn, Siegle,Whites Creek, Wilson Central, Shelbyville, you can count on 1 or two of these every year.

West Tenn- Ridgeway, Egypt, Bolivar, Mitchell, Humbolt, Liberty these team make it there easy year in year out.

Looking at the numbers to me it seems tougher to get into the tourny coming from the east.

QUOTE(williebgovs04 @ Mar 21 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826419294[/snapback]East may never be better than the west again, but for this one year the east owns 2 or the 3 gold balls. Better players from the west that go to big time schools, but better coaching in the east makes it just as competitive.

Maryville, Oak Ridge, Greeneville,Cleveland, Powell, Bradley,Tennessee, D-B, Bearden it can be any of these teams.

Middle Tenn, Siegle,Whites Creek, Wilson Central, Shelbyville, you can count on 1 or two of these every year.

West Tenn- Ridgeway, Egypt, Bolivar, Mitchell, Humbolt, Liberty these team make it there easy year in year out.

Looking at the numbers to me it seems tougher to get into the tourny coming from the east.

You named VERY FEW of the dominant West TN teams...

QUOTE(williebgovs04 @ Mar 21 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826419294[/snapback]East may never be better than the west again, but for this one year the east owns 2 or the 3 gold balls. Better players from the west that go to big time schools, but better coaching in the east makes it just as competitive.

While you are looking at the numbers, where are majority of the Gold balls from the past 7 years?

Ridgeway, White Station, Hamilton, Craigmont, Mitchell, BTW, Raleigh Egypt, Bolivar, Liberty, Humbolt, Union City, Haywood, & Dyer County are all dominant teams in the West.

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 22 2007 - 01:42 AM) 826420027[/snapback]Temple's got 3.....but your not talking single a.... no one cares that in single a the east is dominant...

yeah i guess we're not talkin' about 1A when it comes to dominating in basketball.

who cares if East Tn. has won 5 Gold Balls in the last 10 years.

EAST

Temple (2007)

Unaka (2004)

Temple (2003)

Temple (2002)

Chattanooga Christian (2001)

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826418386[/snapback]I agree.

You can't take anything away from Temple and Maryville because they've earned their gold balls. Temple has been one of the top teams in A for a little while now. But, I still think the best team in AAA watched the state tournament from their couch. They can only blame their selves for not making it. Temple and Union City would make for a great game. It just comes down to the fact that coming out of the west is harder than coming out of the east.

No it wouldn't have.....Anybody that saw Union City play this year knows it too....

Temple should send a card of gratitude to Humboldt for beating the Tornadoes......While they are at it they could send a card to the Humboldt coaching staff for holding Humboldt down for a half.....I saw the Vikings five or six times this year and that was by far the worst game I saw them play....

That title should be named the "Thank God Union City Didn't Make Here" trophy......Union City would have beaten Maryville too.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 22 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826420508[/snapback]No it wouldn't have.....Anybody that saw Union City play this year knows it too....

Temple should send a card of gratitude to Humboldt for beating the Tornadoes......While they are at it they could send a card to the Humboldt coaching staff for holding Humboldt down for a half.....I saw the Vikings five or six times this year and that was by far the worst game I saw them play....

That title should be named the "Thank God Union City Didn't Make Here" trophy......Union City would have beaten Maryville too.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Knock the union city crap off, they couldn't even get to the state tournament. The only thing they do is talk about how good they are. Temple is the best team in the state in 1a and they didn't talk about it, they proved it. west has better athletes , east has better coaching.

QUOTE(ULfan @ Mar 22 2007 - 04:35 PM) 826420518[/snapback]Knock the union city crap off, they couldn't even get to the state tournament. The only thing they do is talk about how good they are. Temple is the best team in the state in 1a and they didn't talk about it, they proved it. west has better athletes , east has better coaching.

EXACTLY!!!-

QUOTE(TheBoredGuy @ Mar 22 2007 - 02:44 PM) 826420463[/snapback]The answer is pretty simple: youth.

Take a look at the rosters of the West TN teams at the Boro. You won't find many seniors that played any minutes.

Next year, things will be back to the way they've been for most of the decade.

Yeah ... that's it. Maryville won because of their "senior-laden" team. Oh, wait a minute ... Maryville only played TWO seniors!!! Somehow they managed to do ok THIS YEAR without many seniors ... instead of having to use the old "wait'll next year"excuse.