ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ESPN announcers tonight in the TN-KY game have said numerous times that Randall Cobb was from Knoxville.....I thought he played at Al"we're cocky"coa...then it came to me ...open zone

Are there any players from your high school playing college ball tonight??? :lol:

No - they have already played..........got beat though

Somethings never change huh?? :roflol:

Good luck to both teams, but with all the comparisons between us and Alcoa, I am rooting for Alcoa in this one. I hope all the Alcoa fans come early to watch us play in the 1A Championship... cause most of us are staying to watch you!

We have something in common, because most Milan fans I venture to guess will be pulling for Union City!

Congratulations to both programs on returning to the state championship! Most fans had predicted this rematch, but hats off to Alcoa and Milan for getting it done on the field.

These stats won't determine a winner or loser. For what they are worth, though, here are some numbers of interest:

Alcoa averages 332 rushing yards per game. Milan gives up 108.

Milan averages 229 rushing yards per game. Alcoa gives up WELL under 100.

Alcoa averages about 60 passing yards per game. Milan gives up 96.

Milan averages 129 passing yards per game. Alcoa gives up about 90.

Alcoa averages 37.4 PPG. Milan gives up 10.0 PPG.

Milan averages 39.2 PPG. Alcoa gives up 8.1 PPG.

with "open zones" is it true Alcoa is the best team in Knoxville?

I would say yes, at least this year. Our 06' & 07' recruiting classes have really panned out. Maryville may get more 5 star types but our 3 star recruits have developed into big time players. Thanks for recognizing our "Machine." We may open up more of East Tenn after this year :bored:

89 I hear one of starsandbars daughters is or was dating an alcoa boy maybe he can help you guys get a nice garbage service/recruiting business and expand some. :thumb: everyone hates a winner!! alcoa by 3-4 touchdowns lets go f5 and bring 2 more gold balls back to the home of high school football in Tennessee.

I was merely saying, unless Alcoa is going to come up passing the ball 25 times in the first half, I dont see Milan having a problem with their running game dominating them.

Dude - Alcoa is going to run the ball. It is what they do. They will not throw the ball 15 times next week and might not throw it 5 depending on what happens early. They will live and die by the run.......

#2 your missing my point here man. I am agreeing w/ you that IS what Alcoa does, I'm just stating that the only teams that have stayed close with Milan this year threw the ball on them. I don't think Alcoa will throw it. They WILL run it, and our run defense is our strong point, and I too..hope they die by that run first, run second philosphy next Friday :bored: