Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catastrophe: a momentous tragic event ranging from extreme misfortune to utter overthrow or ruin.Would you not classify this as a "momentous tragic event" that is at the very least "extreme misfortune" for TTA? I would.... Are you still in denial?

I would say he is and will be for a while....

Just hang on tight...all is well

Temple's ship is definately sinking.....QUICK.

Yep and the high school jamboree tomorrow night as well.....

My take is on the Jamboree is on the middle school boards. take a look and add your two cents if you can pull away from this train wreck

Pictures are truly worth a thousand words, huh zone?

Yep

Thats what pure ignorance of rules gets ya.Except, I think they knew what they were doing in some cases of this.

You are correct, It was not all ignorance of the rules

No, just this spring which is a violationFrom what I hear he's the money guy. More digging is being done

To Pasture,

You can also use the rule book to absorb the shock of the paddle. Remember don't tighten up. How many licks depends on the findings past this point. But you can definitely head for the wood shed and wait.

I am going to offer a short prayer for the innocent and move on. My rubber necking is over.

Ignorance of the rules is in no way an exceptable excuse. I guess these people think it makes them look better by saying they "just didnt know the rules." Thats a load of you know what. How can you not know that a kid from another school cant be on your football team? You at least have to ask a few questions about it.

I could understand if you break a rule that deals with how much you can practice or playing in a summer league or something like that, but how can you not know that recruiting and paying school bills are rules? I guarantee that these people knew what they were doing, and saying they didnt know the rules is their easiest cop out.

Still pretty lousy. Haven't seen anything catastrophic yet, nor will I.

Kinda like Watergate? How did that turn out for Nixson?

I dont know if you have figured it out yet, but this is turning into a big deal. Temple is in big trouble. At the VERY LEAST Temple is going to have to dish out some serious cash. You seem to be affiliated with temple; do they have money to pay these violations? On top of that if they cancel the season thats $1,500 a game. Come on man quit down playing it, this is a "catastrophic" event for temple.

Kinda like Watergate? How did that turn out for Nixson?

I dont know if you have figured it out yet, but this is turning into a big deal. Temple is in big trouble. At the VERY LEAST Temple is going to have to dish out some serious cash. You seem to be affiliated with temple; do they have money to pay these violations? On top of that if they cancel the season thats $1,500 a game. Come on man quit down playing it, this is a "catastrophic" event for temple.

Now that I've had a chance to sleep on it, you all are exactly right. This is a catastrophe! Right up there with 9/11 and Katrina.

That doesn't make sense...who are you talking about...TSSAA ALREADY DID A FULL INVESTIGATION OF THE QB AND RIDLEY AND EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT or are you referring to the wadley's who had been there since k-4- or maybe the skogens who went there and never made an impact till two years later....like I said the skogens joined temple when jake was in 9th- and joey in 4th... that is not illegal...

If you look at the article in the TFP it sure sounds like to me that the TSSAA is still looking into the southeast whitfield connection and that is where Larson and Ridley came from. I don't know how you can say that every thing has cheched out ok there. It is very clear to me that TSSAA is still investigating read the article.

That's pretty morbid and uncalled for

I think you took my comment a different way then i meant. I mean "good" as in we will get to see a true picture of what is going on, instead of all the rumors being posted on here, and hopefully we are getting closer to the facts....This is in no way good for anyone involved in high school sports.

I think we should take a second to discuss, what now happens with these kids that are at Temple, and if they get put on probation or anything, can they transfer? Im not sure what they have left on the football team, but i think they atleast had some talent coming back to the basketball team...Are they stuck at Temple?