Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not since CSAS does not play in the TAACS. They may become rivals with Hamilton Heights and Berean though ! On a more serious note, I don't think any of their good athletes will stick around for this year from what I hear and their recruits will move back to where they came from.

Hamilton Heights must have been accepted into the TSSAA, they're part of a three-team volleyball match with Sequatchie today. Berean is taking steps to join, they're on the latest TSSAA board agenda. That might leave Tnnessee Christian out of Cleveland and some area home school/church groups to play.

Kevin did interviews after the games.

I was there. (that doesn't mean he was the head coach) Just telling what I actually OBSERVED. He also gave 90% of the post-game speeches after the games. (when the Temple faithful would gather on the field)

Would the real coach stand up? Probably not because then someone would have to take responsibility. Unfortunately this has to go back to Dan Wadley who was the AD and to the principal at the time. (Hunt??) We know for sure they were in those positions.

I agree... this is not the issue but is probably a symptom that helped put them in this situation.

Sorry I don't care if you were there...he didn't do tv interviews.... at least not the big games....SP trousdale etc...he talked to the team more than the other coaches after the game..he speaks for a living so he is probably used to it...

Find me one interview from a tv station from this past year and I will give you my personal email address....you are wrong...

Hamilton Heigthts has permission to play TSSAA schools, but are not a member. They petitioned for the opportunity to play several years ago.

Hamilton Heights must have been accepted into the TSSAA, they're part of a three-team volleyball match with Sequatchie today. Berean is taking steps to join, they're on the latest TSSAA board agenda. That might leave Tnnessee Christian out of Cleveland and some area home school/church groups to play.

Bob Hall was the AD at Temple in 06-07. Wadley resigned at the end of the 06 year which makes him a player in all of this mess ( which does not yet include if the TSSAA starts going back into previous years which they may do).

Temple AD story. Wadley starts snowball... Hall watches snowball grow... Marcum watches snowball in face. Sound about right?

what's the approximate enrollment at temple? its not much. whatever it is, can we assume that several kids will leave because of the athletic sanctions that will soon be placed on them? also, wouldn't there be other non-sports kids whose parents take them out becuase of an administration who is basically self proclaiming themselves as ignorant? this could be catastrophic for temple. just my opinion.

what's the approximate enrollment at temple? its not much. whatever it is, can we assume that several kids will leave because of the athletic sanctions that will soon be placed on them? also, wouldn't there be other non-sports kids whose parents take them out becuase of an administration who is basically self proclaiming themselves as ignorant? this could be catastrophic for temple. just my opinion.

I have heard Temple boast that over 75% of their students participate in athletics, so I would say that it is safe to say if they do not participate they may not exist.

Some of you people are really licking your chops, aren't you?

I agree. I admit I don't know squat about the TSSAA rules. But this should be common sense. And Caleb Marcum not knowing then calling TSSAA and said someone there told him it was okay but he didn't know who told him that? For one, I would err on the cautious side as not to get the school and my athletic program in trouble and have a bad name. And secondly, I would think the whole situation whether it was legal by TSSAA rules or not was kind of fishy and not do this kind of stuff. I would hold my program and my school to a higher standard since it's a Christian school. I would have told him when they transfer then they could practice, and I would have had questions about how they got there. But maybe that's just me. Looks like Marcum being an inexperienced first time AD is really going to bite them.

Looks like Marcum being an inexperienced first time AD is really going to bite them.

This was exactly why certain members of the TTA Advisory council were against Caleb being the new AD; this and because of the family connection with HPBC. Caleb has all the makings of a good AD but experience is worth it's weight in gold (balls) so it seems. But the inexperience doesn't stop there does it? The new Headmaster seems like a sharp lady but once again, inexperienced as a Headmaster. I know for a fact that this is a combination of ignorance and ignored warnings on the part of previous and current administration.

BTW, TTA has a long history of students not paying their school bills. I recently heard that there were over $100K of unpaid tuition going back several years. The question is...were any of those athletes?