Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

You know what you have to do to a bully, don't you? There's only one way to shut them up. That's why all the DB fans can talk trash around here to all of us little schools but then they go get spanked by somebody with just as many kids as they have when they hit the playoffs. I don't see them talking any trash to anyone on the other side of Greeneville. I hate to say it but neither one of us can either but hopefully that will change next year when Maryville is up where they belong. Anybody east of Knoxville right now is only fighting to make it to the quarterfinals. Sad fact, but true.

You might want to take a look at Henry County.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what you have to do to a bully, don't you? There's only one way to shut them up. That's why all the DB fans can talk trash around here to all of us little schools but then they go get spanked by somebody with just as many kids as they have when they hit the playoffs. I don't see them talking any trash to anyone on the other side of Greeneville. I hate to say it but neither one of us can either but hopefully that will change next year when Maryville is up where they belong. Anybody east of Knoxville right now is only fighting to make it to the quarterfinals. Sad fact, but true.

Are you talking about Schools like Science Hill, Bearden, Sevier Co., William Blount, Jefferson Co., Campbell Co., Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, Farragut, just to name a few. All of these schools have "just as many kids", and all but one is on the other side of Greenville. DB has dominated or at least has a even slate against these schools. We even had a home and away series with a private school down in Nashville called MBA. Ever heard of them. DB ended a 34 game win streak to the then 16th ranked in the nation team. The following year MBA came to DB and it took them 3 overtimes to put the Indians away. How many teams "on the other side of Greenville" does South play? How many teams "on the other side of Greenville" has South ever beat? The big difference between DB and you 'little schools" is that DB can compete with schools "on the other side of Greenville". We might not win them all but when the game is over the other team knows they've been in a battle. We don't get spanked. Getting spanked is when you get beat 44-0

Are you talking about Schools like Science Hill, Bearden, Sevier Co., William Blount, Jefferson Co., Campbell Co., Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, Farragut, just to name a few. All of these schools have "just as many kids", and all but one is on the other side of Greenville. DB has dominated or at least has a even slate against these schools. We even had a home and away series with a private school down in Nashville called MBA. Ever heard of them. DB ended a 34 game win streak to the then 16th ranked in the nation team. The following year MBA came to DB and it took them 3 overtimes to put the Indians away. How many teams "on the other side of Greenville" does South play? How many teams "on the other side of Greenville" has South ever beat? The big difference between DB and you 'little schools" is that DB can compete with schools "on the other side of Greenville". We might not win them all but when the game is over the other team knows they've been in a battle. We don't get spanked. Getting spanked is when you get beat 44-0

WaCo you started off with all valid statements, but then you go and shoot your whole arguement in the foot, trying to compare DB to South. DB is a 5a and South is a 4a now don't you think 95% of the time the larger school should win these match ups?

Now ease up there w1ldcat not ALL DB fans talk trash, there are many that have done nothing but wish the Rebs well this year. Then you get some, just like every school has those few that think just because you can't see who they are that they are free to trash any and everyone they dislike. DB has a great tradition and history, and I believe Stacy is striving for the very thing that DB has and has made a great leap in that direction. Just as Coach Clark holds his players accountable and excepts nothing but thier absolute best, so does Stacy!

Rebs - 31

Vikes - 24

Rebel Nation!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WaCo you started off with all valid statements, but then you go and shoot your whole arguement in the foot, trying to compare DB to South. DB is a 5a and South is a 4a now don't you think 95% of the time the larger school should win these match ups?

You can't say that and mean it when over half the schools on our schedule/conference are 3A playing up....

The argument I was making was that South, unlike DB doesn't play teams from "the other side of Greenville" There are plenty of teams from the middle east tennessee area that are much better than the teams from upper east tn. South needs to take on some of these teams and maybe they wouldn't be so quick to jump on DB's back every time we lose in the playoffs. Put Knox Central, Fulton, Alcoa, Halls, or Austin East on your schedule. It will make South a better team in the years to come. You won't always beat these teams like you will Sullivan Central and Unicoi Co. but you will be ready to compete come playoff time. "Compete" is the key word.

You would know about getting spanked. Get that ball out of your mouth, quit squealing like a pig, and get back to work. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The argument I was making was that South, unlike DB doesn't play teams from "the other side of Greenville" There are plenty of teams from the middle east tennessee area that are much better than the teams from upper east tn. South needs to take on some of these teams and maybe they wouldn't be so quick to jump on DB's back every time we lose in the playoffs. Put Knox Central, Fulton, Alcoa, Halls, or Austin East on your schedule. It will make South a better team in the years to come. You won't always beat these teams like you will Sullivan Central and Unicoi Co. but you will be ready to compete come playoff time. "Compete" is the key word.

Jack, don't let this go to your head, but I agree 100%! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Face it guy, rebeltothecore destroyed you. You named off a bunch of obvious "keys" to winning games. You can't highlight questionable areas on your team and say "if they step up." His reply to yours was hilarious. Why can't you laugh like everybody else? Take him out to a nice steak dinner or something to make up for it.

Don't know about the steak dinner, but yea, the answer was real hilarious. Hilarious if all you got is sarcasm for a rebuttal to, what was it you called it, "obvious" keys to winning games. And answer me why I can't highlight what you call questionable areas on my team and say if they step up we will be successful. Aint that what rising to the occasion, overcoming the odds, moving up to that next level is all about. Yea, now I am laughing. Not a very solid response from you or smart-a-tothecore, just dumb sarcasm. Still waiting on a response to the question I had for you guys on player matchup. Be interested to hear.

Don't know about the steak dinner, but yea, the answer was real hilarious. Hilarious if all you got is sarcasm for a rebuttal to, what was it you called it, "obvious" keys to winning games. And answer me why I can't highlight what you call questionable areas on my team and say if they step up we will be successful. Aint that what rising to the occasion, overcoming the odds, moving up to that next level is all about. Yea, now I am laughing. Not a very solid response from you or smart-a-tothecore, just dumb sarcasm. Still waiting on a response to the question I had for you guys on player matchup. Be interested to hear.

I'll help you out a little. I've watched numerous South games and the TN High-North game so I've seen both teams even though TN High obviously wasn't at full strength. TN High will have to keep South honest. We saw what happened with North when South plays a team that can't throw the ball. They didnt' even make it to the 50 yard line. South needs Clint Phillips back this week, hope he is ok. Very very hard to run up the middle against South with two of the best linebackers in the conference. If TN High can't keep South honest with the pass, the corners move up and it's going to be tough sledding on the outside as well. If they can pass, Shepard should be able to get some big gains with his speed. I think the North game was the first game back for Tallman. He's a load to bring down. As for Tn High stopping South, I said after the North game that if TN High doesn't get better defending the pass then South will put 40 or more on them. there were wide open receivers all over the field that night. South has 3 receivers that all can catch the ball. Then you have Fletcher and Taylor in the backfield along with Davenport who all 3 can run the ball. It's pick your poison. Injuries will play a part of this both ways. I'm not sure if TN High still has anyone out due to injury and I don't know about the status of Hunter Beedle or Clint Phillips. Hopefully all will be healthy so nobody could pull the injury card after the game. Either way, I think this game is for homefield advantage in the quarterfinals of the playoffs if Jordan Greenway is kicked off of the team.