ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Milan had no offense at all until late in the game, when it looked as if Alcoa was playing the pass and had a 3 man front in the game. Then I think Avery broke 2 runs!!"

Milan broke those runs against a 4-3 defense. Alcoa's starters were on the field. It's on Avery Williamson's youtube video. So that is false.

Milan is used to running right at their opponents. They try to wear down them by the 4th. Milan's gameplan is very similar or identical to Alcoa's. Difference is, Alcoa's O-Line is way better than Milan's. That is why running the ball last year was unsuccessful.

There is not doubt, Milan has the advantage on the outside against Alcoa's corners.

They should pass to open up some gaps in the run. Because when space is provided, Gilbert can do very good things.

RebelRon brought up Derrick Evans......

Look, he has the opportunity and the ability to be the BEST Alcoa lineman since........Dare I say???

Todd Upton.... :roflol:

I wish Derrick was wearing the Red n Black like his older brother Brock did from 2002-2005. Brock was good but nowhere near as good as Derrick is. Derrick is a big time prospect.

"Milan had no offense at all until late in the game, when it looked as if Alcoa was playing the pass and had a 3 man front in the game. Then I think Avery broke 2 runs!!"

Milan broke those runs against a 4-3 defense. Alcoa's starters were on the field. It's on Avery Williamson's youtube video. So that is false.

Milan is used to running right at their opponents. They try to wear down them by the 4th. Milan's gameplan is very similar or identical to Alcoa's. Difference is, Alcoa's O-Line is way better than Milan's. That is why running the ball last year was unsuccessful.

There is not doubt, Milan has the advantage on the outside against Alcoa's corners.

They should pass to open up some gaps in the run. Because when space is provided, Gilbert can do very good things.

If Alcoa does have a weakness it is pass defense. Maryville had some success against them. Maryville had receivers wide open all game long. Trouble is you have to block that Alcoa front. Maryville had trouble blocking Darrell Warren and Tyler Robinson.

BTW does anyone have a good radio station that will be streamed online for this game? The one that the Milan page usually displays will never load over here, and I'm too far away for any kind of listening to a radio. Thanks!

The Milan station website is victory937.com. Only the sports programming is streamed, so the feed will begin at 2pm. If that still doesn't work, live audio for all the games will be provided by the Tennessee High School Sports Network at TSSAA.org.

[quote="REBELRON

If Alcoa does have a weakness it is pass defense. Maryville had some success against them. Maryville had receivers wide open all game long. Trouble is you have to block that Alcoa front. Maryville had trouble blocking Darrell Warren and Tyler Robinson.

Those boys do have hilacious bull rushes. Milan will definitely need help from the backs in pass protection. Get it out of there quick to because them boys are tall and can bat it down

Ok well I know for a fact that one of the runs was against a 3 man front. sorry even I mess up!! I wouldn't say that Alcoa has a corner who is 6'3" and can match up with anybody!! they have good safeties that sit over the top. One of them made himself known to a couple of Milan players last year in the game #16 I believe.

RebelRon brought up Derrick Evans......

Look, he has the opportunity and the ability to be the BEST Alcoa lineman since........Dare I say???

Todd Upton.... :D

I wish Derrick was wearing the Red n Black like his older brother Brock did from 2002-2005. Brock was good but nowhere near as good as Derrick is. Derrick is a big time prospect.

Yea he is a big time prospect and a big reason why is because he works hard for it, last year we were running for baseball in January and Derrick was pushing a sled on the pratice field, he really gets after it.