Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so flipping tired of listening about T Rob..... Umm Jared Allen hello? I mean gosh even the radio people give him respect. When cowboy on the redzone was asked if he was to draft a high school fantasy team who is quarterback would be. The answer simply was the kid from Polk. No respect from T rob their. HAHA. Anyways This is going to be a great game and trust me I will say it again. Them speedways boys will never match the speed of Justin Houston from Bradley. Which we shut down after one big play. So let T Rob rip one it doesn't matter. We will shut him down the rest of the night. Btw if all your key players play both ways it makes it really hard to win a ball game. Good luck SP your gonna need it. Just throwing this out there to Polk doesn't run a wing T anymore just saying.

Charlie consulted his sources and did some digging and here are some answers to a few questions posted on this thread.....

Yes, Polk has a kicker that lost his leg below the knee due to a broken leg suffered in a spring scrimmage (2008). I think he was the #1 running back going into the '08 season. I believe he went through about 15 surgeries from Spring of '08 until winter of '08 when it was determined that amputation was the ony alternative. He kick's PAT's and plays some at DE and has carried the ball a few times.

Yes, Coach Derrick Davis is the son of Coach Larry Davis who coached the Wildcats during the late 20th century. If I'm not mistaken, this father and son coaching duo are 2nd or 3rd in Tennessee for combined wins by a father and son,,,,Any guesses at #1 ...? (wouldn't really be a guess would it?)

As for passing, Polk hasn't attempted many passes because when your up 21 - 0 after 1 qtr, there's really no need.

I read on here where SP is stingy against the run,,,but the TFP had the LV kid at 192 yards,,,I assume that was all during mop up duty,,,is that correct?

When did these teams play last?

Charlie thinks this will be a good game with great sportsmanship, hard hitting, and hopefully safe play, considering the connections that these coaching staffs and schools have....

Anybody know the connections.....?

Yea that kid for Valley might have had 50 yards against the first string D....he did the rest against 2nd and 3rd stringers so....but yes are run D is very very strong so if they are just going to line it up and try to pound us then they may be in for a suprise...I would imagine Polk's line is no where as big as Boyd's and we handled them pretty well I thought....

doesn't matter how big they are it's the pride and heart that they play with. and i'll tell every SP fan out there that thinks this is gonna be a blowout that Polk County is a very very good team. they are well coached and have great discipline. not taking anything away from SP but this isn't going to be as easy a game as alot of you guys think

I think you Pirate fans need a reminder that you CAN be beat. The only place you're invincible is in your heads.

Fri Oct. 9 Boyd Buchanan-20 South Pitt-12

We are beatable but remember Terrell did not play in that game and everybody knows that our offense goes through him cause he can run it or throw it and has made good decesions this year :roll:

I always thought football was played with 11 on each side? So since he didn't play, no one took his place? Or are you stating that the guy who took his place wasn't any good?

Pretty sad indictment from a Pirate fan who thinks it's all about one person. :lol:

Just be glad Terrell did not play with the remainder of the team 2 weeks ago. I quoted on the Boyd board well before the game that the only chance the Bucs had was if Terrell did not show up. That unfortunately came true but the remainder of the team still almost beat BB anyway. It is a team that wins and loses together. Take the best player off any team and I guarantee you under the circumstances they would struggle as well. Just keep running that mouth...it will be silenced by either Friendship Christian or Trousdale Co.

Old Pirate says this SP fan sees things the way OP is a seeing things. The thing about having T. Rob is simply his threat which opens up other opportunities. OP says this is the best duel threat player since that Ferrell youngon wore the orange and black back in the 80s. The Pirates do have several but it all starts with him. The weather situation continues to be unfavorable for futeball FryDay. That BB coach was not about to let that game be rescheduled due to dangerous weather.

This matchup reminds OP of the Gordonsville game a couple of years back when they came to town and beat the Pirates. Dad burnit, that was the last time the Pirates were beat at home. This thing is shaping up to be a goodin ifin weather is good.

Yep, that is right ROY....We are completely abandoning the shotgun and going back to the wingT just for Friday night so we can confuse Polk :lol: NOT!!!!Or are we?????? :roll:

Most of our soph, jrs and seniors ran the wing T for me as far back as 9-10 and 11-12 little league and they ran it again for us in Jr High and it was the varsity's base set last year when some gun was added. Don't think these kids can't run some T with just a few reps this week...if that is what Coach Grider has in mind???? Interesting!!

Yep, that is right ROY....We are completely abandoning the shotgun and going back to the wingT just for Friday night so we can confuse Polk :x NOT!!!!Or are we?????? :roll:

Most of our soph, jrs and seniors ran the wing T for me as far back as 9-10 and 11-12 little league and they ran it again for us in Jr High and it was the varsity's base set last year when some gun was added. Don't think these kids can't run some T with just a few reps this week...if that is what Coach Grider has in mind???? Interesting!!

I bet Polk people are saying....Wing T...Oh NO! Please Please do not throw a wrinkle in your offense this year and confuse us :lol:

Im so flipping tired of listening about T Rob..... Umm Jared Allen hello? I mean gosh even the radio people give him respect. When cowboy on the redzone was asked if he was to draft a high school fantasy team who is quarterback would be. The answer simply was the kid from Polk. No respect from T rob their. HAHA. Anyways This is going to be a great game and trust me I will say it again. Them speedways boys will never match the speed of Justin Houston from Bradley. Which we shut down after one big play. So let T Rob rip one it doesn't matter. We will shut him down the rest of the night. Btw if all your key players play both ways it makes it really hard to win a ball game. Good luck SP your gonna need it. Just throwing this out there to Polk doesn't run a wing T anymore just saying.

Aint seen Allen play except for clips in those videos, but based on what I saw...I would still take Terrell....to dangerous :roll:

As in all big games turnovers and field position will decide this game. The only thing I know for sure is that Polk will hit you hard from the time the band plays the anthem until the final whistle blows. I'm sure SP does the same. If Polk has to operate in a long field most of the night IMO they will have a tough time getting the win. If Polks D creates turnovers SP will have a tough time getting the W.

Aside from all the mud slinging, where is good parking down there?(if your gonna just make some smart remark don't bother replying)

There are plenty of places to park....You got the high school you can pull in at, or some of the local places, and I know people usually park where I go to church Grace Baptist (turn right beside the electric co-op and can't miss it) which has plenty of spaces...All of these places are easy to find so should not be much of a problem :roll:

As in all big games turnovers and field position will decide this game. The only thing I know for sure is that Polk will hit you hard from the time the band plays the anthem until the final whistle blows. I'm sure SP does the same. If Polk has to operate in a long field most of the night IMO they will have a tough time getting the win. If Polks D creates turnovers SP will have a tough time getting the W.

Polk will definitily win the band competition that is for sure...since we only have about 12 people in ours...but they try and I give them a :roll: for it!! Is Polk's band good? Would not mind hearing another band at Beene stadium like Cascade's...Now they were good!

As far as Polk being "confused," don't count on it. Polk may very well get beat, but it will not be because they are unprepared or confused. IMO, Coach Derrick Davis is as good of a defensive game-planner as there is in this area. I have seen many of Polk's games in this latest Davis era, and if the defense gets beat it is because the players fail to execute, not because they were unprepared or confused.