Gordonsville @ Trousdale County

croz6110

It's funny, how we fuss and argue over these games in a competetive manner, which we should back our programs, that almost every one of us run to the computer for coacht, radio, Saturday paer, etc. to see each has done. We as a whole, at least in my mind, support each other more than we know. BTW hows the Seay kid??

Tacola Seay is coming along well. Saw him at practice today...has a brace on

his leg. Be out 6 weeks he said when I talked to him. Should be back by the

last of the season. Kinda hard to predict those things. Just have to wait & see.

I'll tell him you were asking about him. He is out best RB, and our starting QB

was lost before the season started....playing # 3. # 2 QB lost last year, still

not 100%.....playing # 3 all season thus far. Not a good year injury wise.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking about coming next week to the "Creekbank" to watch these young lads battle it out. I usually go watch one of the Valley teams, but this game has interested me. I have only been to the Creekbank once. It was an exciting atmosphere. This will be a good game because the living legend walking the sidelines at TC will keep his young lads focused on the task at hand.

No...thank you. Sometimes we forget how good we have it in terms of high school football,athletics in general and as communities. Someone said they can go anywhere in the state with the blue G and everybody that knows HS footabll has heard of Gordonsville. The same goes for Trousdale Co. and Smith Co.. I think sometimes we take this for granted. Hearing people talk about this area makes me proud to live here and sometimes it takes people asking questions like this to make us realize it.

Folks, I've brought several people from my current neck of the woods up to SCHS to watch a game and they are absolutely amazed at the crowds, the teams and the whole atmosphere surrounding Friday nights in Smith Co. (both Carthage & Gordonsville) It's something not found in a lot of schools around here. It's great to see little kids in their youth league jerseys and cheerleading uniforms, students painted up in their colors all screaming for their teams. These are the reasons I drive back up to watch SC play as much as possible. I have people coming up to me at work asking how we're doing and they brought me the paper showing me where #6 is in yardage and scoring. I know I'm off subject here but yea Termite, you're right, everybody has heard of G-ville, TC and SCHS football. Anyway, goodluck to SC Friday night and good luck to G-Ville and TC next week. That should be one heck of a game.

Great reading this week! ( in a good way ). I've learned a lot about posters. I know in the past there has been some very intense games between our football teams . we each have that mutual respect for one another, which enhances the atmousphere in our communities for great football , whether it's in GV, SC, or TC. we've either played the games of the past. We have sons, grand children currently playing, or we just simply have the love for high school football; and oh yeah. Remember those back yard football games growing up ! ( Those were even good ones) It just so happens. When Fall is in the air. It's Football time in Gordonsville ! . It's Football time in Carthage ! & It's Football time in Trousdale Co. It's Friday night under the lights. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great reading this week! ( in a good way ). I've learned a lot about posters. I know in the past there has been some very intense games between our football teams . we each have that mutual respect for one another, which enhances the atmousphere in our communities for great football , whether it's in GV, SC, or TC. we've either played the games of the past. We have sons, grand children currently playing, or we just simply have the love for high school football; and oh yeah. Remember those back yard football games growing up ! ( Those were even good ones) It just so happens. When Fall is in the air. It's Football time in Gordonsville ! . It's Football time in Carthage ! & It's Football time in Trousdale Co. It's Friday night under the lights. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ah...those were the days. No nintendo...play station...hd tv. We stayed outside 'til dark year round...playing whatever sport was in season. I loved those times. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It's funny, how we fuss and argue over these games in a competetive manner, which we should back our programs, that almost every one of us run to the computer for coacht, radio, Saturday paer, etc. to see each has done. We as a whole, at least in my mind, support each other more than we know. BTW hows the Seay kid??

I spoke with Tacola (Seay) last Friday night before the ballgame and he said that it didn't look like the Dr. was going to let him come back this year. He is still on crutches. You're right, it appears on here that we all hate each other, but if Hartsville isn't playing GHS or SC, I'm always pulling for them and keeping up with what they are doing.

I spoke with Tacola (Seay) last Friday night before the ballgame and he said that it didn't look like the Dr. was going to let him come back this year. He is still on crutches. You're right, it appears on here that we all hate each other, but if Hartsville isn't playing GHS or SC, I'm always pulling for them and keeping up with what they are doing.

It really hurts everyone in our Classification when a good player gets hurt, from any team. These kids watch each other in scrimmages, and watch films of each other. They talk about looking forward to playing against the other players from opposing teams. Comments like ,I am going to be on him all night long. Like a tick on a dog. ( that being a nice term. LOL) Then the player gets hurt and they are let down by the chance of not being able to play against them. They miss getting to match their skills against them. Not to mention the fans wont get the chance to see him play this year. He would have definately made the TC game more exciting if he had not been injured. Thats why we go to the games. For exciting entertainment. Lets face it one sided games are boring. I hope Tacola has a speedy recovery and returns to give everyone that excitement he brings to the game.

It is the coaching and traditions of these counties. These coaches aren't only there for these boys in football but are also apart of their life??™s. During football season these coaches and boys spend more time together then they do with their own families.

My son played football for G-ville, even though he has graduated he still comes home to watch the Tigers play when he can. He is very thankful to have been apart of G-ville football and to have been coached by such a great staff. Just ask him he speaks very highly of all the Tiger coaches but be prepared for a long conversation...lol??¦He loves to talk Tiger Football.

what year did your son graduate?

I, myself, am proud of the football in this immediate area.

I hope the kids coming up feel the same way.

I know back when I was at G-ville, I was proud to be there. I am proud of where I come from still to this day. But it really is wonderful to have 3 great football programs within 25 miles of one another.