ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And P.S. I caught Gilbert in a footrace :lol: (and got planted by Williamson :lol::roflol:....more than once too haha )

We Milan fans know that JBronk is by NO means our fastest player. However, he is that guy that about 5 dragons grabbed ahold of, and he gained about 6 more yards with them on his back. Fast....don't need it when you can just carry the line down the field with you! lol

However, GREAT game Tyrel! You guys played a GREAT game, and if you didn't have so many people going both ways, could have definitely made a GREAT 4 quarter game out of it. You were by far the best team we'd seen all year, and that's what we expected in the Semi's. Bad thing for Milan, is they are only as strong as their toughest opponent. and up until York...well they didn't have a tough opponent! Anyway great game Tyrel, and great season. Wish you the best of luck! :shock:

So what exactly is the reasoning behind the predictions of Alcoa "blowing" Milan out of the water?? They didn't blow them away last year....it was 28-14. And from what I've heard, Alcoa is a little down, Milan is a little better. I just don't see Alcoa blowing us out of the water. They haven't blown ANY team out of the water during the playoffs. I'm picking my by 3 or 7. I'll have a more exact prediction by the end of the week!

GO DAWGS!!!

This post is hilarious! :lol::roflol:

Keep on believing that! Alcoa didn't blow any team out of the water because we actually played some teams: CAK & Loudon.

I have no idea where you got the impression that "Alcoa is a little down this year". This team is probably better than any team we've had the past 5 years. It's definitely a different team, but probably better.

coachh17: Loudon actually had 9 in the box. Worked for a while. Good game plan, but our line is just too good.

POUND THE ROCK!

So what exactly is the reasoning behind the predictions of Alcoa "blowing" Milan out of the water?? They didn't blow them away last year....it was 28-14. And from what I've heard, Alcoa is a little down, Milan is a little better. I just don't see Alcoa blowing us out of the water. They haven't blown ANY team out of the water during the playoffs. I'm picking my by 3 or 7. I'll have a more exact prediction by the end of the week!

GO DAWGS!!!

Keep on believing that! Alcoa didn't blow any team out of the water because we actually played some teams: CAK & Loudon.

I have no idea where you got the impression that "Alcoa is a little down this year". This team is probably better than any team we've had the past 5 years. It's definitely a different team, but probably better.

coachh17: Loudon actually had 9 in the box. Worked for a while. Good game plan, but our line is just too good.

POUND THE ROCK!

I get that impression from these stats:

2008:

Alcoa vs. Opponents

622points to 75points

2009:

Alcoa vs. Opponents

567points to 114points.

Alcoa has scored less, gave up more. That to me signifies being "down".

Milan stats:

2008:

Milan vs Opponents

581points to 239points

2009:

Milan vs. Opponents

549points to 140points

Offense relatively the same....Defense better.

THAT is my argument.

with "open zones" is it true Alcoa is the best team in Knoxville?

I would say yes, at least this year. Our 06' & 07' recruiting classes have really panned out. Maryville may get more 5 star types but our 3 star recruits have developed into big time players. Thanks for recognizing our "Machine." We may open up more of East Tenn after this year :lol:

89 I hear one of starsandbars daughters is or was dating an alcoa boy maybe he can help you guys get a nice garbage service/recruiting business and expand some. :roflol: everyone hates a winner!! alcoa by 3-4 touchdowns lets go f5 and bring 2 more gold balls back to the home of high school football in Tennessee.

Yeah, I know a thing or two about dating Maryville girls :shock: I wish I lived close enough to Blount County to help with recruiting.................I'm sure the TSSAA would ban me :lol:

GO DAWGS!!!

POUND THE ROCK!

This is a great team no doubt but I wouldnt say this team was as good or better then any we've had in the past 5 years. Defensively we're probably one of the best teams Ive ever seen but offensively we're very one dimensional. I know we like to get on here and say "oh we dont need to pass when we run like we do" Plain and simple we run like we do cause we know we cant pass. Lets hope the 8th grade QB hits the weights hard in the off season cause if we stay the way we are, the talent gap will only close up faster then it should.

Come on.... R U serious! It was 43-15. Does it look like they had any trouble with YORK. I mean you guys beat Elizabethton by less than we beat York. Must mean ya'll are in big trouble!! :roflol:

Lets be honest about it. Everybody saw the game last year. Neither team turns the ball over alot. Both teams love to pound the rock. It will not be a high scoring game. I'm not saying milan will win and I'm not saying Alcoa will win. But didn't Toney play running back last year. Didn't Avery have 22 tackles last year. Mostly the same cast of characters back this year.

Anybody who thinks this game is going to be a blow out either way is an idiot!

Milan may have done the same...........but Alcoa pulled the starters to save them for the championship game. The 3's with a freshman FB, and RB scored the last TD. The third team defense gave up the only score for Betsy late in the fourth qtr............That game could have been 48-0 easy. A lot tougher challenge the week! :lol:

I hoped people would see the sarcasm in that post. I don't guess you caught it. My point was that a score (halftime or final) doesn't indicate future performance of a team, Alcoa or Milan.

Milan brings a D that held Alcoa to under 3 yds. per rush last year. Although Tallent is decent, he is not Chase James and you really miss Sam Thompson.

A lot of these Alcoa fans won't admit it, but Rankin knows this is the one team he didn't want to see again.

Milan needs to improve time of possession and field position from last years game to have a shot in this one. Alcoa led that with 33 min vs. 15 min.

Milan is not favored in this one, but anyone that really has a clue about football knows Milan can win this game.

:roflol:

I might only be one of few Milan fans that think Alcoa beating Maryville this year says

alot about just how good this tornado team is. We might not want to admit it,

but we Milan fans know it will take one heck of a game plan, Alcoa turning over

the ball a few times, and the Bulldawgs playing flawless football to win. If Milan

was to win, I think it would be one of the biggest upsets in high school football

in the state of TN in a long time. What are some upsets that come to mind,

please post teams and scores if you can remember. Thanks

Most of you guys are just on here for kicks and giggles, but this post is the best and most sensible by a Milan fan this season. Maryville has probably improved a lot since August, as they were a fairly young team this year, but I saw them put up more than 400 yards of total offense on Riverdale last week. (By the way, Riverdale has one of the best defenses in D-I.) To think that Alcoa did the same thing to the Red Rebels shows that Coach Rankin's team is very strong.

Alcoa fans can expect to see Milan's best game. Whether that means the Tornadoes still win or the Bulldogs pull the upset, we won't know until Friday. But as a fan, that's all you can ask of your team. Best of luck to Coach Morris and the guys as they practice this week - looking forward to seeing you back in the championship.

You guys (Milan) better play better defense because there wasn't any against York on Friday night.You play like you did against us you will get beat by 4 touchdowns by halftime. Then, again you might be safe since alcoa doesnt throw it much because you guys could not I repeat could not stop the pass. Alcoa may not have to throw it though if they run over you like they do everybody else.Your defensive line better get more physical and aggressive.Just sayin............................ :roflol:

Alcoa has weaknesses and Milan can win. Milan has weaknesses and Alcoa can win. This is how Milan wins.

1) 41 from York is a player. 10 from York is a player. They would have eaten Alcoa's corners up until they ran out of steam, similar to what they did to Milan as Alcoa's corners are definitely the weakness of the defense (worse than Milan).

2) Alcoa plays a bunch of folks both ways. Why, who knows? They do wear down significantly as the game goes on. Really weird seeing the qb playing on o, d, and special teams. But when they are fresh, they are a handful. Tyler is awesome, but does seem to lose alot of steam due to playing so much. Milan will have to stop them early in the game and take advantage of the "wear down"

3) Alcoa's QB reminded me alot of the qb from York except a shorter, smaller arm version. Alcoa's qb doesn't have the arm but he moves around alot and escapes alot of tackes. Milan's db's got to stick with their coverage because he can scramble and find the wide open guys down the field. Alcoa's receivers look like they could be very good, but don't think they throw it that much.

4) Milan's qb doesn't have to throw the ball way down field. It really looks like the dawgs could pick on their corners.

5) I was surprised (like everybody else was) that York was able to throw the ball like they did. I really hope that Alcoa does try to throw it alot because that gets them away from their strength.

Milan will have to game plan to Alcoa's weakness. However, it really looks like they have the weapons. Only playing one kid both ways will really help. I really think Alcoa scores early but Milan can keep up with them. 14-14 half. Somebody is gonna use some trick plays and will get some advantage. I really believe this game is going to come down to special teams, where I think Milan has a decisive advantage. Turnover will also play a big role. Milan 35-21. Remember everybody talking last year about Maryville getting beat in the Championship game. This has the making of part II.

You guys (Milan) better play better defense because there wasn't any against York on Friday night.You play like you did against us you will get beat by 4 touchdowns by halftime. Then, again you might be safe since alcoa doesnt throw it much because you guys could not I repeat could not stop the pass. Alcoa may not have to throw it though if they run over you like they do everybody else.Your defensive line better get more physical and aggressive.Just sayin............................ :twisted:

Go to the school and pat 41 and 10 on the back. They are players. Why they disappeared in 2nd half, ??? You guys ran for exactly how many yards? Don't remember much, but I am sure it was positive yardage but it wasn't much. I hope Alcoa tries it. Really.