7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard that Cookeville lost to York last night? That is not very comforting if you are a Cookeville fan like myself. I also heard it was VERY low scoring and the coaching decisions weren't the best. Granted we only had 5 players playing. The players out were #33Courier(suspension), #44Weaver(Knee), #10 Akers(Ankle), & #55 Hennigan(Will start next week due to football). So maybe they can add something when they come back as all are potential starters but I don't care who you are playing you've got to be able to beat York.

I just heard that Cookeville lost to York last night? That is not very comforting if you are a Cookeville fan like myself. I also heard it was VERY low scoring and the coaching decisions weren't the best. Granted we only had 5 players playing. The players out were #33Courier(suspension), #44Weaver(Knee), #10 Akers(Ankle), & #55 Hennigan(Will start next week due to football). So maybe they can add something when they come back as all are potential starters but I don't care who you are playing you've got to be able to beat York.

I think any team in this district could lose to just about anyone without 3 or 4 of their best players, actually make that 5 with Tate's defection to Siegel. Once Akers, Courier, Weaver, and Hennigan return Cookeville will be tremendously better. Will any or all of these be back Friday against Shelbyville? If not it could get ugly.

As far as Siegel, is the McNicholas (sp?) kid from Louisiana still on the team? I have not heard his name mentioned in any of the posts.

I don't know why you think Warren County could possibly do anything. They are 2-58 in the district the last 4 years. That is just about the saddest thing I've ever heard.

It's funny you stopped over the last 4 years and didn't go back to when coach kiel was here winning 20 games or coach Luna winning tje district when he was here. It's true we have had some lean years recently, but this is a new year. There are no dominant teams in our district this year. No Siegal of 2 years ago or Oakland of last year and certainly NO STATE CONTENDERS !!!

It's funny you stopped over the last 4 years and didn't go back to when coach kiel was here winning 20 games or coach Luna winning tje district when he was here. It's true we have had some lean years recently, but this is a new year. There are no dominant teams in our district this year. No Siegal of 2 years ago or Oakland of last year and certainly NO STATE CONTENDERS !!!

Maybe not dominant teams, but I think you got to like White Co's chances of making it to state with all the guys that they return.

DNJ preseason article on what to look for out of Riverdale this season:

http://preps.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...PREPSFACTORYDNJ

also the warriors have adopted a very untraditional (but thats not a negative) look with white home jerseys this year due to a rule change by the TSSAA. every team must have white home jerseys no more silver, gold, yellow, etc.

DNJ preseason article on what to look for out of Riverdale this season:

http://preps.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...PREPSFACTORYDNJ

also the warriors have adopted a very untraditional (but thats not a negative) look with white home jerseys this year due to a rule change by the TSSAA. every team must have white home jerseys no more silver, gold, yellow, etc.

Are they allowed to use those jerseys as alternates?