ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

I don't think milan has the team to beat alcoa, from what I saw in the york- milan game last night, milan has a good running game but not much else. Their corners seem abit soft their not use to hitting and getting run over. I think the team is to use to playing in the cotton fields I saw, because every time york ran and hit them they where getting an shaking their head. ALCO will crush them 48-0. :twisted:

Who's york gonna crush this friday night? :o

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might only be one of few Milan fans that think Alcoa beating Maryville this year says

alot about just how good this tornado team is. We might not want to admit it,

but we Milan fans know it will take one heck of a game plan, Alcoa turning over

the ball a few times, and the Bulldawgs playing flawless football to win. If Milan

was to win, I think it would be one of the biggest upsets in high school football

in the state of TN in a long time. What are some upsets that come to mind,

please post teams and scores if you can remember. Thanks

Most of you guys are just on here for kicks and giggles, but this post is the best and most sensible by a Milan fan this season. Maryville has probably improved a lot since August, as they were a fairly young team this year, but I saw them put up more than 400 yards of total offense on Riverdale last week. (By the way, Riverdale has one of the best defenses in D-I.) To think that Alcoa did the same thing to the Red Rebels shows that Coach Rankin's team is very strong.

Alcoa fans can expect to see Milan's best game. Whether that means the Tornadoes still win or the Bulldogs pull the upset, we won't know until Friday. But as a fan, that's all you can ask of your team. Best of luck to Coach Morris and the guys as they practice this week - looking forward to seeing you back in the championship.

Most of the things said around here are for just show. Truth is, Milan fans KNOW what we're up against....again I state, The BEAST from the East! It's going to be a TOUGH game. We have our few, (Swingjuice is usually the "leader") who get on here and talk up Milan, and "50+" and crap like that. But don't judge that on our ENTIRE fan base. The majority of Milan's fans know this isn't going to be easy....but it's ENTIRELY possible. If Milan comes out this Friday, like they did against York last Friday....we've lost before we hit the field. But it's back to normal for the guys this week. School every day, practice every day, focus every day, and Friday, it's GAME DAY! My boys are gonna be ready.....and so will yours......and my tag line remains...

Round Two of:

The BEAST from the East, and the BEST of the West!!

You guys (Milan) better play better defense because there wasn't any against York on Friday night.You play like you did against us you will get beat by 4 touchdowns by halftime. Then, again you might be safe since alcoa doesnt throw it much because you guys could not I repeat could not stop the pass. Alcoa may not have to throw it though if they run over you like they do everybody else.Your defensive line better get more physical and aggressive.Just sayin............................ :twisted:[/quo

I thought York only scored 15 points? Milan must have stopped something.

So what exactly is the reasoning behind the predictions of Alcoa "blowing" Milan out of the water?? They didn't blow them away last year....it was 28-14. And from what I've heard, Alcoa is a little down, Milan is a little better. I just don't see Alcoa blowing us out of the water. They haven't blown ANY team out of the water during the playoffs. I'm picking my by 3 or 7. I'll have a more exact prediction by the end of the week!

GO DAWGS!!!

This post is hilarious! :o:twisted:

Keep on believing that! Alcoa didn't blow any team out of the water because we actually played some teams: CAK & Loudon.

I have no idea where you got the impression that "Alcoa is a little down this year". This team is probably better than any team we've had the past 5 years. It's definitely a different team, but probably better.

coachh17: Loudon actually had 9 in the box. Worked for a while. Good game plan, but our line is just too good.

POUND THE ROCK!

I get that impression from these stats:

2008:

Alcoa vs. Opponents

622points to 75points

2009:

Alcoa vs. Opponents

567points to 114points.

Alcoa has scored less, gave up more. That to me signifies being "down".

Milan stats:

2008:

Milan vs Opponents

581points to 239points

2009:

Milan vs. Opponents

549points to 140points

Offense relatively the same....Defense better.

THAT is my argument.

Your argument is based upon incomplete data. A key fact you left out is strength of schedule. Last time I checked, Coach T had Alcoa rated as the no. 2 toughest schedule while Milan is rated at no. 46 in the AA classification. Bottomline is our schedule was significantly tougher this year as compared to last. Also, you failed to recognize that Alcoa is allowing opponents and average of only 8.2 points per game. And quite frankly, most of those were scored against the F3s in mop up roles in the third and fourth quarters as Coach rankin is quick to subsititue once up 35 points.

Again, using your incomplete argument and numbers, one could say that Milan's offense is down this year since they scored a 32 fewer points in 2009 when compared to the 2008 season.

It's only Sunday and you guys are already on page 20!!! This is going to be an interesting thread to watch.

Hey APB....I have an assignment for you. Since Coach Rankin is running out of fingers for all his rings, what do you think a belly-button ring would look like for him? I can't wait to see what you will come up with. GQ may be interested too...he is into fashion as well.

Go Alcoa!!! Bring home another gold ball. :twisted:

So what exactly is the reasoning behind the predictions of Alcoa "blowing" Milan out of the water?? They didn't blow them away last year....it was 28-14. And from what I've heard, Alcoa is a little down, Milan is a little better. I just don't see Alcoa blowing us out of the water. They haven't blown ANY team out of the water during the playoffs. I'm picking my by 3 or 7. I'll have a more exact prediction by the end of the week!

Again, using your incomplete argument and numbers, one could say that Milan's offense is down this year since they scored a 32 fewer points in 2009 when compared to the 2008 season.

For what it's worth....We (Maryville) did not think Alcoa was down this year. They appeared to be at least slightly above the average range when we played them....lol

Bulldawgirl.......Go back and look at my post, when I talk trash about us hanging 50 on a team

Milan usually does. We , and everyone will admit, played some cup cake teams this

year. Some of my post are meant to be funny, and over the top, but I know a little bit

about high school football. If Vegas was to put a line on the game I would guess

it would be Alcoa giving around 14 pts. If Coleman was healthy and Wise was back

at Def. end that would give two big studs vs their run game and I think this game

would be close to a toss up. You know what they say about.....IF'S.........

Milan will come out and play with nothing to lose and alot of emotion, they were

happy to be there last year, this year is different, Avery and Co. want to win bad.

If Alcoa has a few miscues, I think it could be close at the end. I've said all year long

that we are gonna need Moody to kick a game winning FG, hasn't happened yet.

Who knows Good Luck Milan......I'll be drinking a cold one either way and looking

foward to Avery and Tyler helping UK next year. See everyone in Cooky-ville.

I get that impression from these stats:

2008:

Alcoa vs. Opponents

622points to 75points

2009:

Alcoa vs. Opponents

567points to 114points.

Alcoa has scored less, gave up more. That to me signifies being "down".

Milan stats:

2008:

Milan vs Opponents

581points to 239points

2009:

Milan vs. Opponents

549points to 140points

Offense relatively the same....Defense better.

THAT is my argument.

Comparing statistics from two seasons is not too meaningful a way to determine if a team is down in one year as compared to another, particularly for a team that for the most part dominated its opposition over the past two years. A lot has to do with the way the coach chooses to play the second halves of their many blowouts.

However, there is a pretty simple explanation for why Alcoa scored fewer points and allowed more points in 2009 than in 2008 - the schedule. Other than CAK and Loudon, Alcoa's 2A region last year was weaker than normal.

Plus, Alcoa's three new district opponents - Kingston (3A), Scott County(4A), and Stone Memorial(4A) were in higher classifications in 2008 than was Alcoa. Plus, Alcoa's nonconference schedule was tougher in 2009 than 2008. Plus, Alcoa's playoff schedule through the semifinals has been tougher in 2009 than 2008.

So, you essentially replaced Wartburg, Oliver Springs, Sweetwater, and Rockwood with Kingston, Scott County, and Stone Memorial. Granted, Scott County and Stone Memorial were not very good 4A teams this year and Kingston of 2009 was a shadow of the 2008 Kingston team that almost beat 3A State Champion Knoxville Catholic. But, all in all, the conference schedule was upgraded.

Some of the teams in Alcoa's 2008 region were so weak that the coaching staff had to go to great lengths to hold the final scores to what they were.

Alcoa played 2 of 4 2008 nonconference games against playoff teams and in 2009 4 of 5 nonconference games against playoff teams, including 6A finalist Maryville, Kentucky 4A semifinalist Bell County, and perennial state championship contender Fulton.

In the playoffs, Alcoa played Loudon and CAK both years. Both teams were significantly better in 2009 than 2008. Although the records don't indicate it, 2009 first round opponent Tyner Academy was a much better team than 2008 opponent Cumberland Gap. Semifinal opponents (Marion County in 2008 and Elizabethton in 2009) were comparable.

Region Schedule 2008

Alcoa 44 (1-9) Wartburg 0

Alcoa 62 (2-9) Oliver Springs 0

Alcoa 28 (7-5) CAK 7

Alcoa 51 (4-6) Sweetwater 0

Alcoa 52 (4-6) Rockwood 0

Alcoa 37 (8-5) Loudon 0

District Schedule 2009

Alcoa 21 (10-3) Loudon 0

Alcoa 42 (4-7) Scott County 15

Alcoa 49 (5-6) Kingston 7

Alcoa 49 (3-8) Stone Memorial 6

Alcoa 24 (10-2) CAK 7

Nonconference Schedule 2008

Alcoa 63 (2-8) Spring Hill 3

Alcoa 13 (14-1) Maryville 20

Alcoa 28 (12-2) White House 3

Alcoa 56 (2-9) Booker T Washington 0

Nonconference Schedule 2009

Alcoa 42 (12-2) Bell County, Ky 14

Alcoa 41 (13-1) Maryville 24

Alcoa 27 (8-4) Knoxville Fulton 7

Alcoa 49 (2-8) Chattanooga Howard 0

Alcoa 49 (7-4) McMinn Central 7

Playoff Games 2008

Alcoa 68 (7-4) Cumberland Gap 0

Alcoa 28 (7-5) CAK 14

Alcoa 34 (8-4) Loudon 0

Alcoa 30 (11-3) Marion County 14

Playoff Games 2009

Alcoa 47 (6-5) Tyner Academy 7

Alcoa 31 (10-2) CAK 10

Alcoa 21 (10-3) Loudon 3

Alcoa 34 (11-3) Elizabethton 7

Bottom line:

Alcoa beat Maryville in 2009, lost to Maryville in 2008

Alcoa's district, nonconference, and playoff schedules were tougher in 2009 than 2008.

Alcoa dominated its opposition in both 2008 and 2009.

I really can't see how you can make much of an argument that Alcoa is weaker in 2009 than 2008.

My assertion is that Milan is going to have to play much better in the 2009 championship game than it did in 2008 to have a chance to win. Having to wait until the 4th quarter before getting its second first down of the game (as happened in the 2008 championship game) will not work.