District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

Thank you beacon of sportsmanship for your brilliant and unbiased insight. SC fans are the most hypocritical in the district. Everyone who has played at SC knows the antics and unsportsmanlike tactics of your crowd. You guys have no place scolding the players or fans of ANY other team. Congratulations on a big win last night, but nobody wants to listen to some junk like this.

I have been in sports for over 25 years and SC has one of the best sportmanlike teams around. Waverly has to have one of the worst. Always has always will. The insight provided was and is a clear cut fact no scolding involved. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. I know the truth hurts!!!!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in sports for over 25 years and SC has one of the best sportmanlike teams around. Waverly has to have one of the worst. Always has always will. The insight provided was and is a clear cut fact no scolding involved. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. I know the truth hurts!!!!

You are obviously as astute an observer of sportsmanship as you are in regards to acknowledging and following common rules of spelling and grammar. I am not a Waverly fan, but I have been to Stewart a few times and the actions of your students are the most unsportsmanlike in 11AA! Any argument to the contrary only demonstrates your bias and subjectivity. The purpose of my previous post was to encourage you not to be such a hypocrite and to focus on the accomplishments of your team, rather than the transgressions of your opposition. Waverly doesn't seat their student section directly behind the opposing team's bench. SC is the only place I have witnessed such bad judgement and boorish crowd behavior. Has a player or coach for SC ever gotten a tech? I'm sure they probably have and I don't think that necessarily equates to poor sportsmanship. I am only calling it as it is. Lost in all this talk is the FACT that SC had a big win Friday night over a good, young Waverly bunch. What are SC's chances tonight against Fairview?

where was this guy when Harpeth played Cheatham?

Sitting in the bleachers. He was allowed to join the team last Wednesday and can be a real factor for a team that I believe can get to the Regionals with the additions of he and Potts to the basketball team. The team has played hard early in the year with guys like Dansby, Stratton, Williams, & Campbell leading the way. Adding those two will certainly help out.

I am not saying that the Cubs are ready to play with Harpeth & Sycamore. NO SIR!!!!

I do believe that these latest two additions to the team will help the Cubs surpass Montgomery Central, Fairview, Waverly Central, & Stewart Co. to get back to the Regionals later in the postseason.

NOW WITH THAT SAID LET'S WAIT & SEE IF I AM RIGHT ON THIS......................... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sitting in the bleachers. He was allowed to join the team last Wednesday and can be a real factor for a team that I believe can get to the Regionals with the additions of he and Potts to the basketball team. The team has played hard early in the year with guys like Dansby, Stratton, Williams, & Campbell leading the way. Adding those two will certainly help out.

I am not saying that the Cubs are ready to play with Harpeth & Sycamore. NO SIR!!!!

I do believe that these latest two additions to the team will help the Cubs surpass Montgomery Central, Fairview, Waverly Central, & Stewart Co. to get back to the Regionals later in the postseason.

NOW WITH THAT SAID LET'S WAIT & SEE IF I AM RIGHT ON THIS......................... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big Country do you believe this big guy or potts could have impacted the Harpeth matchup considering the way Harpeth performed that night?

You are obviously as astute an observer of sportsmanship as you are in regards to acknowledging and following common rules of spelling and grammar. I am not a Waverly fan, but I have been to Stewart a few times and the actions of your students are the most unsportsmanlike in 11AA! Any argument to the contrary only demonstrates your bias and subjectivity. The purpose of my previous post was to encourage you not to be such a hypocrite and to focus on the accomplishments of your team, rather than the transgressions of your opposition. Waverly doesn't seat their student section directly behind the opposing team's bench. SC is the only place I have witnessed such bad judgement and boorish crowd behavior. Has a player or coach for SC ever gotten a tech? I'm sure they probably have and I don't think that necessarily equates to poor sportsmanship. I am only calling it as it is. Lost in all this talk is the FACT that SC had a big win Friday night over a good, young Waverly bunch. What are SC's chances tonight against Fairview?

My observation of your post is that you have not been to a game in a LONG while. SC has not been seated behind the opposing team in two years. I don't need encouragement of any kind due to the fact that I am not a hypocrite. I speak the truth. And considering you did not even know that the fans don't sit behind the visiting team, you would not know the truth if it hit you in the face. So you can't call our sportsmanship by anything due to your inability to know the facts. In the future, investigate before making statements you can't prove.

As far as our chances tonight, I would call it pretty good. We beat Fairview!!! We beat them with a very sportsmanlike fan base.

SC beat Fairview tonight by 9. It was fairly close the first half and SC went to halftime with a 9 point lead. In the second half SC i believe went ahead by as many as 14 or 15 and ended up winning by 9. Great came 2nite by the boys from SC. Boone Smith had 16 followed by big jacob taylor with 14. Dylan Smith also added 13 points and 9 rebounds.

wow its pretty funny that waverly is claimed to have such bad sportsmanship, why isnt any other schools complained about it?? but yet there are many others on here who think sc has bad sportsmanship and its not just the waverly people that see it! and about the student section, it doesnt matter to me where they sit but they should not interfere with the coaching or communicate with anybody on the bench cuz that, my friends, is bad sportsmanship...and isnt it supposed to be a rule that your not allowed to call out a certain jersey number and stuff from the student section?? idk if it is or not for sure but believe it should be... and something else, i went to the waverly stewart co game last year in dover and the student section was behind the waverly bench and you really could tell during timeouts when the section would hover over the team as far as the could to holler so that the team could not listen to the coach. but this argument on here is nonsense and should have no reason to be on here because we all know about the stewart county and waverly hate for each other and all sc is doin is trying to start something that has no point on coacht because its all wrong. but lets hope papa dont get a word of this cuz we know this forum will be full of SC vs. PapaT posts

SC put on a strong perfromance at Fairview, but I would say Fairview lost this game more then SC won it. SC never lead by more then 12 as the previous post suggested. Fairview actually cut the lead to two and missed a layup with about 2 minutes to go that would have tied it. Fairview had open looks all night against the zone of SC but could not make any shots. Fairview outrebounded SC even though they were undersized. You can beat Stewart county any night of the week if you front the big post kid and have help side on the lob. Fairview figured it out in the second half and play defense on number 44. they are the two scoring options SC has, everyone else that scored hit free throws or got a rebound and put back. Fairview wins this game nine out of ten times, and again should have won had they shot better. Worst shooting night of the year for them by far.

SC will say they had the game in control and are a much better team after last night, but I would nto agree. SC won, but they should feel fortunate to have done so. THey will not win at Waverly or any of the other places except maybe MC this year.

My observation of your post is that you have not been to a game in a LONG while. SC has not been seated behind the opposing team in two years. I don't need encouragement of any kind due to the fact that I am not a hypocrite. I speak the truth. And considering you did not even know that the fans don't sit behind the visiting team, you would not know the truth if it hit you in the face. So you can't call our sportsmanship by anything due to your inability to know the facts. In the future, investigate before making statements you can't prove.

As far as our chances tonight, I would call it pretty good. We beat Fairview!!! We beat them with a very sportsmanlike fan base.

I don't have to investigate anything because I have seen your students behind the opposing team's bench, just like the poster from Waverly has. You must have selective memory or something, but at least you learned how to use the spell check option on your computer. I will not argue this point any more, as fans from 2 other teams in the district have backed up my statements. Congratulations on a big win last night at Fairview. I expect SC to be a team on the rise with Craig and Bramlett in charge now. Does anyone out there have the current district standings and the schedule for the remainder of this week? (Big Country?)