Maryville at Farragut

FBEmeritus

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is....will Farragut be patient enough to pound the ball with Purty and other backs. If Maryville has a weakness, and thats a big IF, its stopping the run. Run effectively, shorten the game, control the ball, avoid turnovers. Hard to do at the HS level.

Maryville 28, Farragut 24 in one heckuva ballgame.

Eye knowed ewe wood git thair aftur startin' out as APU (AllenWick's Painted Underpass)

Yeah, but you could get hauled off to Juvie for tagging that old thing...Had to send a file in a cake to my sister one time during Maryville week (Yes, it runs in the family)

Every time I go to rattle can in the city, Alcoa's finest always stop to thank me for beautifying our fair city....and talk football.

Everybody loves a winner, I guess.

We will be there tomorrow. 3:30 game in Cookeville?....no thanks.

I guess we will sit with you and momma....unless they have a drinking section like they did at Catholic!

Hey BC,

Is FBE going to give us a ride to the West Side tomorrow....waited for 2 hours last week and he George Jones'd us........

Talking about George............George Williams said FBE did not give him a ride either? :motorbike: Figure he wants ALL the pressbox vitals for himself? :motorbike:

Is that the George Williams I'm thinking about? I heard he finally went to the barber shop. Anyway, I hope Maryville beats on "Billy Bates West Side Vocational Learning School for the Financial Sound" really good, I couldn't stand them in school and loved the MHS V. FHS bball games. I'll be watching it on line with a rum and coke here in Hermitage...home of the TSSAA. :popcorneater:

:popcorneater: Saying either of these programs are not good or that they lack good coaching is a joke, I wish both would lose on Friday, but I give the coach of each team and the kids in each program respect. They all prepare and play hard, week to week and year to year. Both records speak for themselves and anyone not respecting either team has no respect for good football. Its ok to pull for one's team, but to degrade a team because you do not like them is foolish and immature. True fans of the game want to see a game like the one coming up between these two teams. Where is sportsmanship :motorbike:

Great post! This is the kind of game any true "lover of the game" would enjoy.

If someone needs a ride they might have to find it someplace else. Due to a family situation, I'll have to miss the first game of the year that really counts. Me thinks FHS will pound the rock all night long and also air it out some. IF the rock gets aired out more than 10 times one of them will be a costly pic I'm thinking. RB Purdy will be a tough customer, but will wear down like most backs right after JimmyG makes those 2nd half adjustments. The kind Meadows rolled his eyes about last week vs. Cathloc.

With this win or close loss MHS might, just maybe, mightget some respect from the so called "Big Boys".

I think Maryville has been among the big boys for many years now. And just remember MHS became 6A the same day the rest of the class did.

FBE

Football Emeritus

Maryville a better team or better coaching staff? Wish I could be there. I think the Reb fans have wanted this game for a while. We know what happens in the spring sports when the Rebs go against Farragut so you can't let them have the fall sports also Rebs.

I think Maryville wants this game more.

Prove me wrong Admirals. :blush:

Not so fast my friend. I believe that Maryville's softball team has won 5 of the last 8 district tournaments, including the last three in a row, while Farragut has won it twice during that period. (Bearden won in 2005 and Maryville was runner-up.)