Oak Ridge vs. Fulton

boyfromsi

Most of the more recent years I would have picked Fulton to win, but having to replace an entire line on both sides will be difficult for the Falcons. Playing a 5A team usually means big lineman up front. As for skill players I will still go with the Falcons. Even after losing Rogan, and the X factor.

I have read the articles that for some reason the people of Oak Ridge have let continue by some idiot that must not watch much football. I know that his thoughts and ideas are not the reflection of how most Oak Ridgers think.

Here is my opinion for what its worth.

The Wildcats have been to the State Championship game 1 time in the past decade and twice over the past 25 years. They have a tremendous past. Yes that would be past. We are now in the 21st century. I have a tremendous respect for the city of OR, its people, its school, and its football program. To allow some person from the the past to disrespect a school that has done more in 5 years than Oak Ridge has done in the past 30 years is a black eye to the people of Oak Ridge. Apparenlty he has not watched much of the Football that has been played the last couple of years due to talking all the time. Although Fulton is a 3A team they have been one of the most dangerous teams in TN. In my opinion Fulton could have played and beaten the Wildcats 3 of the past 4 years. They are one of few teams that have had lineman like that of 5A, but extremely fast and athletic. That is one thing they lack this year. I also have a great admiration for Stanton. This should be a game that is exciting to all.

The Fulton Falcons will play host to the Atomic City Wildcats. This is a game from years back and should be as exciting as the media has built it up to be. The Falcons will try to pick up the slack where Rogan and company left off last year. It will be a tough act to follow. While the Wildcats must get out of the slump they were dealt last year after losing a great class of athletes the previous year that played for a gold ball. The Wildcats come out radiating and will battle a tough very athletic Falcon team. Size will matter, and not being able to kick the barn from 2 feet away will once again haunt the Falcons. Oak Ridge by 7.

Leonard.

Well said.

ruse?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the more recent years I would have picked Fulton to win, but having to replace an entire line on both sides will be difficult for the Falcons. Playing a 5A team usually means big lineman up front. As for skill players I will still go with the Falcons. Even after losing Rogan, and the X factor.

I have read the articles that for some reason the people of Oak Ridge have let continue by some idiot that must not watch much football. I know that his thoughts and ideas are not the reflection of how most Oak Ridgers think.

Here is my opinion for what its worth.

The Wildcats have been to the State Championship game 1 time in the past decade and twice over the past 25 years. They have a tremendous past. Yes that would be past. We are now in the 21st century. I have a tremendous respect for the city of OR, its people, its school, and its football program. To allow some person from the the past to disrespect a school that has done more in 5 years than Oak Ridge has done in the past 30 years is a black eye to the people of Oak Ridge. Apparenlty he has not watched much of the Football that has been played the last couple of years due to talking all the time. Although Fulton is a 3A team they have been one of the most dangerous teams in TN. In my opinion Fulton could have played and beaten the Wildcats 3 of the past 4 years. They are one of few teams that have had lineman like that of 5A, but extremely fast and athletic. That is one thing they lack this year. I also have a great admiration for Stanton. This should be a game that is exciting to all.

The Fulton Falcons will play host to the Atomic City Wildcats. This is a game from years back and should be as exciting as the media has built it up to be. The Falcons will try to pick up the slack where Rogan and company left off last year. It will be a tough act to follow. While the Wildcats must get out of the slump they were dealt last year after losing a great class of athletes the previous year that played for a gold ball. The Wildcats come out radiating and will battle a tough very athletic Falcon team. Size will matter, and not being able to kick the barn from 2 feet away will once again haunt the Falcons. Oak Ridge by 7.

LLoser,

Let me first refresh your short memory concerning the Oak Ridge Football Program, that you seem to think has faded and is living in the past.

The years of 2000: 2005 13-1 State Runner-up

2004 12-2 lost to Riverdale in the semi-final game.

2003 12-2 lost to Riverdale in the semi-final game.

2002 lost to Kingsport DB in 3rd round of play-offs

2000 lost to Kingsport DB in 3rd round of playoffs

I can see picking Fulton to win last years game, but not vs. the 2005, 2004, or the 2003 Oak Ridge teams.

Oak Ridge has an overall record of 549 wins-148 losses.

The 1940's record: 35-25

The 1950's record: 85-10

The 1960's record: 70-26

The 1970's record: 91-21

The 1980's record: 94-23

The 1990's record: 107-23

The 2000's record: 67-20

Overall Playoff record: 56-22

Notice any trends? To say Oak Ridge football is living in the past is insane!

8-State Championships

1-State Runner-up

1-National Championship

As for the articles in the Oak Ridger, DID you read just one article, or the whole series of articles concerning the first game. Because if you did, you should have noticed the praise that David heaped on to the Fulton football program. The "idiot" you refer to, is an Oak Ridge Hall of Fame member, who has called the Oak Ridge games now for about 25-30 years. His knowledge of the game of football (or any sport for that matter) far exceeds any poster on CoachT who relys on newspaper articles for his source of the game or their outcomes. You are indeed entitled to your opinion, here's mine, you think way too much of yourself and your posts! And your last post, just proves it!

What is Fultons record against Oak Ridge, 14-1, I think!! A 5A powerhouse scheduling a 3-A team is a

lose-lose situation for Oak Ridge and you know it!

Here is my prediction on the game, Oak Ridge has struggled on offense (as far as being consistent) in all of their scrimmages,

I know Fulton lost alot, but this one will be close, I'm calling it a toss-up! I'm probably one of the few Oak Ridge supporters who, if had to pick a winner, I would lean toward Fulton.

Its time to play, from what I understand, OR has been sluggish and inconsistent in scrmmages, they did not play well at all against a fired up Anderson County team in the 10 minute quarter at the AC Jamboree. The Mavericks played like it was a real game and the Cats played like it was a Spring Practice Scrimmage and got knocked around like rag dolls. Well, no more efforts like that...Fulton will be coming into this game like it is their State Championship, they will bring out all the old heroes and CSS to see a big Falcon win so the Knoxville News Sentinel can produce banner headlines in Prep Extra next Saturday morning (if Oak Ridge wins, they will put it on the back page). SO, the Wildcats will need to match the intensity, this is the real deal!! Fulton is a quality program, and even though they lost a lot of good lineman and Dennis Rogan, they will be no less dangerous, since they will have good speed on defense and receivers. The winner will be the team that has the fewest turnovers and is in the best condition at games end. This will be a playoff type atmosphere and each team's season will depend on how well they do here. In the end it is not the coaches, but the players playing the game, and those who play the hardest and the best will win. To all who say this is a bigger game for Fulton since they are 3A, don't believe it, it is a very big game for Oak Ridge too. Time to play!! Lets go Cats!!!

Should be a good one. The team that gets out of the gate the quickest will probably take it. Fulton will need a break or two b/c O.R. will dominate up front. I'll be routing for Fulton but see O.R. winning a close one. If Fulton can come up with a few BIG plays then they'll probably win. Skill player advantage goes to Fulton hands down but O.R. line is an even bigger advantage.

GO FALCONS!!!

Wow Leonard, for so early in the season you coming on strong. Should be an interesting season just reading your comments! I am just ready for the season, all of 'em, High School, College, and Pro to start although I clearly enjoy the High School level above all of them.

So lets go to Fulton and let the players go at it and the coaches do the strategy thing. It is Friday night football time! Roll Wildcats Roll!

The press has already started preparing Cat fans for a defeat with the introduction of a pile of excuses about the Cats injuries before this game. It sounds like Johnny Majors is coaching OR. "Our young men need to get tougher". "We have a lot of injuries". I guess OR is the only one that has players getting hurt playing football. I was hoping things would be turned around but it looks like just more excuses in store for Cat fans......and we haven't even kicked off yet. Oh Well.

Ole Dad

Wow Leonard, for so early in the season you coming on strong. Should be an interesting season just reading your comments! I am just ready for the season, all of 'em, High School, College, and Pro to start although I clearly enjoy the High School level above all of them.

So lets go to Fulton and let the players go at it and the coaches do the strategy thing. It is Friday night football time! Roll Wildcats Roll!

Now Dad.... you remember how The Bear used to talk about how bad Bama was and then went out and beat the crap out of everyone? Including Johnny Majors! And then there's that little guy that was at the Fighting Irish and then South Carolina, he could whine pretty good too. But you may be right, it's too early to tell. Let's wait until Fri nite. and see what happens.